Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 07:25 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,349,573 times

Advertisements

As I am sure that my many posts have made clear, I am far from being any kind of authority of ANYTHING concerning this pandemic, but I thought it was fairly well-known that the mRNA type of vaccines, or at least vaccine technology, has been part of the science for many years, so I am not sure why this is particularly alarming. https://www.uab.edu/news/youcanuse/i...uickly-be-safe

I would appreciate any enlightening about this anyone could give on this.

P.S. However, even after scanning the above link, I am still not convinced that the mRNA vaccines are safe!

Old 07-21-2021, 07:26 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
The patents dated 2018 and 2019 aren't for the vaccine but for delivery of therapeutic agents - which could be anything.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:27 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
It's recent technology/methods that have been patented and can be transferred to developing new vaccines. Do you realistically think that all technology in a vaccine starts from scratch? mRNA vaccines have been around for decades. The Chinese tried to develop an mRNA vaccine for SARS in the early 2000's and encountered too many adverse affects during the trials.

This is another one of those conspiracy subjects that was created last year and recycled.

disinformation over coronavirus patents

I've noticed that SARS has been patented, but there is still none for SARS-COVID-19. Moderna was party to the genomic sequence mapping undertaken by NIH in December 2019.

Last edited by lchoro; 07-21-2021 at 07:35 AM..

Old 07-21-2021, 07:28 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
As I am sure that my many posts have made clear, I am far from being any kind of authority of ANYTHING concerning this pandemic, but I thought it was fairly well-known that the mRNA type of vaccines, or at least vaccine technology, has been part of the science for many years, so I am not sure why this is particularly alarming.

I've read the same thing. mRNA is not new. Covid is not new. And these patents dated prior to 2020 are not Covid-specific patents.

23,866 posts, read 24,102,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Those 7 patents are the patents that make up Moderna's mRNA Covid-19 vaccine.
You didn't read my entire comment. I said that they were components. There's more to it than 7 ideas, guaranteed.

You found patents for an alternator, steel belted tires, a blinker relay and a cable release, and you think you've found a patent for the entire car.

Focusing on these is a waste of your time and effort. You're not helping the cause. You're actually hurting it. Please stop.

3,074 posts, read 3,261,909 times
Quote:
Anyone care to explain what is going on?
Not familiar with these types of patents, but why is it strange that a drug would be primarily based on previous research/technologies? Most of those patents are variations on patents filed over 20 years ago. Looks to me that they took a bunch of what they already had on hand, threw in a tweak to make it more cv19 specific, and voila, vaccine.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:29 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,513,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The patents dated 2018 and 2019 aren't for the vaccine but for delivery of therapeutic agents - which could be anything.

Essentially the companies have been working on these new generation of vaccines for years by patenting different things. Covid-19 was just the first opportunity to use them. Not as 'experimental' after all.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:29 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,437,408 times
Quote:
Nearly all of the vaccine patents that make up Moderna's mRNA covid-19 vaccine were filed before December 2019.

How is this possible?
How did Moderna know there would be a coronavirus outbreak?
Why were they already working on a vaccine for Covid-19 before Covid-19 officially existed?

This is from Moderna's official website regarding the 7 patents that make up their mRNA Covid-19 vaccine:
https://www.modernatx.com/patents

Click on all 7 patents and look at the filing date for each patent (on the left side). Ignore the date of when the patent was awarded (top right), what's important is the date when the patent was filed. In 6 of the patents, the filing dates were long before December 2019, which is when the new Covid-19 virus suddenly emerged (or so we're told).

Only one of the patents (the second on the list) shows a filing date after Dec. 2019, showing of Feb 28, 2020.

Anyone care to explain what is going on?
Pretty sure what's NOT going on is Moderna engaging in something nefarious and then putting it up on their website for the whole world to see.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:30 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,875,097 times
Wow ... so you think the ENTIRE process of mRNA was conceived of and invented AFTER COVID came along?

No.

The reason the vaccine "rollout" was able to go so fast is because the technology was ALREADY invented. Sheesh.
You think we "invented" it in a month? From first case to vaccine? We thought of and came up with mRNA?
Wow.
Some of you people search for nonsense all day long. What does it accomplish?

Old 07-21-2021, 07:30 AM

43,074 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
As I am sure that my many posts have made clear, I am far from being any kind of authority of ANYTHING concerning this pandemic, but I thought it was fairly well-known that the mRNA type of vaccines, or at least vaccine technology, has been part of the science for many years, so I am not sure why this is particularly alarming. https://www.uab.edu/news/youcanuse/i...uickly-be-safe

P.S. However, even after scanning the above link, I am still not convinced that the mRNA vaccines are safe!
Well if that is your thinking then shouldn't those patents be just as old in years ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies