Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 11:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times

Advertisements

I was having a discussion with an AA on Facebook - I pointed out that the NBA isn't diverse at all. When I pointed out the league is like 75% black, he said that's just and right, because whites made up the majority of the league when it was formed (it was invented by a white guy, of course).

So, by this leftist logic, all institutions - all places of power in America - that have been done by whites, must now be done by black/brown people going forward.

For example, the Supreme Court has been like 99% white-male since it was formed; therefore, going forward, POC should make up most (all??) of the future SCOTUS appointments. To them, that is "equity".

Similarly, all Fortune 500 companies positions of power that have been 90%+ white, need to now reflect a direct opposite of that demographic going forward.

If mayors of a large city have been 90%+ white-male, going forward, it should be 90%+ black or POC.

This is a big part of their views, I believe. I believe this is "equity" to them. As you know, with leftists (they're almost all pathological liars) you have to read between their lines - you have to try to figure out what schemes they are really up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 01:02 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Professional sports sorts athletes by athleticism and blacks generally have superior genetics in that regard. That’s why there are more blacks it has nothing to do with political race relations other than one of the factors why they have better genetics for athleticism is centuries of selective breeding among only those strong enough to survive truly horrid conditions.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:04 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I was having a discussion with an AA on Facebook - I pointed out that the NBA isn't diverse at all. When I pointed out the league is like 75% black, he said that's just and right, because whites made up the majority of the league when it was formed (it was invented by a white guy, of course).

So, by this leftist logic, all institutions - all places of power in America - that have been done by whites, must now be done by black/brown people going forward.

For example, the Supreme Court has been like 99% white-male since it was formed; therefore, going forward, POC should make up most (all??) of the future SCOTUS appointments. To them, that is "equity".

Similarly, all Fortune 500 companies positions of power that have been 90%+ white, need to now reflect a direct opposite of that demographic going forward.

If mayors of a large city have been 90%+ white-male, going forward, it should be 90%+ black or POC.

This is a big part of their views, I believe. I believe this is "equity" to them. As you know, with leftists (they're almost all pathological liars) you have to read between their lines - you have to try to figure out what schemes they are really up to.

Gee, can you identify this mystical AA you seem to believe represents the thinking of the entire left side of the aisle?

Old 07-21-2021, 01:09 PM

164 posts, read 54,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteofwhatstocome View Post
"equity", at best, is an idealistic theory that doesn't translate to reality, and is, at worst, being used to grab dominance.
That cute graphic is exceedingly simplistic and disregards the many, many nuances that render the notion a fairy tale.
+1

Old 07-21-2021, 01:09 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, can you identify this mystical AA you seem to believe represents the thinking of the entire left side of the aisle?
I have seen enough poison from the left to have formulated some strong opinions.

When they imply that all "old white men" and all "white institutions" are bad, that says a lot of things about them.

Symone Sanders, a person who Biden has in his cabinet, openly said "we don't need white people leading the democratic party right now"...well she couldn't be more clear. Point: all white people must step to the side until people like Sanders deem us acceptable ever again (which would be never, of course).

Old 07-21-2021, 01:10 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I have seen enough poison from the left to have formulated some strong opinions.

When they imply that all "old white men" and all "white institutions" are bad, that says a lot of things about them.

Symone Sanders, a person who Biden has in his cabinet, openly said "we don't need white people leading the democratic party right now"...well she couldn't be more clear. Point: all white people must step to the side until people like Sanders deem us acceptable ever again (which would be never, of course).

Opinions aren't FACTS!

Is your opinion also that NO poison emanates from the right?

Old 07-21-2021, 01:12 PM

43,121 posts, read 18,281,341 times
We all have equal opportunity.
But we do not have equal outcome. That is up to you and what you do with that opportunity.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:13 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Democrats have always been the racist party. They are continuing that tradition today.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:18 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteofwhatstocome View Post
"Equity", at best, is an idealistic theory that doesn't translate to reality, and is, at worst, being used to grab dominance.
That cute graphic is exceedingly simplistic and disregards the many, many nuances that render the notion a fairy tale.
It's essentially lowers the bar by suppressing outcomes for some and give some to others. It goes against fundamental human nature in some ways.

Equity means equality of outcomes, versus equality of opportunities. They will take from some to give to others or suppress some to give to others.

In theory it doesn't seem all that bad, in reality, it causes division anger, and resentment.

People should have equality in access and go as far as their work and talents will take them. Equity manifests itself in ways like not keeping score or everyone getting a trophy, which is dumb as hell to me.

"Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity" now just translates into white people basically being pushed to the back of the line for other people. Some of these SJW / Woke buzz words all sound ok, it's when they are put into practice is when you see the problems.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
We all have equal opportunity.
But we do not have equal outcome. That is up to you and what you do with that opportunity.
There’s no such thing as societal equal opportunity. The term is a canard. Equal opportunity is just as elusive as equal outcome is.

Opportunity is based on a million factors. My son doesn’t have the same opportunities as Bill Gates’ son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies