U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 07:25 AM

40,657 posts, read 22,183,633 times

Advertisements

Um... this is no bueno...

More Than 5,100 Breakthrough COVID Cases Reported in Mass.; at Least 80 Have Died

More than 5,100 Massachusetts residents have tested positive for COVID-19, despite being fully vaccinated against the virus, and at least 80 of them have died, state health officials said Tuesday night.

The latest update from the state Department of Public Health comes as coronavirus metrics continue to creep up in the Bay State while the more contagious Delta variant keeps spreading in the U.S.

The so-called breakthrough cases — where fully vaccinated individuals test positive for coronavirus — have so far been rare, but are possible. And should even be expected, per the CDC.

I'm sorry - while Mayor deBlasio, which eating and promoting the Shake Shack burger for the vaccine, say anything about expecting to get COVID after getting the vaccine?

Total malpractice on the part of the CDC. You want to speak of a situation to riot in DC - this would be it - because they sold this vaccine nationwide, and people trusted them with their lives.

--------------------

Chaser...

PRES. BIDEN: "You're not gonna get COVID if you have these vaccinations."

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...17801437073411

Last edited by DRob4JC; 07-22-2021 at 08:26 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 07:27 AM

23,768 posts, read 7,640,932 times
And the CDC still insists that catching covid after getting the shot is "rare" ????

Old 07-22-2021, 07:32 AM

41,478 posts, read 22,659,402 times
Where are the safteyniks to comment on the obvious lack of vaccine efficacy and documented harms?
you know the ones who make sure we have dead man switches on lawn mowers, seatbelt laws and childproof lids on everything?

Old 07-22-2021, 07:36 AM

"I think we have to be cautious but we have to keep it in perspective," said Michael Curry, the president and CEO of the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers.

Tufts Medical Center epidemiologist Dr. Shira Doron says since people have started rolling up their sleeves for COVID vaccines, the Boston hospital has only seen two patients hospitalized for COVID-19 in those who were fully vaccinated. Neither died.

"What hasn't changed is that the vaccine is preventing severe disease and death," Doron said.

Doron also acknowledged while people are getting nervous hearing about breakthrough cases, she really believes the focus right now needs to be on getting more people vaccinated here in Massachusetts and across the U.S.

I can't believe they are still pushing for the vaccine - for the China virus that was likely "leaked" out of a lab, with a 99% survival rate.

A few months after these shots and 80 dead in this one small state?

Wow... you can't make this up.

Do you know how many times I heard it suggested that we "do the research" and make up your mind... and then just go get vaccinated? How's that going right now?

70% by July 4th. That was the goal. Thankfully he failed.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:48 AM

12,382 posts, read 11,478,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Where are the safteyniks to comment on the obvious lack of vaccine efficacy and documented harms?
you know the ones who make sure we have dead man switches on lawn mowers, seatbelt laws and childproof lids on everything?
You posted this 7 minutes after the OP. How much response were you really expecting in that brief period of time.

For myself, I was taking a shower during that 7 minute period, sorry I was unable to drop everything to monitor a new thread to your satisfaction.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You posted this 7 minutes after the OP. How much response were you really expecting in that brief period of time.

For myself, I was taking a shower during that 7 minute period, sorry I was unable to drop everything to monitor a new thread to your satisfaction.
This has been trending in the last few days or so. This is just the worst report I have seen to this point.

But no worries - the CDC says that this is expected. All things are normal.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:52 AM

12,382 posts, read 11,478,382 times
Ok, lets do some numbers.

Massachusetts had a total of 375,000 in January 21, and the cumulative total is about 667,000 now.

So, an increase of about 290,000 cases since January. I chose January as the starting benchmark because that is when the vaccinations started to become available, although certainly in short supply.

So, since January about 285,000 unvaccinated people have caught covid (with a number dying), and only 5,000 vaccinated people have caught covid.

That sounds like a tremendously successful vaccine to me.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Ok, lets do some numbers.

Massachusetts had a total of 375,000 in January 21, and the cumulative total is about 667,000 now.

So, an increase of about 290,000 cases since January. I chose January as the starting benchmark because that is when the vaccinations started to become available, although certainly in short supply.

So, since January about 285,000 unvaccinated people have caught covid (with a number dying), and only 5,000 vaccinated people have caught covid.

That sounds like a tremendously successful vaccine to me.
Do you really think that after a few months - vaxxed people expected to acquire COVID and some die? Is that acceptable to you?

Old 07-22-2021, 07:58 AM

16,094 posts, read 5,911,535 times
Um -- I thought that the injections were supposed to make any possible COVID infections into only very mild cases??

I wonder if the official "story" -- and I purposely used the word "story" -- will now change. Somehow I doubt it.

P.S. Maybe Biden should be banished from Twitter for posting misinformation!

I also just noticed that this misinformation is also the subject of this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-goes-too.html

Old 07-22-2021, 07:59 AM

22,989 posts, read 20,928,694 times
The side effects of the vaccine are still worth the risk of NOT catching Covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies