Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 02:36 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,036 times

Advertisements

So let me get this straight: this is a BAD thing? Only conservative media. Sigh.

Let's consider what the tests revealed:

Five out of six subjects' masks harbored bacterial, fungal, and viral pathogens. So what was the source of those pathogens? The subjects themselves! Given that laundered masks from each household were free of pathogens, as was -- and this is important -- a t-shirt worn in a classroom by one of the subjects, the masks performed well at preventing the spread of the pathogens. That's exactly what we would want to happen.

I accept that there are psycho-social issues associated with children wearing masks, but from the perspective of preventing infections, this is an excellent result. The pathogens were contained by the masks, preventing other children from being exposed. Fantastic!

Last edited by kj1065; 07-24-2021 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 05:13 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Even though I was sitting here with a book, this thought came into my mind.
We're being told Delta carries a huge viral load.
Is this going to make a difference in how well kids have handled Alpha?
That's one question.
Being as this thread is about masks. second question.

If Delta is going to be worse for kids and masks would still be advisable, would a good compromise be not to wear them in a basically sheltered setting like the classroom
but to have them on when out in the general public?

Old 07-24-2021, 06:14 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Even though I was sitting here with a book, this thought came into my mind.
We're being told Delta carries a huge viral load.
Is this going to make a difference in how well kids have handled Alpha?
That's one question.
Being as this thread is about masks. second question.

If Delta is going to be worse for kids and masks would still be advisable, would a good compromise be not to wear them in a basically sheltered setting like the classroom
but to have them on when out in the general public?
Each kid has the potential to be a carrier. Once they come together in the classroom, it is NOT a sheltered place because you don't know if one of the kids picked it up during non-school hours. Masks can help prevent spread.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:27 PM

235 posts, read 115,065 times
Honestly the simplest way to settle this debate is people in Asian countries such as South Korea or Japan wear masks on a regular basis and did even before COVID. And they have a longer average lifespan than Americans so it’s pretty self explanatory.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:30 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
I am simply horrified by the number of people that died from wearing a mask.

To date, it is zero.

But just imagine!

Old 07-24-2021, 06:45 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Total emotional, control freak Fascist response by Leftists.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:46 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
No mask wearing? Are we arguing to cancel Halloween now? That would probably cut down on the number of diabetic kids.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:07 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Wait... so this confirmed the masks indeed did trap the pathogens. They're working as intended, and this is bad? Especially if worn as directed, IE changed out regularly, they work. This only is evidence of that.

Look, it sucks to wear them. Except for a few whacked out extreme introverts, no one enjoys them. I hate them, but I will wear them to help mitigate the spread of this virus.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:01 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Wait... so this confirmed the masks indeed did trap the pathogens. They're working as intended, and this is bad? Especially if worn as directed, IE changed out regularly, they work. This only is evidence of that.

Look, it sucks to wear them. Except for a few whacked out extreme introverts, no one enjoys them. I hate them, but I will wear them to help mitigate the spread of this virus.
Yes, the masks "trapped" staph and E. coli, because humans normally breathe out staph and E. coli and infect other people that way. My God, the stupid crap you people will believe if you think it might put your precious masks in a positive light...

Old 07-25-2021, 07:10 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
Honestly the simplest way to settle this debate is people in Asian countries such as South Korea or Japan wear masks on a regular basis and did even before COVID. And they have a longer average lifespan than Americans so it’s pretty self explanatory.
The assumption that masking is why some Asian countries have a longer average lifespan is not a thoughtful one. So many factors go into that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies