Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2021, 07:57 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
But seriously, it's actually quite gross ... see what happens is, the rooster fertilized the egg; a baby chick begins developing, but the egg gets removed from under the hen laying it, too soon. So what you get when you crack the egg open, is a dead chick in the skillet, rather than the yoke of an egg that's expected. (you laugh, because you're not seeing it and it's never happened to you)

When a woman passes her egg and the man fertilizes it a baby begins to form, just like that of the baby chick ... for you to not see it as a person idk what to tell you, but that this is 2021, we all should know better by now. If not, there is something seriously wrong.

People have been evolving on this planet for 4000 years and it seems we are no less barbaric (or educated) now than we were in the beginning. Even with the medical technology that we have today; sonograms able to peer inside a woman's womb and see the humanity inside her and still we insist it isn't a person. Who does that? and Why?

It's not that the child doesn't deserve a life, but because, if the unborn are ever granted 14th Amendment rights, no woman would be safe from incarceration during the term of her pregnancy. She would stand accused whether true or not of endangering the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of the child, because people are just mean that way.

So they gave the woman a choice, so that she would have a life. What she does with that choice is up to her, but if she is making that choice because she believes the life inside her is not a person --- then we are no better off today than were were 4000 years ago. And we deserve what ever ill fate would deal to us, for being ignorant.

1.79 fertility rate --- 2.4 globally and falling. One good disease would wipe us all off the face of this earth and it will be because of our own doing. And it's just as well since we can't do better and our government(s) can't create an economic sound and viable situation where decisions like killing the unborn, doesn't have to be made.

To be honest and quite frank --- those that were aborted, even if in pain, their pain has ended and ours continues on ... from cradle to grave we are made slave to a system that doesn't give a rats butt about us. Yet, we fight (each other) as if it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Women know what pregnancy is. They understand they carry a developing human. At the point of most abortions it is absolutely unable to survive to maturity without the uterus. A pregnancy is potential life until the development is such it is born and starts living outside the womb. A fully thinking, living woman’s wants, trump all else. If she wants to remain pregnant she will. Likewise she can abort. She is free to refer to and think of her pregnancy as she chooses.

Balut eggs are eaten when the chick is quiet developed.
My reasoning was addressing basic biology ... in at what point is the egg no longer an egg but a life. Where as the chick is protein for someone or something to eat --- so are we.
Quote:
A pregnancy is potential life
And discarding it is also discarding our potential for a future. Which takes us right back to being ignorant with whatever ill fate would have for us.
Quote:
She is free to refer to and think of her pregnancy as she chooses.
And if she has been lied to ... ? It is basic biology; knowing more than we did 4000 years ago, yet pretending that we don't is only advantageous for someone with an agenda. For example the market in science and fetal tissue, that without availability of more that market would die out and those that stand to make money would go broke.

The law does not allow for us to protect (Constitutionally) the unborn and the woman covered as in my points above --- it is a choice laid at the feet of women. Just as the slave (potential) was considered property, so is the (potential for life) fetus of the woman.

If the unborn were given full protections under the law, the woman would not be able to so much as have a glass of wine during her pregnancy without the risk of incarceration for endangering the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of the life living within her. The flip side, without full Constitutional protections the woman is hard pressed to bring criminal charges up on anyone who assaulted her with the end result, the loss of the pregnancy. They can be charged with her assault but not the assault on the unborn child within her. (in biblical times it was a life for a life; we digress)

How we can be so smart and so stupid at the same time, is beyond me, but it is what it is.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:01 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Your posts have shown:

Your posts don't care if women use BC
Your posts don't care if women have abortions
Your posts don't care if women are irresponsible

I can't figure out why you're posting in this thread if you truly don't care?

Your posts only care about killing babies. Your posts promote the idea that women can happily kill their babies, just for funsies. Which is the very definition of inhumane. I guess that's the reason.
Not my business is different than not caring. Just ignoring the last paragraph where I answered your absurd notions on the lists of I don’t cares?

Old 12-17-2021, 08:02 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The point is that abortion is legal. You may not like it; you may think it is wrong, but it is legal. Women who have abortions and their doctors are not sent to jail for homicide. Fetal homicide laws address a different situation. There are 2 vociferous posters on this thread who keep trying to conflate the two. LEGALLY SPEAKING, they are different.
BIOLOGICALLY speaking:

Is the baby any less dead depending on the law?

Old 12-17-2021, 08:03 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The point is that abortion is legal. You may not like it; you may think it is wrong, but it is legal. Women who have abortions and their doctors are not sent to jail for homicide. Fetal homicide laws address a different situation. There are 2 vociferous posters on this thread who keep trying to conflate the two. LEGALLY SPEAKING, they are different.
Yes, I will admit that legally speaking they have been afforded different status. But that’s why people like me are paying such close attention to this Mississippi case, which very well may afford states the right to legally treat the two as more of the same. Let’s be clear here: while some states will continue to keep this disingenuous legal difference, other states will not. For those states that will not, the only thing keeping them from acting today is Supreme Court precedent that has no basis in the actual text of the Constitution.

Regardless of whether some states choose to allow abortion to remain legal does not change the reality that they are allowing the intentional killing of an innocent human life form to be perfectly acceptable. This point is what concerns me and others. It is mind boggling to me that some seem to make light of these concerns (not talking about you specifically) and pretend that they cannot understand where people like me are coming from.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Not my business is different than not caring. Just ignoring the last paragraph where I answered your absurd notions on the lists of I don’t cares?
Where do your posts show care?

Would you try to talk a teen out of having unprotected sex with a guy who already had kids with multiple other women?

Do you CARE about what she is doing, as a person?

Or would you sit on your hands and say, meh, not my decision. If she gets AIDS, if she gets pregnant, if he destroy her heart, meh, not my business.

Do you CARE? At ALL?

Old 12-17-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You say its no ones business to tell others how to live their lives...but we have laws Prostitution and drugs...whats the difference with those? If I want to sell my body to strangers for money, what right does anyone have telling me not to?

Same thing with drug use...As long as Im not harming anyone else...

Strangely, lawmakers take Christianity/religion into consideration in regards to laws on drugs and prostitution...but NOT with abortion. LOL Go figure!
Ive said it’s no one’s business if a woman aborts or gives birth but her. I’ve never discussed drugs or prostitution in this thread other than to say drug addicts and prostitutes don’t make for great parents.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Where do your posts show care?

Would you try to talk a teen out of having unprotected sex with a guy who already had kids with multiple other women?

Do you CARE about what she is doing, as a person?

Or would you sit on your hands and say, meh, not my decision. If she gets AIDS, if she gets pregnant, if he destroy her heart, meh, not my business.

Do you CARE? At ALL?
Again asking questions you already know the answers to. My daughter was a teenager as were her friends at one time. I did and still would tell them sex at that age with anyone isn’t advised. Nor is it advised unprotected. You want me to into the classroom and preach it, or stop kids on the streets? Do you actively educate you g people on sexual matters? If not why should I? You twist statement to the outlandish and still never suggests solutions to the realities of life that make abortions happen. How do you suggest making people have “responsible “ sex. How to keep an unwilling woman pregnant when she doesn’t want to be? The questions and more have been posed to you numerous times.

You are the one the that doesn’t care about unwanted children. Or is it just none of your business what happens to these unwanted children and the woman forced to give birth to them? Don’t care about the realities of life and their impacts? Turn a blind eye?

Old 12-17-2021, 08:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Ive said it’s no one’s business if a woman aborts or gives birth but her. I’ve never discussed drugs or prostitution in this thread other than to say drug addicts and prostitutes don’t make for great parents.
Im single with no kids, what business is it of anyone to tell me I cannot sell my body to strangers for sex?

Old 12-17-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Again asking questions you already know the answers to. My daughter was a teenager as were her friends at one time. I did and still would tell them sex at that age with anyone isn’t advised. Nor is it advised unprotected. You want me to into the classroom and preach it, or stop kids on the streets? Do you actively educate you g people on sexual matters? If not why should I? You twist statement to the outlandish and still never suggests solutions to the realities of life that make abortions happen. How do you suggest making people have “responsible “ sex. How to keep an unwilling woman pregnant when she doesn’t want to be? The questions and more have been posed to you numerous times.

You are the one the that doesn’t care about unwanted children. Or is it just none of your business what happens to these unwanted children and the woman forced to give birth to them? Don’t care about the realities of life and their impacts? Turn a blind eye?
You realize your posts have stated over and over and over and over it is none of your business to tell anyone what to do, ever.

Now you are stating that you would advise teens to use BC. Why wouldn't you advise ALL women to use BC?

Is the advice somehow bad if given as a blanket statement?

Bolded is absolute b-llsh-t. I've never posted anything that has led you to that completely WRONG opinion. While you have posted multitudes of "not my place" "not my business" "women can do whatever they want" posts relentlessly, leading to my opinion about whether or not you actually care about women.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im single with no kids, what business is it of anyone to tell me I cannot sell my body to strangers for sex?
My statement was about hookers not being great parents not if they can or can’t be hookers. A willing adult woman can sell her body if she likes. The problem arise when they are forced to perform sex or trafficked. Legal brothels is probably the safest way for a woman who’s wants the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies