Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 06:43 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Wow, Joe Biden's COVID-19 surge is really taking off like a rocket.

I took both doses of the vaccine myself but with this summer surge I wouldn't be surprised if I get COVID-19 during this surge under Kamala Harris and Joe Biden's watch. I did not get when COVID when President Trump was President.

Seems like now that Democrats have a monopoly on the country they are going to the Swedish herd immunity approach.

I notice that in California in many counties like Los Angeles they are at just more than 3 times the level of COVID-19 that they were locking things down under President Trump.

San Francisco has the 4th highest rate of COVID-19 transmission in America despite 75% vaccination rate.

Lexington, KY breakthrough cases go from less than 1 percent to 20 percent

https://covidactnow.org/?s=20821001

https://www.kentucky.com/news/corona...252876588.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is...ly-11625582964
Did read the article, this was just the results of this month. Vaccinated are still around 1% but go ahead take your chances and remain unvaccinated.

Quote:
Lexington has reported 236 cases, 32 hospitalizations and three deaths among vaccinated people. The city has reported 35,888 total cases, 2,111 hospitalizations and 325 deaths since the pandemic first hit the city in March 2020.

The percentage of fully-vaccinated residents getting infected is still very low, according to data from the health department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. About 55.9 percent of Lexington residents are fully-vaccinated and less than 1 percent of them have had a breakthrough case of COVID-19.

Lexington’s COVID-19 infections have jumped in recent days. The city’s rolling 7-day average was up to 38 cases as of Friday. It was as low as four less than two weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 06:51 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No, it does not follow at all that the definition of a word like "vaccine" needs to be rewritten for this. Rather what is needed is to either charcterize this therapy accurately using existing terminology, or introduce a new word that accurately describes these new therapies, without adulterating a perfectly good and broadly understood term like "vaccine" in a way that causes people to be mislead or confused.
This.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:02 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
What a bunch of manipulative, semantic bullcrap. Do you ever wonder why people trust you and others like you less than you think is appropriate? That kind of circular self affirming, misleadung rhetoric is definitely part of the reason why that is. You do it to yourselves.

Yes, we know that you people are determined to label these treatments as "vaccines," even to the extent of actually redefining the word in an unhelpful and misleading way to accomplish your objective. What a slimey and unhelpfully slippery thing to do.

This word does not need to be redefined. In fact, it needs to NOT be redefined. What these mRNA therapies do is something different than what an actual vaccine does - and no, that is not based on your unhelpful redefinition of the term.

It appears to me that there are already adequate terms to describe these treatments accurately without needing to hijack and transform a well established and readily understood term like "vaccine". But if you folks prefer, please do everyone a favor and introduce a new term for this new technology, and leave the term "vaccine" unmolested.
I and my wife didn't take the Moderna vaccine as a treatment. I don't know anyone who who took a Covid 19 vaccine as treatment. And I've read that they can be used for long Covid.

Show me where you get your information that the mRNA's are ONLY treatments and NOT vaccines, and I'll show you where you have been mislead, and probably why. And if I'm wrong I will thank you for the education!

Old 07-21-2021, 07:15 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I and my wife didn't take the Moderna vaccine as a treatment. I don't know anyone who who took a Covid 19 vaccine as treatment. And I've read that they can be used for long Covid.

Show me where you get your information that the mRNA's are ONLY treatments and NOT vaccines, and I'll show you where you have been mislead, and probably why. And if I'm wrong I will thank you for the education!
I think I have just about got your number. You constantly fall back on what is called an "appeal to authority," which is a type of logical fallacy. So your argument here basically reduces down to the word means whatever the people you recognize as authority figures say that it means.

You may have been a doctor for a long time, but you are not as smart as you clearly appear to think that you are. And your dependence on this sort of weak-minded "appeal to authority" tactic is an example of that.

You guys have done huge damage here with regards to this covid situation, and it appears that tab has not been totaled out by a long-shot. So that is what your "appeal to authority" represents to me. It is unjust that none of you are likely to be held accountable for the harm that you all have done, are doing and have yet to do.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:17 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,227 times
Quote:
Which means this inoculation is not actually a true "vaccine" in any traditional, recognizable sense of the word. This is another example of the abuse of words and language by the Dems and the usual suspects.

The immune system does not recognize a virus until it is inside the body aka infected.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Which means this inoculation is not actually a true "vaccine" in any traditional, recognizable sense of the word. This is another example of the abuse of words and language by the Dems and the usual suspects.

"In general, most vaccines do not completely prevent infection but do prevent the infection from spreading within the body and from causing disease"

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/vaccines/vaccines-faq

Old 07-21-2021, 07:26 PM

178 posts, read 161,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Of course you can still catch it.. What matters is are people dying/getting hospitalized in record numbers after being fully vaccinated? If not then who cares. They just caught the sniffles. They'll be fine in 2 weeks. Are we now making a big deal out of people catching a COLD?
Long COVID is not fun even if you avoid the hospital. Morbidity is easy to ignore by the unaffected.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:27 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
I think I have just about got your number. You constantly fall back on what is called an "appeal to authority," which is a type of logical fallacy. So your argument here basically reduces down to the word means whatever the people you recognize as authority figures say that it means.

You may have been a doctor for a long time, but you are not as smart as you clearly appear to think that you are. And your dependence on this sort of weak-minded "appeal to authority" tactic is an example of that.

You guys have done huge damage here with regards to this covid situation, and it appears that tab has not been totaled out by a long-shot. So that is what your "appeal to authority" represents to me. It is unjust that none of you are likely to be held accountable for the harm that you all have done, are doing and have yet to do.
Side track all you want. With no legitimate reference, you (and I) have no authority.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:

https://thehill.com/changing-america...-do-we-need-it

Old 07-21-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
That number was made up anyway.

Why do you post misinformation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies