Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2021, 10:41 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
all what 100 of them? while it's a tragedy for those families you can't stay hermedically sealed forever to avoid some absurdly tiny chance of something bad happening. People want to cherry pick anecdotes when it comes to covid to push their agenda. someone who is worried about their healthy child dying from covid should be worried about a lot of other things.

people are acting like they care about children totally ignoring all of them damage that has been caused to children since last march locking them down.
100 is more than we should have but it's actually a higher number than that. You obviously don't have kids nor do you care about them getting this. It's very hard for parents. They want their kids to go to school but they also want them to be safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 10:43 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
If only the vaccine could actually stop someone from catching and spreading covid.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
For a parent, one chance in a million of their child getting COVID and possibly dying is one too many.
Then the parent can order some hazmat suits.

For a human, sacrificing freedom to obtain security is no life at all.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:55 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Tell that to the parents who have lost kids under 12 because of covid. Covid seems to affect everyone differently. Some are in the hospital for months and have long term effects. Some have minor issues and survive it. What you should understand it that we have no idea why this virus affects some so severely and not others. And this goes for kids as well. We just don't know
Look at the breakdown from the CDC on deaths

5% died of covid only
95% had pre-existing conditions and also had covid
80% of that 90% were overweight/obese

you go ahead and draw conclusions as to why this virus has serious effects on some and not others.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:58 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Look at the breakdown from the CDC on deaths

5% died of covid only
95% had pre-existing conditions and also had covid
80% of that 90% were overweight/obese

you go ahead and draw conclusions as to why this virus has serious effects on some and not others.
I’m not drawing conclusions at all. None of us can.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:22 AM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
Not getting vaccinated is like playing Russian Roulette. Life is too short as it is to be gambling with your life.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:24 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The opinion of this one left wing poster sums up the opinion of leftists in general. If they could put us in camps and get away with it they would. This is who they are, once they have the constitution out of their way they will follow through on doing what they always wanted to do. Political concentration camps are going to be in America’s near future. This is what all leftist regimes do to suppress dissenting views.

The Rona has been used as a tool to attack capitalism, personal liberties and the constitution since it all started. The media is hyping up the big bad delta variant so they can have another round of draconian lockdowns. Within a month or two the northern US will be a masked lockdown zone yet again while the south will again stand in defiance to it all. The rona has been a wonderful gift to every leftist control loving, freedom hating individual.

All we can do is refuse to comply, refuse to legitimize what they are doing and if we are lucky enough to live in a red state pressure our state officials to resist the demands of these people to put coronavirus restrictions in place. Let’s ignore their drumbeat against freedom.

It's tough when you live in a Northern state though. This has always been worse in NY. MA. and CA. I didn't believe conspiracy theorists and considered myself liberal but watching freedoms lost on a daily basis has made me rethink what is being lost here and why.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:24 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Not getting vaccinated is like playing Russian Roulette. Life is too short as it is to be gambling with your life.
What a ridiculous analogy. Not even close. With a 6 chamber gun, your likelihood of dying in Russian Roulette is 1/6. In absolute terms, your likelihood of dying of covid is .018%.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
So all the unvaccinated kids, who are not approved for the vaccine are playing Russian roulette?

Liberals really need to stop it.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:03 AM

7,324 posts, read 3,513,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
It's tough when you live in a Northern state though. This has always been worse in NY. MA. and CA. I didn't believe conspiracy theorists and considered myself liberal but watching freedoms lost on a daily basis has made me rethink what is being lost here and why.
I remember back in the days of the Iraq war, many against all that it brought loved quoting "those who are willing to sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither" and yet here we are. In NJ where I live mask wearing is on the rise. I have even seen quite a few gloved individuals after a brief hiatus. It's these empty cans that are loudly rattling off the fear the lighted box tells them to fear which will put pressure on politicians to decide what is safe for us. Disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies