Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2021, 09:01 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You realize your posts have stated over and over and over and over it is none of your business to tell anyone what to do, ever.

Now you are stating that you would advise teens to use BC. Why wouldn't you advise ALL women to use BC?

Is the advice somehow bad if given as a blanket statement?

Bolded is absolute b-llsh-t. I've never posted anything that has led you to that completely WRONG opinion. While you have posted multitudes of "not my place" "not my business" "women can do whatever they want" posts relentlessly, leading to my opinion about whether or not you actually care about women.
Assumption and the inability to not twist words. When was the last time someone asked you personally what they should do regarding birth control. I for one haven’t been asked that question by anyone for decades, you? I’ve already stayed all women should use bc, that includes teens. You have a convenient memory loss when you want to throw crap on the wall hoping it will stick. Why don’t t you answer the questions posed to you by many. Your solutions to the realities of why women abort. The lives of unwanted kids born, and the solutions to a better life for them must not be very important to you if you can’t bother with a suggestion when asked so many times. You just turn a blind eye and call for forced birthing.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:38 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
I truly loathe this issue and I rarely post in threads on it. I've posted in this one more than I have any other on the subject for a very long time. I'm still not going to comment to any extent on my position with it but I can't help but notice something. If the number of posts is any indicator this particular issue is THE most contentious one there is. Folks are more willing to argue about it than any other. Sheesh of all others combined.

The points made are pretty much extremely repetitive and both sides just love to throw out graphic and disgusting rhetoric and imagery. Seems to me on this single issue an honest to God war could be fought. A real shooting war. I've seen stickys that were nowhere close to this much commentary. And it's always the same whenever a Roe v Wade thread gets put up .It either runs forever or the mods close it because it gets to heated.

Some years back I got into a very heated exchange with another poster and they got plumb nasty. Gross, disgusting, disturbing nasty. That was the last time I opened up about my personal feelings on this issue. There's no middle ground. It's total war or nothing. You think you're being reasonable and rational but there just ain't no way to do dat.

Whatever SCOTUS decides it's gonna be a rowdy dow.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:01 AM

88,942 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Gleefully own your own inhumanity. See above. You and others who think like you don’t care about women you want them in lock step with your thinking. Asking far fetched questions like can I kill people who bother me it’s the same as abortion is fruitless. You really think that will change minds. You don’t have to like it. Women can abort, it’s not your business.
How is it "lock step" to expect people to NOT kill others?

Old 12-17-2021, 11:03 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,932,514 times
Quote:
Assumption and the inability to not twist words. When was the last time someone asked you personally what they should do regarding birth control. I for one haven’t been asked that question by anyone for decades, you? I’ve already stayed all women should use bc, that includes teens. You have a convenient memory loss when you want to throw crap on the wall hoping it will stick. Why don’t t you answer the questions posed to you by many. Your solutions to the realities of why women abort. The lives of unwanted kids born, and the solutions to a better life for them must not be very important to you if you can’t bother with a suggestion when asked so many times. You just turn a blind eye and call for forced birthing.
The reason I don't discuss what happens after children is born is very simple. Until the issue of responsibility for GETTING and USING birth control is ACKNOWLEDGED and CHAMPIONED among abortion advocates, there is no discussion to be had about children.

I don't see posts of birth control being championed. But a ton of pro abortions, need abortion, must have abortion posts. Yep. But not a lot about birth control. Which I bring up in every single post. BC + responsibility. over and over, I have brought those up.

On deaf ears.

You claim "it's not my business/not my place" regarding birth control because they can choose to do what they want which is get an ABORTION.

Which is a completely preventable situation. If a woman gets and uses birth control.

Responsibility.

But it's "not my place/not my business" because ... abortion. And that's "not my business" either.

How you cannot see that your positions are detrimental to women are beyond me. You are literally supporting transmission of STDs, pregnancy and abortion all at the same time.

Since none of it is "your business."

Old 12-17-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No, it just shows how disingenuous abortionists are. The “distinction” is one without any meaningful difference as the outcome is the same.
100% correct. The result of BOTH fetal homicide and abortion are the EXACT same: a dead human.
Quote:
If anything, the intent in the abortion case is all the more odious as it is a specifically targeted killing of a fetus, whereas that’s not always the case for fetal homicide cases. That states try to treat them as different—the intentional killing of the unborn ok in one circumstance but not ok in the other (and fetal homicide laws are expansive and not just in conservative states)—does not help your point when you sit back and think about it.
100% agree, but don't expect the pro-abortion posters in this thread who have already exposed themselves as inhumane to understand that. It's why killing in the inner-cities is no big deal. There's NO value whatsoever attached to human lives among any of them.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You say its no ones business to tell others how to live their lives...but we have laws Prostitution and drugs...whats the difference with those? If I want to sell my body to strangers for money, what right does anyone have telling me not to?
Not only that, we have state and local COVID vaccine mandates now. People are getting FIRED from their jobs over the mandates. DON'T tell us that what people choose to do with their own bodies and/or how they choose to live their lives is no one else's business. That all went out the window with COVID mask and vaccine mandates.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:23 AM

8,106 posts, read 3,658,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not only that, we have state and local COVID vaccine mandates now. People are getting FIRED from their jobs over the mandates. DON'T tell us that what people choose to do with their own bodies and/or how they choose to live their lives is no one else's business. That all went out the window with COVID mask and vaccine mandates.

What's R0 of abortion?

Old 12-17-2021, 11:26 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,510,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im single with no kids, what business is it of anyone to tell me I cannot sell my body to strangers for sex?
Because apparently it’s bad for society. Chopping up unborn babies like the Roto Rooter man is not though.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,932,514 times
Quote:
I'm going to put you on ignore so as to avoid any more back and forth.

But I will leave you with this.

Stillwater and I have scuffled quite a bit in these threads. I know you have seen the back and forth. I fully believe that she cares about women, regardless of the difference of opinions that we have. I can 'hear' it in her posts. Again, regardless of the differences of opinion, I do 100% believe that she cares.

Your posts don't come across that way. At all. Maybe you do care, maybe you care a ton. However your posts -- the words you choose and how you use them -- don't show that.

Take that feedback with a grain a salt if it matters to you. Bye.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:45 AM

15,397 posts, read 7,454,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Your posts have shown:

Your posts don't care if women use BC
Your posts don't care if women have abortions
Your posts don't care if women are irresponsible

I can't figure out why you're posting in this thread if you truly don't care?

Your posts only care about killing babies. Your posts promote the idea that women can happily kill their babies, just for funsies. Which is the very definition of inhumane. I guess that's the reason.
I've not seen any posts like you claim, nor do I promote the idea that women can happily kill their babies just for fun. It is sad when a woman chooses abortion, it's a difficult decision, and I would be happy if no woman ever had to make that decision. However, I do not know what the situation is when a woman chooses to have an abortion, and it is never, ever, any of my business whether she does or why she does. On the other side, none of the anti-abortionists can ever know why a woman makes that decision, nor should they as, again, it's none of their business.

Do you really think woman "happily kill their babies". That's ludicrous and weak thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.