Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2021, 04:34 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I hate intentionally irresponsible behavior that results in the death of a baby.

And that's a rational emotion to have.

Don't you agree?
Like anti-vaxxers whose babies die from illnesses that we have all but eradicated, because of their parents' religious beliefs? Because you're talking about death of a baby. Then I wholeheartedly agree - punish these evil doers to the full extent of the law:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Stephan

Old 12-20-2021, 04:34 PM

15,431 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
What is the failure rate of 2 types of BC?

1 BC (pick any one) + condom.

Nearly 0%. It's not that hard not to get pregnant.

And ultimately it's all up to the women. She can kick a man to the curb if he doesn't respect her enough to wear a condom. And she should.

If more women did this, what do think would happen to men's behavior? Immediate change.

But but but... BC is just so difficult, foot stamping. And abortion is so easy to get.
In real life, where not everyone is perfect every time, condoms and the pill are about 90% effective. Why do you keep shaming women who make a mistake?

I can see the forced birthers haranguing a woman seeking an abortion "You are a harlot! You should be punished severely! Keep your legs together, ****". Actually, I've seen that happen outside abortion clinics.

Old 12-20-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I'm also a woman.

Defending irresponsible behavior by using the "women are idiots" argument is mind boggling.
I have never used the women are idiots argument. That's something you forced birthers bring up because you ignore the reality that people make mistakes, that condoms fail, that the pill doesn't always work as expected, and a myriad of other factors that impact the effectiveness of birth control. Rather than support a woman in a difficult situation, you victim blame, and want to punish her by forcing her to bear an unwanted child that may endanger her health or her economic well being.

Old 12-20-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I hate intentionally irresponsible behavior that results in the death of a baby.

And that's a rational emotion to have.

Don't you agree?
No, I don't. It's none of your business whether a woman chooses to have an abortion, and I do not believe the majority of women who have an abortion were intentionally irresponsible.

Old 12-20-2021, 04:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why is there such a HUGE cognitive dissonance thing going on with women who don't want to get pregnant? For whatever reason, and as a woman myself I really don't get it... 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to not even using any birth control at all or using it wrong. 95%. WHEN are women going to get the fact that they're doing it wrong, thereby necessitating the totally unnecessary and barbaric killing of another's human life?
Since you don't get it, you might as well advocate making it a crime for a woman to have an unwanted pregnancy after failing to use birth control. The father might as well be subject to the crime to be fair.

Old 12-20-2021, 07:07 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I have never used the women are idiots argument. That's something you forced birthers bring up because you ignore the reality that people make mistakes, that condoms fail, that the pill doesn't always work as expected, and a myriad of other factors that impact the effectiveness of birth control. Rather than support a woman in a difficult situation, you victim blame, and want to punish her by forcing her to bear an unwanted child that may endanger her health or her economic well being.
Every time you state that women shouldn't bee bothered with using birth control consistently and correctly you ARE making the 'women are idiots" argument.

If she does not want to be pregnant, don't you think the responsible thing to do would be to use 2 methods of birth control? Why wouldn't she use 2 forms? Is she trying to get pregnant or not?

Cue another rant post ...

Are are you going to flail about in anger, and screech and insult me in 14 more hostile, hangry posts???

[shrug] rant away

Old 12-20-2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Since you don't get it, you might as well advocate making it a crime for a woman to have an unwanted pregnancy after failing to use birth control. The father might as well be subject to the crime to be fair.
Your constant harping on making abortion an actual crime has FINALLY convinced me it's a good idea.

I thought it was crazy and stupid when you first suggested it, but after reading 100 of your posts harping about it, I'd be onboard.

Let me know when you convince others that it's a good idea.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Every time you state that women shouldn't bee bothered with using birth control consistently and correctly you ARE making the 'women are idiots" argument.

If she does not want to be pregnant, don't you think the responsible thing to do would be to use 2 methods of birth control? Why wouldn't she use 2 forms? Is she trying to get pregnant or not?

Cue another rant post ...

Are are you going to flail about in anger, and screech and insult me in 14 more hostile, hangry posts???

[shrug] rant away
You have no clue what other women do. You assume they intentionally misuse birth control, which is a horrific form of victim shaming. You make asinine statements like "she should use 2 forms of birth control". Maybe they do, maybe they don't. In the end, it's none of your business whether a woman has an abortion.

You also ignore the fact that half of the women getting abortions live below the Federal poverty line, and have a much harder time getting and being instructed on how to use birth control. Now, Informed Consent will chime in here about the 4,000 Title X family planning clinics, conveniently forgetting that a large portion of poor women live nowhere near one of those clinics, and have no way to get to one.

What would you tell a woman who is poor and already has 3 or 4 or 5 kids and can't afford another one?

Old 12-20-2021, 10:48 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. As I've said, I'm a woman and I don't get WHY 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to not even using any birth control at all or using it wrong. 95%. Perhaps you can explain WHY women are so deliberately irresponsible with their own physical well-being...
Maybe these horny men need to have control over their body part

Old 12-21-2021, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You have no clue what other women do. You assume they intentionally misuse birth control, which is a horrific form of victim shaming. You make asinine statements like "she should use 2 forms of birth control". Maybe they do, maybe they don't. In the end, it's none of your business whether a woman has an abortion.

You also ignore the fact that half of the women getting abortions live below the Federal poverty line, and have a much harder time getting and being instructed on how to use birth control. Now, Informed Consent will chime in here about the 4,000 Title X family planning clinics, conveniently forgetting that a large portion of poor women live nowhere near one of those clinics, and have no way to get to one.

What would you tell a woman who is poor and already has 3 or 4 or 5 kids and can't afford another one?
Why are you against birth control?

Do you think women are too stupid to use it?

And as far as cost, birth control is cheaper than an abortion. Which is the smarter financial move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies