Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 10:28 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,060,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Accepting and supporting him because of likng his policies just reveals that the person doing that supporting cares more about policy goals than they do about character.
Considering the only difference between Trumps character and Biden's is Trump waved his around for everyone to see whereas Biden hides his character under a delusion pretending to be something he's not. That makes Trump at least more honest about who he is.

So, let's assume you're right about character, which would you rather have:

a. Someone with visible character flaws but good policies

or

b. Someone who hides their character flaws and has poor policies?

Personally I'll take "a" over "b.'

Old 07-24-2021, 10:29 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
talk about biased - wow. you could not be more wrong on most of these. stop listening to the MSM and think for yourself.

If you think that poster (Lekril) is wrong the, rather that merely stating he is wrong, explain how he is wrong.

You could try, but you won't be able to do that.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:33 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The "R" after his name. That's really it. And the media telling them to.

That just about sums it up.

What I'm finding is rather common is that when most Trump Haters are questioned they don't know why they hate him they just do. They don't know why they think he is a horrible racist anti Semite he just is. They don't know what Obama, Hillary or Biden would have done differently in the early days of the Covid pandemic but they call Trump a murderer.

The answer is of course that those who suffer from the TDS have been brainwashed. They have lost the ability to reason and they have lost their common sense. We really can't blame them because the Lefty media spread the negative propaganda for 4 long years and they laid it on thick.

They hate him because they were told to hate him.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:33 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Vile
dishonest
philanderer
amoral
vulgar
egocentric
racist
bigot
clown
disgusting
bully
arrogant
stupid
ass
narcissistic
ignorant
unqualified
liar
incompetent
idiot
fraud
corrupt
dangerous
buffoon
crazy
disgusting
moron

I could probably come up with a few dozen more but you get the idea

Old 07-24-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Considering the only difference between Trumps character and Biden's is Trump waved his around for everyone to see whereas Biden hides his character under a delusion pretending to be something he's not. That makes Trump at least more honest about who he is.

So, let's assume you're right about character, which would you rather have:

a. Someone with visible character flaws but good policies

or

b. Someone who hides their character flaws and has poor policies?

Personally I'll take "a" over "b.'

Neither.

Not voting for Trump doesn't require voting for Biden.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

One could have voted third party, written someone in, or left the POTUS and VPOTUS slots blank.

That Trump and Biden were the only candidates likely to win is irrelevant.

No one should care about 'being on the winning voting team'.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:38 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

What I'm finding is rather common is that when most Trump Haters are questioned they don't know why they hate him they just do. They don't know why they think he is a horrible racist anti Semite he just is. They don't know what Obama, Hillary or Biden would have done differently in the early days of the Covid pandemic but they call Trump a murderer.

The answer is of course that those who suffer from the TDS have been brainwashed. They have lost the ability to reason and they have lost their common sense. We really can't blame them because the Lefty media spread the negative propaganda for 4 long years and they laid it on thick.

No. Many on this thread have listed very specific reasons for not liking Trump. They and I are not saying these things because we were told to by anyone. Give credit where credit is due.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
No it doesn't, because plenty of people who don't like Trump and don't support him are Independents and Republicans.

Quote:
What I'm finding is rather common is that when most Trump Haters are questioned they don't know why they hate him they just do.
1.Few people hate Trump (rather than dislike him) because, to many, he isn't worth the energy it would take to hate him. Trumpers just like to call it hate because you don't like to hear your messiah being criticized.

2. You either have miraculously had blinders on to not see details explaining the dislike in a number of posts in a number of threads or you are being intentionally disingenuous.

Quote:
They don't know why they think he is a horrible racist anti Semite he just is. They don't know what Obama, Hillary or Biden would have done differently in the early days of the Covid pandemic but they call Trump a murderer.
He's a birther.

Quote:
The answer is of course that those who suffer from the TDS have been brainwashed.
There's no such thing as TDS.

It's not in the DSM, and it never will be.

It's a made up acronym that some Trump supporters use to make themselves feel better re not wanting to hear criticism of their messiah.

Quote:
They have lost the ability to reason and they have lost their common sense.
Oh, the irony.

Quote:
We really can't blame them because the Lefty media spread the negative propaganda for 4 long years and they laid it on thick.
Trump's poor character was revealed (long before the press started covering him in 2015 for his run) via his business dealings and his Birtherism, among other things.

Quote:
Oh, the irony.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:14 AM

4,866 posts, read 2,674,972 times
I don't hate him..even if he is an arrogant, ignorant, blowhard, braggart, lying s.o.b....hate is too strong of an emotion to waste on him..

Old 07-24-2021, 11:14 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
What I'm finding is rather common is that when most Trump Haters are questioned they don't know why they hate him they just do.
What I'm finding is that when most Trump devotees claim that they questioned "Trump haters" they just made the claim up out of thin air.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:38 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
What I'm finding is that when most Trump devotees claim that they questioned "Trump haters" they just made the claim up out of thin air.

I'm just talking about casual conversations with friends and family members.

It usually starts with "why do you like Trump?"

I counter with "why don't you like Trump?"

They then spin off a few Lefty talking points that I counter with facts and alternative views that they never considered and that often leaves them speechless. We end the conversation because they have no comeback beyond the talking points that have been drilled into their heads over the last 4 years.

Of course there are those on CD that have tried to silence my opinion and even a few that have threatened me with a DM.

It is just odd how angry some people can get when they are asked to defend their adamant position. When they don't have an answer it is easier to get angry and shut down the conversation.

Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies