Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 08:42 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Except that human trafficking is illegal and can get one in jail. Cost benefit.
My comment has nothing to do with human trafficking. I have no clue where you came up with that conclusion. It has to do with a man that does not get married. Instead he enjoys women in which ever way he chooses but does not marry. Yes that man will not have the joy of marriage. Nor will he have the misery of divorce. From a financial aspect he most likely will be better off.

Old 07-25-2021, 08:47 AM

15,948 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
My comment has nothing to do with human trafficking. I have no clue where you came up with that conclusion. It has to do with a man that does not get married. Instead he enjoys women in which ever way he chooses but does not marry. Yes that man will not have the joy of marriage. Nor will he have the misery of divorce. From a financial aspect he most likely will be better off.
Sorry, I misinterpreted "buying the cow" bit for sex work. You meant just "dating." It is prostitution that is illegal. Gotcha.
Yes, the joy of marriage is not cheap.

Old 07-25-2021, 08:57 AM

10,441 posts, read 4,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah…$1600 a month for one child. Doesn’t include him having to carry his daughter on his Health insurance, nor does it cover him having to pay half for Catholic School tuition.

And he pays nearly ALL the money for his daughters outside activities. Traveling cheerleading, basketball and soccer ran him around $5k last year. It fricken never ends.

He can afford it, but what he CAN’T afford is his every other weekend custody of his daughter being consistently challenged every time he goes to pick his daughter up. Her mom is still bitter over the way their relationship ended, so every other Friday when he comes by to get his daughter, the mom makes a terrible drama production over the whole scene. And he’s forced to drive home in a bad mood.

It’s maddening.
And that is stupid on the mother's part. He's driving her child around and she in turn get's him all emotional and angry before they hit the road????? Rising the statistics of them getting into a car crash considerably??? This is why I hate women sometimes (and mind you, I am a woman) because far too often do they let their own emotions cloud their judgement. Not to mention her drama is definitely being felt by the daughter. I can imagine the stress and anxiety level of the daughter must be through the roof, and it's all because of her mother.

Quote:
I know this is a generalization. However in the majority of cases it is true. If you are a man in general you are taking a major risk getting married. Yes there are exceptions. Again for those with reading comprehension issues I will say it again. In general if you are a man you take on the risk. Major downside for you. Just the way it is. The courts are geared towards women.
All of society is geared towards women. The movie, In Pursuit of of Happiness, which is based on a true story, one of the aspects of the movie that infuriated me was how the shelters are set up. Most don't allow children and the ones that do only allow the women with children and not the fathers. And this is something that is still going on today. Single fathers will also not get the help with day care and welfare that a single mother would.

Last edited by warhorse78; 07-25-2021 at 09:05 AM..

Old 07-25-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
What happens when a business partnership breaks down? The assets are divided equally. Marriage is also a partnership. Divide the assets and be done.
I can agree with this, but the saying, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, is very true. She don't want half. She wants every little crumb, and some judge is probably going to get some kick backs by siding with her.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:30 AM

15,948 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I can agree with this, but the saying, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, is very true. She don't want half. She wants every little crumb, and some judge is probably going to get some kick backs by siding with her.
Many of the judges are also men. Fury with no power makes one very sad, not dangerous.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
LOL, I was looking at that comment and was bewildered myself. But the man who wants to be a free spirit isn't off the hook either. All it takes is a few women to form a coup and then next minute, he's looking at a me too movement that will most likely end in a pay out. An expensive one. I'm starting to see why many rich men are looking to the Asian women for comfort. He's less likely to get all the drama that he potentially might have with the White, Black or Latino women.

Quote:
Many of the judges are also men. Fury with no power makes one very sad, not dangerous.
And???? They are the ones most likely to take the pay out, and they can also use the ruling during election years and be like "see, I protect women's rights" when women are the majority of the voters!

Old 07-25-2021, 09:51 AM

25,703 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Divorce laws are outdated, and were created when most women were not in the workforce. Until they are updated to reflect the times, I suggest guys NOT get married....and NOT have kids out of wedlock either...unless she's go a LOT more than you do going into it.

Move to a state with the best laws, get married, and have your family there.

This is a contributing reason why the birth rate is falling in America...guys are not stupid....well, all of them aren't.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I wouldn’t know what to do with $300K a month. Give me $50K a month and I’ll be happy.

To the OP, Dr Dre wasn’t annihilated as $3 million is pocket change for him.

Society has decided that women who marry rich men should not go back to burger flipping after the divorce, and that’s what we’re seeing now.
$300k a month isn’t “pocket change” to anyone….not even Dre.

Moreover, giving her the home and a nice financial settlement in the millions WILL NOT render her future to burger flipping after the divorce. Don’t be ridiculous.

But to attach her to his hip for life is insane. She should be granted 30-40 million bucks and sent packing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
50/50 split of marital assets is fair.
To whom?
Quote:
Why do men marry? Several times?
Rank stupidity.
Quote:
And yet men marry. Sometimes several times, with multiple ex wives. Obviously they are not stupid, right? There is something in it for them. The something is what is monetized at divorce.
Oh yes indeed they’re stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is why millennials aren't getting married and/or having children.
Yep. Especially if they have any real assets.
Quote:
Probably most of the judges are men overwhelmingly.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:56 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Divorce laws are outdated, and were created when most women were not in the workforce. Until they are updated to reflect the times, I suggest guys NOT get married....and NOT have kids out of wedlock either...unless she's go a LOT more than you do going into it.

Move to a state with the best laws, get married, and have your family there.

This is a contributing reason why the birth rate is falling in America...guys are not stupid....well, all of them aren't.
I don’t know….

In 2021, if you’re a wealthy man and you’re marrying a woman who has little means compared to yours, you’re certifiably nutso. With the present divorce rates, the likelihood is high that your clock is gonna get cleaned at some point.

Old 07-25-2021, 11:56 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol…what’s a strong prenup? Tell us. Because prenups ROUTINELY get tossed by these judges.
A strong pre-nup is done in a legal office with her and his lawyers present, neutral witnesses and all papers filed properly.

Also, don't get married and live in one of the states that likes to re-invent\re-interpret the law according to social whims as they go along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies