Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 10:35 AM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

N 95s are available from United States Mask in the DFW are. Just bought another 40 last night for 39 bucks plus tax. They have 2 straps that go around the head, not ears. Better for hear aide wearers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 10:47 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Isn't it true, though, that when in infected patient exhales, the virus is not yet in the aerosolized state yet? I thought the virus was all bound up in heavier, wet particles that come out in the exhale. Those are definitely stopped by the mask. It's only when the exhalations break apart after being shot out from the mouth. Low humidity, lots of air currents, etc determine how those particles break up into aerosols.

I've read that a million times and that's why coverings work for the infected. I think we all know by now that it doesn't protect you from aerosols. It will stop the close contact exhalations.
In this theory the only mode of transmitting said virus would be droplets or globs of spit of which we're each very much aware this isnt entirely true. Some researchers suggest the virus to be infinitesimal while others debate for the opposite.

As for SAR 2.0 particulates 10nm isn't large by any stretch of thee imagination thus vehicles of transmission wouldn't necessarily need to be classic 1950s Cadillac(so-called heavier saturates) . Certainly the particles can vary in size and not necessarily due to strain (variants).

Unfortunately minimal reduction doesn't suffice as ultimate protection.

Ultimately our bodies collide with a deluge of particulates & matter to include those of which produce adverse effects
physiologically.

Side note: merely wiping your counters or surfaces with a lysol wipe will do very little to combat said viruses. Surfaces should be saturated for several minutes encroaching the ten minute mark. Thus your stores, schools, waiting rooms are less likely "safe."

Only place I've witness such zeal..the hospital after cleaning a ISO- patients rooms, labs, pharmaceutical companies, and the homes of those conflicted with OCD.

Old 07-25-2021, 01:42 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
With n95’s there is no, “my mask protects you and your mask protects me” bs. N95 masks protect the wearer and those who want that extra level of protection can choose to wear them but there never should be a mandate for them.

I agree. But I read today that Fauci said the CDC is looking at changing its mask policy. Meaning they will say wear masks. Which means most of the country will go back to mask wearing. Only red areas like mine will not. I am so glad I live where I live. I have said all month this will happen by August 1st. Looks like that will come to pass.

Old 07-25-2021, 01:46 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I agree. But I read today that Fauci said the CDC is looking at changing its mask policy. Meaning they will say wear masks. Which means most of the country will go back to mask wearing. Only red areas like mine will not. I am so glad I live where I live. I have said all month this will happen by August 1st. Looks like that will come to pass.
Why though? If the mask protects the wearer and the vaccine protects the person who got it, why would the government force this on people who do not want it? The masking and restrictions are never going to end until people stop complying.

Old 07-25-2021, 01:48 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Which is why I use the vented N95s which are far more comfortable but protect only me, the wearer. I figure if someone is worried about covid, then they should go get a shot first and foremost. It is the fault of the unvaccinated that we are in this delta mess right now. If they don't care enough about their health or continue to be ignorant in the face of overwhelming knowledge, it's on them. Let 'em die for all I care.
No it's not. Blame the vaccine makers. The vaccines don't stop the spread. Vaccinate everyone including your dog, and coronavirus will still spread.

Old 07-25-2021, 01:49 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Yup. Masks are coming back. Remember when the vaccines were first starting to be rolled out? CDC was saying vaxxed people should still wear them. Then they were pressured into dropping the mask for vaxxed people as a reward of sorts for getting vaxxed/protected. Here we go again, full circle.

Old 07-25-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Why though? If the mask protects the wearer and the vaccine protects the person who got it, why would the government force this on people who do not want it? The masking and restrictions are never going to end until people stop complying.
I am not saying I understand the why part. Just that they are going to do it. I suppose it would look to some that they are doing "something". Perhaps Fauci's comments were a trial balloon. Which is all the more reason to be against it. They get enough push back it, it can be stopped. Where I live masks have never been mandated and few wear them. Our case numbers are no different than anywhere else and lower than many areas.

CDC considers reinstating mask recommendations, Dr. Fauci says

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/...auci-says.html

WASHINGTON -- Dr. Anthony Fauci says the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are weighing revising their COVID-19 guidelines to recommend that even fully vaccinated individuals wear masks in public.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
No it's not. Blame the vaccine makers. The vaccines don't stop the spread. Vaccinate everyone including your dog, and coronavirus will still spread.
The viral load of vaccinated people is very low. What you are saying is counter to science. As well as the fact that 98% or so of those in the hospital or dead now in America are unvaccinated. Also a fact. Sure you can get a mild case while vaccinated. But very unlikely anything worse than that. I am fine with people choosing to say no to the vaccine. Not ok with all this misinformation.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
I am not saying I understand the why part. Just that they are going to do it. I suppose it would look to some that they are doing "something". Perhaps Fauci's comments were a trial balloon. Which is all the more reason to be against it. They get enough push back it, it can be stopped. Where I live masks have never been mandated and few wear them. Our case numbers are no different than anywhere else and lower than many areas.

CDC considers reinstating mask recommendations, Dr. Fauci says

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/...auci-says.html

WASHINGTON -- Dr. Anthony Fauci says the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are weighing revising their COVID-19 guidelines to recommend that even fully vaccinated individuals wear masks in public.
I really hope people will resist. I live in a blue state so I suspect everyone will just go along with it. Ugh.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:03 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
These 'experts' must live in some fantasyland if they think we are going to not only start wearing masks again, but 'upgrade' to a N95 style mask.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-exper...123108271.html
If people are going to wear masks they might as well actually be masks that actually work like n95s.
I already got vaccinated and I'm not going back to masks but when I was wearing masks they were n95s.

Pretending people wearing garbage masks (usually not even worn correctly) were helping stop the spread of covid was absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies