Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 02:30 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,489,347 times

Advertisements

China is buying up massive amounts of US farmland. It is a national security issue and must be addressed. We cannot sell control of our domestic food supply to the CCP.

Quote:
Lawmakers sound alarm over China purchases of US farmland

The push to drain China’s influence from the U.S. economy has reached America’s farm country, as congressional lawmakers from both parties are looking at measures to crack down on foreign purchases of prime agricultural real estate.

House lawmakers recently advanced legislation to that effect, warning that China’s presence in the American food system poses a national security risk. And key Senate lawmakers have already shown interest in efforts to keep American farms in American hands.

While lawmakers remain laser-focused on Chinese buyers, other nationals own much more agricultural property in the United States. Foreign investors by the end of 2019 held an interest in more than 35 million acres — an area bigger than New York State. The total has grown by an average 2.3 million acres per year since 2015, according to USDA data.

A few states, including top agricultural centers like Iowa and Minnesota, already have varying restrictions on foreign ownership of their farmland.
And it is not just foreign nationals we should be concerned about. Globalist elite billionaires, such as the covid vaccine pushing Bill Gates, are rapidly acquiring huge amounts of land also. In fact, Bill gates is the largest owner of farmland in America:

Bill Gates is reportedly the largest farmland owner in America

This all has a very nefarious odor to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 02:32 PM

42,678 posts, read 17,872,014 times
Bill Gates is the largest farmer in America.
We don't need to worry.

https://landreport.com/2021/01/bill-...armland-owner/

Old 07-21-2021, 02:48 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,389,509 times
I live an hour NW of Charlotte, have a decent home on 5 acres. After living here for 3 years, I set my sights on buying a good flat 20 acres or so, the going rate here WAS $5500 an acre. There has not been any thing available for about 18 months now, any major lot with farm potential is immediately purchased for cash, but never developed. I was wondering who was buying all this land and sitting on it.

It was like the movie Chinatown....the 5 largest transactions within 5 miles of me, including a 450 acre hilltop tract that sold for $3.5mil we're all bought by San Diego nursing home residents in their 80's for cash.

Old 07-21-2021, 02:49 PM

10,243 posts, read 6,782,402 times
Something really needs to be done.

Old 07-21-2021, 02:52 PM

35,522 posts, read 17,818,962 times
Why in the world would we sell our land to China? Renting it would be fine, but we need to maintain ownership of ALL our land.

Old 07-21-2021, 02:53 PM

42,678 posts, read 17,872,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I live an hour NW of Charlotte, have a decent home on 5 acres. After living here for 3 years, I set my sights on buying a good flat 20 acres or so, the going rate here WAS $5500 an acre. There has not been any thing available for about 18 months now, any major lot with farm potential is immediately purchased for cash, but never developed. I was wondering who was buying all this land and sitting on it.

It was like the movie Chinatown....the 5 largest transactions within 5 miles of me, including a 450 acre hilltop tract that sold for $3.5mil we're all bought by San Diego nursing home residents in their 80's for cash.
Farmland and ranch land have quietly been in big demand.

I had a 45 acre ranch in the middle of nowhere in Texas - College Station was 1 hour away. You always hear that rural property takes a long time to sell.
Well mine went for over the listed price within 30 days. It went so quick that it caught me off guard and I had no place to live and had to go to my brother's house til I found a rental.

This was early 2019. I was shocked that it went so quick.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:31 PM

23,841 posts, read 14,963,353 times
The Chinese are also buying ranch land in the Big Bend to build wind farms on. We will be buying our electricity from the Chinese.And I thought ERCOT was bad.
The Chinese are buying us up in bits and pieces. And have been for years.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:34 PM

1,173 posts, read 547,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why in the world would we sell our land to China? Renting it would be fine, but we need to maintain ownership of ALL our land.
Because somebody somewhere high on the throne is a traitor and wants more royalty. This will not end well. Figured we would have learned after Amazon , or at least COVID .

Old 07-21-2021, 07:42 PM

35,522 posts, read 17,818,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Because somebody somewhere high on the throne is a traitor and wants more royalty. This will not end well. Figured we would have learned after Amazon , or at least COVID .
I know this isn't recent, I've heard this for years, that other countries are buying our land, and our real estate and houses.

We should STOP THIS. People who are citizens of other countries should be able to rent as they please, but NOT to own.

American citizens should own ALL the private land in our country, and the US should own ALL the public lands.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:47 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,386,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I know this isn't recent, I've heard this for years, that other countries are buying our land, and our real estate and houses.

We should STOP THIS. People who are citizens of other countries should be able to rent as they please, but NOT to own.

American citizens should own ALL the private land in our country, and the US should own ALL the public lands.
Asian countries already do this. In China the state owns most of the land. In Japan I believe they mandate that only Japanese people can own land. I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to that but I think lawful permanent residents should definitely be included if such a restriction were made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies