Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 09:00 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Other than the OP, who's worried about it? Credit or debit cards make up the majority of purchases And that's been the case for quite some time. And with the pandemic, I'm sure current figures will show even more usage of plastic.
Every thoughtful person is concerned about it. A cashless society is one in which the government can veto or impose (politically correct) conditions on any transaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 09:01 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
"The piece at the end said most poor people have to use cash.. I am not poor , just smart.
My linking the article was merely to show stats. Just because more poor people use cash wasn't implying you were poor. Just that the overall statistics show that. There are 331 million people in this country.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Every thoughtful person is concerned about it. A cashless society is one in which the government can veto or impose (politically correct) conditions on any transaction.
Yes, of course. So an indirect personal attack on the majority of people just because they think differently from you. Clearly anyone that uses credit cards or debit cards for the majority of their purchases must be thoughtless. That's great pal.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:05 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Having my credit card number stolen is among the lowest concerns in my life. It has happened a handful of times. I have received a notification from the bank, I cancel the card, and they wipe off the fraudulent purchases. It’s barely even inconvenient, and far less inconvenient than having to carry cash around. If I’m really concerned, my Capital One app will generate a one time card number for me to use, but like I said, I’m not worried about it.
I have the highest credit score that I earned and I don't want some creep using my credit card so I take extra precautions. I have creeps calling me with scams so I know how many are out there to get something for nothing.

I report them to the right agencies to do my part . These scammers actually use some innocent peoples phone numbers to call with their scam.. It is happening today .

I find it is very convenient to have cash. I have more choices. Cash or credit card. So many times I am behind someone who is having trouble with their credit card and all they are buying is a cup of coffee.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:08 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
"The piece at the end said most poor people have to use cash.. I am not poor , just smart.
I'm not surprised the left doesn't care about poor people's needs, once again. Of course eliminating cash would disproportionately affect minorities.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I'm not surprised the left doesn't care about poor people's needs, once again. Of course eliminating cash would disproportionately affect minorities.
Oh brother. More Red team/Blue team hogwash. Lord forbid it's not political at all and simply has to do with convenience.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
When they are dirt poor their only hope is wishing they had some cash. Most don't even have a checking account.. if they get a check when they work they go to a check cashing business where they are robbed by the people charging them a large amount just for cashing a check.. they have to go to the bank for a money order.

The poor also has to borrow some money from a person they know.. without cash it will be very hard on the poor. If they borrow money from any credit company it is with a huge interest rate because they look at the risk of the borrower. How they will be able to function in a cashless society will be a huge challenge.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:18 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Some people run so scared of things. These sites have the job of making you scared, not sure why you let them.

Just look back across the previous decades, and all the doom, gloom and societal collapse that has been predicted. None of it happened.

I know, I know...... IT IS HAPPENING NOW!!!!!

I've been hearing that since I was a kid. It is a marketing and voting ploy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-20-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Some people run so scared of things. These sites have the job of making you scared, not sure why you let them.

Just look back across the previous decades, and all the doom, gloom and societal collapse that has been predicted. None of it happened.

I know, I know...... IT IS HAPPENING NOW!!!!!

I've been hearing that since I was a kid. It is a marketing and voting ploy.
When you go to buy gas is the price up? When you go to buy food today is the price up? The government has a huge impact on where this country goes ... economically, morally, mentally and medically.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:23 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
I have the highest credit score that I earned and I don't want some creep using my credit card so I take extra precautions. I have creeps calling me with scams so I know how many are out there to get something for nothing.

I report them to the right agencies to do my part . These scammers actually use some innocent peoples phone numbers to call with their scam.. It is happening today .

I find it is very convenient to have cash. I have more choices. Cash or credit card. So many times I am behind someone who is having trouble with their credit card and all they are buying is a cup of coffee.
Whatever makes you feel good. You spend far more energy worrying about fraudsters than I would ever give them. My credit score is above 800, too. I keep some cash in my work backpack for tipping housekeeping at hotels, but that’s about the extent of it. Not carrying cash doesn’t bother me one bit.

Keep waiting for that “Great Reset,” because it’s going to be a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies