Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 08:09 PM

62,439 posts, read 28,688,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
How should I know why an irresponsible woman doesn't use birth control to avoid going through an abortion? I just know it happens because obviously they are showing up for abortions. They are being irresponsible. How do you think you can change that in other people?

BTW, the reason I listed hemorrhoids and other problems women suffer from pregnancy and childbirth was to educate you, as you seemed to think childbirth was no problem at all for women.
I said my wife and I have three kids but you think I need an education about pregnancy and childbirth? As I also said, those problems are minor and can be fixed and many if not most women do not suffer any after effects from pregnancy and childbirth so why even bring them up except to make another excuse to kill the unborn.

Again, to change their promiscuous, irresponsible behavior is to outlaw abortion. They'll think twice about not using birth control then.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:36 PM

15,155 posts, read 7,179,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, to change their promiscuous, irresponsible behavior is to outlaw abortion. They'll think twice about not using birth control then.
That didn't seem to work in the past. Women got pregnant and had abortions legal, or not. Or tossed the baby in the trash, or in the river.

What makes you think that outlawing abortion is going to make a woman who is ready for sex tell herself "I can't get an abortion, I guess I better stop"? That's ignoring human nature.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,497,798 times
Quote:
I don't recall making any humor in my post just posting the facts of which you pro-abortionists don't seem to like.
Please tell us just who are the pro-abortionists, other than the pregnant women who want abortions along with doctors and others who want to help them to that end?

Old 12-23-2021, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You've convinced me with your 100+ posts promoting it. You have yourself to thank for that. Good on you. I wouldn't say I'm passionate about it though, that's on you, who has posted, like 100+ posts across every abortion thread in CD.

You've probably changed other people's minds as well. You're a better advocate for pro life than for abortion.

Go figure.

And, yes there are posters who are perfectly OK with late term abortions. See above.
At least I've been candid about how I feel about how far limits to legal abortion should go to at the restrictive, which is 12 months. The majority of abortions are done by the 12th months, so don't see how I'm more pro-life than pro-choice.

Interesting how at or near 100% pro-life people are too reluctant to say if they feel women who get abortions should be charged with murder, and if guilty must be subject to a prison sentence, along with the doctor and other people involved.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. If men don't need abortions, neither do women.
What an absurd point!

Old 12-23-2021, 12:26 AM

Quote:

You're so wrong, it's pitiful. So please stop being so pitifully naive. Women can conduct their own abortions by using abortion inducing drugs. It's better to use the morning after pill, but I suppose you and others on here who want abortion banned are strongly opposed to that, too, since it stops the fertilized egg from ultimately becoming a baby.

Seriously, Oldglory, just why in the heck do you think it's far better for society to have illegal abortions than legal ones? With the abortion rate going down, I don't consider legal abortions to be a serious problem for society. Banning abortion won't make it go down. And losing track of how many abortions are going on every year by banning them does absolutely nothing to help society. If it's so great for society to ban abortion, then name a country where you would love to live because abortion is banned there.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:48 AM

8,016 posts, read 3,583,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. If men don't need abortions, neither do women.
Is there a most idiotic post competition?

Old 12-23-2021, 08:02 AM

88,603 posts, read 44,302,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Men don't need hysterectomies either.
A hysterectomy doesn't kill a separate human life.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The notion of killing a child that is not at the embryo or fetal stage is ridiculous, and is not the same at all. Why do you conflate killing a 6 year old with an abortion?
Fetal homicide laws have already done so.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I am not defending women who are lax about using birth control.
Yes, you are.

95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to the failure to use any birth control at all (54%), or using it incorrectly/inconsistently (41%), such as forgetting to take one or more daily pills during a cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.