Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2021, 05:57 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I thought your opinion on this was irrelevant since you identify as a male.
Pretty weak attempt there. Feel free to try again.

Old 12-09-2021, 05:59 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You seem to think women give a flip about your silly state laws.

They dont and wont.

It is awesome to see a Strict Constitutionalist Court back.

Just as it should be.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:10 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
It is awesome to see a Strict Constitutionalist Court back.

Just as it should be.
If they overturn Roe they will go down in history as political hacks.

It is going to be interesting to watch whether or not they will uphold the tenets of American jurisprudence or undermine the integrity of the Supreme Court.

That is however secondary to women's essential liberties. We don't need a court to grant our liberty or tell us what it means.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:12 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,213,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You are entitled to your opinion.

If you dont support women having freedom to control their own destiny by controlling their reproductive rights then your beliefs about the essential liberties of others is suspect to me.

Misogony which imo underlies much of the anti-abortion movement is usually closely associated with racism.

Are there exceptions.......sure. But, not enough to matter imo.
If you read all my posts in this thread and on other threads regarding abortion, and even noted in the post you quoted, I completely support choice. I have marched in support of it, and have long considered it one of my top issues in voting.

However, that does not blind me to the fact that the Roe decision - from a purely legal reasoning standpoint - is not the strongest of opinions. I'm simply separating my opinions regarding abortion itself and the integrity of the legal reasoning in the Roe decision.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:16 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post

However, that does not blind me to the fact that the Roe decision - from a purely legal reasoning standpoint - is not the strongest of opinions. I'm simply separating my opinions regarding abortion itself and the integrity of the legal reasoning in the Roe decision.

That is putting it kindly. Roe has been low-hanging fruit a long time as any connection to the Constitution and it was simply fiction.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
If you read all my posts in this thread and on other threads regarding abortion, and even noted in the post you quoted, I completely support choice. I have marched in support of it, and have long considered it one of my top issues in voting.

The "you" in my post was not directed at you specifically. It was a general you.

I am aware of the various legal reasonings.

The Supremes in various cases have stumbled in spelling things out as clearly as they could. That does not negate what they instinctively knew..........that a woman's control of her own reproduction is an essential liberty. The fact that that liberty sometimes involves the taking of another life is a difficult concept even for judges.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:

That is putting it kindly. Roe has been low-hanging fruit a long time as any connection to the Constitution and it was simply fiction.
Essential liberty is not a fictitious connection to the Constitution.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Should any state be allowed to tell you how many children you can father?

Old 12-09-2021, 06:44 PM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Rights are only valid if you have the power to maintain them. We see clearly that women are not strong enough to hold on to a right that they want. Civil rights will be next.
It has nothing to do with will or strength, when you have an activist courts that wants to remove rights especially when ruled unanimously by conservative males it's an uphill climb.

Old 12-09-2021, 10:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. One-issue voters have already weighed in. Abortion just isn't a big deal with the vast majority of voters. And don't forget that of that 6% of single issue abortion voters, some are pro and some are anti.
That's right. Most people rightfully regard abortion as a personal issue that is none of their business. Only few people agonize over the sex lives of other people that they may not even know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies