Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 09:13 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
well yeah, one caused billions of dollars of damages, over 30 murders, cities ablaze, autonomous zones, and countless business owners out of their lifes' work, and lasted for 6 months.

The other caused some broken windows and messed up papers and lasted for 2 hours.

No one can refute what you just said.
You're 100% correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 09:21 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I agree but, whatever occurred in all the other riots has no bearing on what was done on January 6. I believe people should be arrested and tried for looting and destruction during riots but breaking into a store is hardly the same as an attempt at changing election results through force and nothing else. That's treason!
That is not what happened and you know it. What force?? Not one protester was armed. The BLM/antifa terrorists who attacked the White House, forced the President of the United States to be moved to safety, and committed arson on St. John's Church did more "treason". What about the terrorists who tried to shut down the Brett Kavanaugh hearings??? That is also "terrorism".

Old 07-22-2021, 09:51 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Trash burning? Oh it's so much worse

People seem to have complete amnesia that the MAYOR OF SEATTLE told an entire police precinct to vacate the building because the mob was coming to take it over

We had large blocks of cities BARRICADED and declared AUTONOMOUS ZONES outside the control of the United States government for weeks and weeks on end

ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME DEMOCRATS!!
My point.

I have zero problem with the Jan 6 idiots getting whatever prison they have coming.

I just wonder why lefty trash is often ignored and allowed to commit felonies.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:26 AM

10,068 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Quote:
Still waiting for where this institutional racism is.

I'm sure like OJ Simpson, you're still looking for it
It's not my job to do your homework for you.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:31 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
It's not my job to do your homework for you.
Eating Doritos gives you brain cancer, we need to ban all chips. It's true, and don't ask me to tell you why it's not my job to do your homework for you. All you need to know is you owe me a lot of money to shut down the factories

Old 07-22-2021, 08:02 PM

10,068 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Quote:
Eating Doritos gives you brain cancer, we need to ban all chips. It's true, and don't ask me to tell you why it's not my job to do your homework for you. All you need to know is you owe me a lot of money to shut down the factories
Oh lord....

Look if you believe racism doesn't exist, or it only exists as blatant bigotry that is now taboo* and has no sociological significance, it's no skin off my nose.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:05 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
"Overall, 66% said that they want the Black Lives Matter riots investigated. According to the survey,
there were 574 violent clashes and over 2,000 police were injured. Just 49% said they support
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s partisan investigation of the Jan. 6 riots
."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ore-than-jan-6

How about both? Why is the GOP afraid of 1/6 and the dems afraid of BLM?

These two silly parties.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:48 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
How about both? Why is the GOP afraid of 1/6 and the dems afraid of BLM?

These two silly parties.
GOP is not afraid of 1/6, they want a genuine investigation, but not a partisan political witch hunt which is what Pelosi is trying to set up. And BLM-Anitfa mass riots of 2020 need to be investigated at the same time

Old 07-26-2021, 08:01 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Oh, lord -- now you are going to be responsible for spreading the "Eating Doritos will give you brain cancer" theory* and possibly causing mass panic!

I hope you can live with the guilt!

* https://www.shefinds.com/collections...althy/#slide-2 How soon can a vaccine for this be developed?

Old 07-26-2021, 10:18 AM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
How did they do anything at all that would amount to trying to "change election results through force?" They forced their way into the Capitol building, yes, and then did.... nothing. Nothing but wander the halls and take selfies, sometimes talking them with smiling Capitol Police.

The 1/6 rioters did not burn, loot murder. They were not even armed. Meanwhile the people that torched police stations and tried to burn court houses all over America, those people were armed.

Like so many other protests that turn into riots, people get caught up in the moment. They don't have any goals accept going along with the crowd. On 1/6, once people got inside the Capitol they came to their senses and stopped. Unlike the BLM riots where the rioters kept increasing their rage until they looted, burned and destroyed everything in sight.

I'm not saying the 1/6 rioters should not be punished, they should. However, their actions were child's play compared to the 600+ riots we saw from BLM and antifa, where people died, and entire city blocks were torched, and public buildings damaged or destroyed.
No Those who were in the group that "wander the halls and take selfies, sometimes talking them with smiling Capitol Police" did not break in, they were allowed in and the cops took them on a tour of the building. Big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I remember when antifa was setting fires and breaking the windows to Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler's home, forcing him to flee and find a new place to live.
Mayor Ted lived in a condo building. He fled while leaving the other residents of the building behind to pick up the pieces of their home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies