Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 10:39 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,106,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Since it's mostly the unvaccinated who are dying she's basically saying they should be blaming themselves. Fine then. I mean, people literally choose to kill themselves every day, why can't people choose to take a gamble with their lives as well? The vaccine is out there for people to take if they want it. As far as I'm concerned that's all society owes to people. The choice.
The problem is clear...These people are not only putting themselves at risk they are prolonging the pandemic and putting others at risk... Given enough time who knows what sort of variant will emerge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 12:45 AM

2,335 posts, read 813,796 times
In my neck of the woods (Austin), we just went to stage 4. The mayor is asking EVERYONE to wear masks and those unvaccinated to stay home except for essential reasons. He did not try to implement a childish strategy of "blaming" others. Unlike the Governor of Alabama, he is intelligent enough to understand that employing a strategy of blaming others does not solve the problem at hand. Good for him for actually possessing some logic.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:51 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,038,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Is that why so many Dems are dying?
If there's ever anything we can agree upon, this should be it.

Covid should NOT be a party issue.

Unvaccinated people of all ages, ethnicities and political parties are at the highest risk of dying or having long term consequences
if they get COVID.

And, the longer people continue to fight each other instead of doing everything they can to help end this pandemic --
the longer our economy and our lives will be disrupted.

Last edited by World Citizen; 07-24-2021 at 03:09 AM..

Old 07-24-2021, 03:12 AM

89 posts, read 49,127 times
as a LOGIC person if i get vacsine and get a covid like kost do how am i different from guy or girl that did not get vacsine but got the covid. i do not understand this logic. vacsine is not magic pill we are finding that out now because more and more people are getting covid even with vacsine in their system. so what is point of vacsine again

Old 07-24-2021, 03:20 AM

37,120 posts, read 42,174,654 times
What are we "blaming" them for now?

Old 07-24-2021, 03:24 AM

37,120 posts, read 42,174,654 times
Lot's of people are waiting to see if these things EVER get FDA approval. What's the holdup there do you think? FDC approval + manufacturer liability might have an impact on how people view all this

Old 07-24-2021, 04:05 AM

11,761 posts, read 5,772,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
your numbers are percentage of vaccinated population, not percentage of people overall vaccinated by rate. you are purposefully misrepresenting data as if no one was going to go behind you and check.

As I said in my post, in Alabama for example, black people are vaccinated at the same percentage as they are of the population.

Hispanics are actually the highest in percentage.
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

Blacks represent 27% of the population in Alabama - only 25% of that 27% have been vaccinated whereas

Old 07-24-2021, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
But the unvaxed are the pool where the virus mutate and potentially can render our vaccine protection null and void. This is the problem. Otherwise I wouldn’t give a flying #$$ what the anti vax want or don’t want to do.
The virus can mutate in someone who has gotten the vaccine as the vaccine is not 100%. The Brazil mutation or P.1. The variant carries the N501Y mutation discovered in the British and South African variants and the E484K mutation so far detected only in the South African variant.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:18 AM

19,770 posts, read 9,314,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Lot's of people are waiting to see if these things EVER get FDA approval. What's the holdup there do you think? FDC approval + manufacturer liability might have an impact on how people view all this
Excellent post and points -- ALL of it.

The fact that there are so MANY adverse reactions to the injections would seem to be problematic.

Although NO vaccine is 100% effective, I don't remember reading or hearing about so many hospitalizations after people received other immunizations. But some (many) people just expect everyone to just take their chances.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, you are just wrong at least with the way you presented the numbers.

You made it seem like 9% of black people were vaccinated, when that is the percentage of vaccinated people who are black.

Black people only make up about 12 to 13% of the country depending on what population data you look at.

So that means Black people are 3 to 4% off when it comes to vaccination proportionally.

The percentage of black people who have been vaccinated according to that Kaiser Family Foundation link that was from April is near 40%, so im sure its higher now.

Most of these numbers were also adult populations, not populations at large. So yea, out dated and misleading.
Actually it's about 30% nationwide - as I stated in my last post only 25% of the 27% of blacks in Alabama have been vaccinated whereas in Alabama whites are 68% of the total population and 66% have been vaccinated.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies