Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 05:36 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Of course you won't show it. That's been the mantra of Trump and his lawyers since day one. You people have all this evidence but won't show it.
https://hereistheevidence.com/

1,687 ways to cheat.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:38 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
First of all I don’t think it’s anyone’s business and plus I don’t feel like wearing a dam mask(and plus they don’t work) while working. Personally i think this getting out of hand...were we wrong to lie?
You don't think someone has a right to know if someone working on THEIR PROPERTY is a potential or percieved health-risk?

I've said a million times, you have a right to vax or not vax. You have right to your privacy.

IMO, the correct response would have been: "That's private information and I'm not willing to disclose it. Would you like me to continue with the job or not?"

I support your right to just about anything, other than lying to someone else when it may endanger them. You have no idea what underlying conditions they 'might' have. And they have as much right to their own privacy as you do. All they can do is ask, and all you can do is either answer truthfully, or decline to answer (or lie, which I don't support).

Old 07-23-2021, 05:42 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,072,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Any liberal who supports Biden bringing in covid infected illegals into our home when they cross the border and judges the OP, they are a hypocrite.
Boy you've deflected to every right wing talking point throughout this topic which is the OP lying about his vaccination status, not "illegal" immigration. You should worry more about those good red states of Missouri, Texas and Florida who lead the nation in Covid cases due to low vaccination rates...

Old 07-23-2021, 05:44 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If it was important to the customer it should have been a condition of getting the work.

I don't let anybody into my house who has not had the vaccine. Until the vaccine was available to everyone, we had nothing done that required anybody body in the house. Except the HVAC guy who has been around for 4 units in 2 houses, maybe 20 years. We stayed outside while he was in the house. Wearing a good mask and distancing, staying no longer than 15 minutes.

You were wrong to lie. The customer should have asked before you showed up at their door.
I will add to my earlier post, that I agree with this. It should have been made a condition of hire. That does not forgive the incorrect response, but I have to agree that people who will require the vax as a condtion should state that up front. THEN you would have no reason to even waste your time on pursuing the business.

That is on them, but ultimately, you are only responsible for your own actions, and you should have either told them the truth, or refused to answer the question, and lived with the consequences. (I do understand your frustration with the question, and it could have been handled MUCH better by the customer.)

Old 07-23-2021, 05:44 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You were absolutely wrong to lie. You are entering someone's home. You don't know what their situation is. Maybe they are high risk, have comprised immune systems....whatever. Show some respect instead of thinking about yourself. The truth is always the right way to go. I edited my post to say, never teach your children that it's a good thing to lie. Integrity is something we should always teach our kids.
And they wonder why so many have unfavorable views of the typical Trump supporting anti-vaxxer. It's that kind of brazen disregard for other people that's shrinking their base. I would support bringing criminal charges against people like him who willingly put others at risk. What an example to give to your kid, eh?

Old 07-23-2021, 05:51 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
https://hereistheevidence.com/

1,687 ways to cheat.
LOL I ask for evidence and you post this??? Pure conjecture with nothing solid to back it up. The opinions of lunatics like that pillow salesman don't count. None of them can produce the evidence they speak of.

Ever wonder why over 60 courts and numerous Federal investigations turned up no evidence of widespread voter fraud? Because there is none! You need to come to terms with the fact that a majority of Americans are no longer buying what Trump and the Republican party are selling.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:54 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
First of all I don’t think it’s anyone’s business and plus I don’t feel like wearing a dam mask(and plus they don’t work) while working. Personally i think this getting out of hand...were we wrong to lie?
You must be so proud.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:54 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
LOL I ask for evidence and you post this??? Pure conjecture with nothing solid to back it up. The opinions of lunatics like that pillow salesman don't count. None of them can produce the evidence they speak of.

Ever wonder why over 60 courts and numerous Federal investigations turned up no evidence of widespread voter fraud? Because there is none! You need to come to terms with the fact that a majority of Americans are no longer buying what Trump and the Republican party are selling.
All backed up.. you lose.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:09 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,585,304 times
hey leftists, what if i'm not vaccinated and i go into a store/bar/club/restaurant or enclosed building where it is required for the unvaccinated to wear mask, but i'm not wearing a mask.

now what?

Old 07-23-2021, 06:13 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,144,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
hey leftists, what if i'm not vaccinated and i go into a store/bar/club/restaurant or enclosed building where it is required for the unvaccinated to wear mask, but i'm not wearing a mask.

now what?
Not a leftist, but may I ask what does that action do for you? Does it make you feel powerful that you tricked people? Do you get a rush of excitement that you beat the system and you have "freedom "?

Do you think you showed Biden who is boss? Hey I am sticking it to Fauci?

I swear some of these people act like 3 year olds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.