Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 07:19 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
I voted for him in 2016 despite not liking his communication style. I felt like he wasted too much time being divisive instead of getting things done. He should have stayed off social media.

Same here - I desparately hoped for the "Presidential pivot" that never materialized.

I also wasn't much of a fan of his foreign policy moves, nor his environmental policy and his handling of the COVID pandemic was about as incompetent as it could have been.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:40 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
... If us Trump lovers ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That is unnatural, and sounds creepy.

People don't 'love' a political leader ... people 'love' a cult leader.
yeah, like Pelosi
If you have seen expressions of 'love' for Nancy Pelosi on this forum, by all means bring it on!

We don't 'love' political leaders. They work for us.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
The demented avenger subverted demoralized zombies are ALL about EMOTION!!!

Orange Man BAD

It looks like you are agreeing that Trump has these faults. Your only problem is that real patriotic citizens are not willing to overlook them as you would.

Find a better candidate next time, and even I might be willing to support it.

Old 07-26-2021, 11:09 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Maybe so but a soldier and a president are still two different professions. You can’t just one by using the standards from the other. That is a ridiculous comparison like comparing apple with orange.
You probably wouldn't have liked Eisenhower if that is your attitude. Or George Washington.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:42 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,054,214 times
I'm admittedly a little late to this thread, but as a non-Supporter of Trump who is also a registered Democrat and liberal on 75% of issues, I'll bite.

Didn't like:

Twitter -- sending out spiteful tweets constantly is something I expect from a 13 year old girl who's getting her first period, not a grown, elderly man who is supposed to be the so-called "leader of the free world". The constant tweeting was distasteful, obnoxious and definitely un-presidential !

Perception of instability -- it seemed like every other week, someone was resigning from Trump's cabinet. This sent a signal to the public that there were major issues at the executive level of government. Like others, I suspected it had to do with the president's temperament and "my way or the highway" persona. Whatever it was, it wasn't a good look!

Name calling -- again, just not professional and certainly not presidential! Perhaps he thought his bursts of spitefulness were endearing him to the public? I don't know?

Downplaying of the Covid-19 pandemic -- when Covid-19 was spreading in Asia, then Washington state, health departments up and down the West Coast in major urban areas were taking the lead in declaring emergency health measures, meanwhile, Trump was again talking out of both sides of his mouth and downplaying the seriousness of it all.

Promotion of conspiracy theories -- Trump all but came out and openly supported QAnon. He would try to make coded references to statements that appeared in Q drops. Then, when questioned by media about supporting QAnon, he'd talk out of the other side of his mouth and disavow it. To me, it was clear that he was pandering to them for support. QAnon is both radical and dangerous, and a national security threat, and certainly nothing to toy with!

Destructive to the environment -- Trump made very clear that his administration did not believe in climate change by pulling out of the Paris agreement. Additionally, on the home front, he scaled back national monuments and pilfered a lot of agreements with environmental groups and Native Americans. His administration went so far as to allow for mining of uranium on sacred Native American lands in Utah, Colorado and Arizona. It showed that he was in the pocket of those who wish to exploit our natural resources and ignore the warnings science has given us on the climate.

Vengefulness -- this was the theme of Trump's tenure. Anytime Trump did not get his way, he was extremely vengeful and cruel. His attempt to punish people in Blue States by taking away their tax write offs was pure and simple vengefulness for the Democratic sweep of Congress! No other way to put it.

I'll give him kudos on the following:

--Implementing tariffs
--Not dragging the U.S. into a foreign skirmish
--Paying lip service to a national infrastructure plan

Old 07-27-2021, 01:56 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
It looks like you are agreeing that Trump has these faults. Your only problem is that real patriotic citizens are not willing to overlook them as you would.

Find a better candidate next time, and even I might be willing to support it.

Perhaps that candidate will be a robot ?

Old 07-27-2021, 02:10 PM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,072 times
I thought his intellect and communication style were below that of someone who should hold the highest office in the land. He also had no problem whipping up a mob and then backing up as if he had nothing to do with it. He thrived on being divisive, loves being the center of attention.

Current guy isn't much better tbh.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:18 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
To quote Tucker Carlson, "Trump is the most repulsive person on the planet".

To quote Lindsey Graham, Trump is a "race bating, xenophobic, religious bigot".

But I digress. I was appalled that someone with Trump's uneven Temperament, unwillingness to seek counsel (****ing know it all), and spiteful nature became the leader of the free world. He was kind of entertaining in a circus geek sort of way when he was a failed and crooked NY bidness man, but as someone with 350 million people's welfare in his undersized hands I was quite concerned that some crisis would test him and he'd start reaching for a live chicken. The pandemic hit, and his unwillingness to take it seriously cost lives. War-time president my ass. Bit the head right off of the poor bird.

Old 07-29-2021, 02:51 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:

We don't 'love' political leaders. They work for us.

do they? do you really believe that?

Old 07-30-2021, 02:57 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I think he’s referring to Trump’s tax return. Those people need to educate themselves on the tax law rather than following the rhetoric of the lying media.

According to the current tax law, why should anybody pay any income tax while having no income?

Well, he is claiming "business" write-offs that weren't really business. Lying about what his properties are worth to lower his property taxes, but then again inflating them to get loans etc., It's horrible. When business owners or self employed "lie" and cheat on their taxes, someone out there has to make up for what they are stealing from the government. Sorry, that's what it is, stealing! I hate paying taxes too, and mine most likely would be lower if the cheaters would either get caught or just stop what they are doing and be honest.
I sure as heck don't want to pay taxes either, but it's the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies