Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2021, 08:40 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
So you don’t want it illegal to use bc incorrectly but want abortion made illegal? Any exceptions for rape or incest?
Sure, and exceptions for risk to the health/life of the mother or health of the child. All of those combined comprise less than 2% of all abortions. Over 98% of abortions are performed solely for the sake of convenience.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Have you not seen the numbers on real life birth control effectiveness? It's about 90%.
The CDC's statistics are that 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to failure to use any birth control at all (54%), or using it incorrectly/inconsistently (41%) such as forgetting to take one or more daily pills during a cycle.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
So, your answer is you want 700,000 unwanted children born each year.
No, my answer is that people will be more responsible in controlling their fertility if they have to live with the consequences of failing to do so. Much like being sent to prison for 15 years or so for killing another while driving drunk is a deterrent for those who would otherwise nonchalantly drive while drunk if there were no consequence for doing so.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:53 AM

8,114 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Illegal to kill a child that results from such. Just like it's illegal to kill another while driving drunk, a point you've already made.
False analogy. As usual.

Old 12-18-2021, 09:04 AM

62,870 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
No, my answer is that people will be more responsible in controlling their fertility if they have to live with the consequences of failing to do so. Much like being sent to prison for 15 years or so for killing another while driving drunk is a deterrent for those who would otherwise nonchalantly drive while drunk if there were no consequence for doing so.
These pro-abortionists continue to make strawman arguments instead of just admitting that the answer to unwanted pregnancies is using birth control and using it properly which is effective 95% of the time. They continue to bring up the 5% instead. Yet they still want abortions for any woman who wants one regardless of the circumstances.

My take on this is that they just want wild, spontaneous sex and to hell with even thinking about birth control. Promiscuity is what they want without any thought of the consequences. It's sexual deprivation, IMO. Men can be just as bad but at least they can't get pregnant so the responsibility should be on the woman to make sure that she and/or her partner are protected.

Old 12-18-2021, 09:07 AM

62,870 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
I didn't say you were. But you DID inadvertently expose the ludicrousness and total depravity of the pro-abortion contingent's position.

You make it illegal to kill an unborn child solely for the sake of convenience just as it's illegal to kill another while driving drunk. Will it stop abortions solely for the sake of convenience from happening? No. Will it make people think twice about their current nonchalant disregard of being acting responsibly in controlling their own fertility if they don't want a child? Yes.

And what makes you think schools don't teach sex ed? Hell, schools even give out free condoms, etc. Abortion rates are highest in blue cities and states, those which are the most likely to teach sex ed. It would seem lack of sex ed isn't the problem. The problem is lack of personal responsibility, which as the map in the link below shows, is worse in blue states.

Abortion Rates By State
Exactly, this isn't like decades ago where sex and pregnancy were sort of a taboo subject to talk about. In these modern times sex education is everywhere. Kids know how babies are born before they reach their teens.

Old 12-18-2021, 10:20 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
These pro-abortionists continue to make strawman arguments instead of just admitting that the answer to unwanted pregnancies is using birth control and using it properly which is effective 95% of the time. They continue to bring up the 5% instead. Yet they still want abortions for any woman who wants one regardless of the circumstances.

My take on this is that they just want wild, spontaneous sex and to hell with even thinking about birth control. Promiscuity is what they want without any thought of the consequences. It's sexual deprivation, IMO. Men can be just as bad but at least they can't get pregnant so the responsibility should be on the woman to make sure that she and/or her partner are protected.
Pro choice people do know and acknowledge all sexually active people should be using birth control. No one has said any different. With that agreed on the question is, how to encourage the irresponsible to be responsible. Not turn a blind eye to the circumstances of why abort.

Men are as responsible for pregnancy as a woman. He doesn’t get off the hook for his own failure to use birth control just because he isn’t the one who carries the baby. Now days couples announce, “we’re pregnant”. Does that not apply to all fathers of a developing pregnancy?

Old 12-18-2021, 10:34 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Men are as responsible for pregnancy as a woman. He doesn’t get off the hook for his own failure to use birth control just because he isn’t the one who carries the baby. Now days couples announce, “we’re pregnant”. Does that not apply to all fathers of a developing pregnancy?
Men have no choice to have it or abort it. The woman has the full decision here and the men have to pay for years based on the decision of a woman. So is not the same thing, isn't? So the state made it that way, so the woman wanted the ultimate control and final say, so they should get the responsibility.

If I decide who enters my body and to abort or not, then that should be my responsibility overall. That's like a boss making his workers under him responsible for his decision only. How is that "equal" responsibility? is not.

Old 12-18-2021, 10:47 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Why would you cut out welfare? Do you really hate the poor so much that you want them living on the streets and their children begging? Something like 80% of people on welfare have jobs, but the jobs don't pay enough to keep a family fed and housed.

Where do you get the idea that anyone wants more abortions.? That's as bad as saying the forced birthers want children to starve and beg on the streets. Illegal aliens are not eligible for benefits. Their citizen children may be eligible.

Jesus, I was being sarcastic and it went over your head also. I guess being on welfare excuses you of your responsibilities and We should subsidies it for life.You should read more posts and write less. I will post this the 3rd time. Then it will answer your own questions

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...h=79bfeeb06a4b

You say illegal aliens are not eligible for benefits is the most clueless thing I heard about the topic. Free education, free healthcare, public services they use and and protections given in sanctuary cities are not benefits? You think the government gives the cash to the kids to spend or their parents to manage? Who pays for that? It falls out of the sky? This is another topic, I just had to clarify something so out there wrong.

Old 12-18-2021, 11:32 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Men have no choice to have it or abort it. The woman has the full decision here and the men have to pay for years based on the decision of a woman. So is not the same thing, isn't? So the state made it that way, so the woman wanted the ultimate control and final say, so they should get the responsibility.

If I decide who enters my body and to abort or not, then that should be my responsibility overall. That's like a boss making his workers under him responsible for his decision only. How is that "equal" responsibility? is not.
Yes men have choice. Like women they can protect themselves from the get go. Biology isn’t an excuse to not take responsibility for your sperm. Like they tell women, know who you sleep with if you don’t want your baby aborted or if you don’t want to parent or pay child support. Using biology as the marker of responsibility it’s even more important for men to protect their future potential children from harm, or if they are of a different mind, to not conceive them at all.

We’ve been reminded time and time again on this thread millions of women use birth control successfully who don’t want children. The same can be said of responsible men. Millions of men never impregnate a woman unless they want a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies