Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2021, 09:35 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Being irresponsible is normal behavior now? I didn't say that people have to use two forms of BC prior to sex although it would give added protection. I said, that women should be on birth control if they know they are going to be sexually active soon or in the future. What's so hard about that? You don't have to think about taking a BC pill prior to sex. One can just make it a part of their daily routine. What's so hard about that?

I disagree. As I said, even less women would take the chance of getting pregnant if they knew that abortion wasn't an option.

No matter what you say many thinking of committing murder, rape, etc. will not do it because they don't want to go to prison or worse.
Are you speaking from your own experience here? Because it sure sounds like it.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:49 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Being irresponsible is normal behavior now? I didn't say that people have to use two forms of BC prior to sex although it would give added protection. I said, that women should be on birth control if they know they are going to be sexually active soon or in the future. What's so hard about that? You don't have to think about taking a BC pill prior to sex. One can just make it a part of their daily routine. What's so hard about that?

I disagree. As I said, even less women would take the chance of getting pregnant if they knew that abortion wasn't an option.

No matter what you say many thinking of committing murder, rape, etc. will not do it because they don't want to go to prison or worse.
Most women are using some form of birth control when they have sex. Thats normal behavior. Thinking your birth control is going to prevent pregnancy is normal behavior. And forgetting a pill is normal behavior. Some women take take hormonal BC pills.
Apparently more women are being more responsible or refusing sex when they feel they are vulnerable as both the number of abortions and the birth rate are declining.

I see you didnt address the statistics on murder and rape and tell me how you come to conclusion that the thought of prison decreases the numbers of murder and rape when the statistics not what I say, says otherwise.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:21 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Are you speaking from your own experience here? Because it sure sounds like it.
Huh? You're joking, right? Or is this just your way to demonize because I don't believe in killing the unborn?

Old 12-23-2021, 12:24 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Most women are using some form of birth control when they have sex. Thats normal behavior. Thinking your birth control is going to prevent pregnancy is normal behavior. And forgetting a pill is normal behavior. Some women take take hormonal BC pills.
Apparently more women are being more responsible or refusing sex when they feel they are vulnerable as both the number of abortions and the birth rate are declining.

I see you didnt address the statistics on murder and rape and tell me how you come to conclusion that the thought of prison decreases the numbers of murder and rape when the statistics not what I say, says otherwise.
Most women who got an abortion didn't use birth control at all though. No, forgetting the pill is being irresponsible.

If you don't think that prison discourages crime then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:27 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Killing a landlord, toddler, infant, disabled, elderly or any other category of a born person is illegal. It’s a deflection you have no answers when posters ask you how you make the irresponsible, responsible. You deflect and don’t answer.
Killing an unborn child is illegal, too: fetal homicide laws.

How to hold killers responsible? Send them to prison for killing another human life.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:37 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Most women who got an abortion didn't use birth control at all though. No, forgetting the pill is being irresponsible.

If you don't think that prison discourages crime then I don't know what to tell you.
Wrong most women who seek abortion get pregnant while using bc.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Killing an unborn child is illegal, too: fetal homicide laws.

How to hold killers responsible? Send them to prison for killing another human life.
So you want to imprison women who have abortions. What about father and doctor should they be sent to prison? How long should the sentence be? What is the punishment for a second abortion?

Old 12-23-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Wrong most women who seek abortion get pregnant while using bc.
Nope. 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to failure to use any birth control at all (54%), or using it incorrectly/inconsistently (41%) such as not taking one or more daily pills during a cycle.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
So you want to imprison women who have abortions. What about father and doctor should they be sent to prison? How long should the sentence be? What is the punishment for a second abortion?
The doctors who kill the unborn? Yes. Fathers? Not unless they are the ones choosing to kill the unborn child.

Sentence? Murder one (the intentional killing of another) is typically 30 years or more.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to failure to use any birth control at all (54%), or using it incorrectly/inconsistently (41%) such as not taking one or more daily pills during a cycle.
You want to ignore the 54 percent using birth control when they got pregnant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies