Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 10:29 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Well I'm almost certain that mask mandates are coming back...

https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-cdc-mas...155642381.html

I'll try not to be stickler with this, so I'm prepared to mask up and will throw little to no fuss. It's just shameful that we took one step forward in June and now two steps backwards in July, and all because people won't get vaccinated. Feels like being back in high school when everyone in the class gets punished because certain people aren't doing the right thing. But it is what it is and I'm prepared to accept it.

However, I don't believe lockdowns will happen again. I don't forsee it going that far.

It's amazing to me how effective propaganda is on some people that they just believe this because the government told them so. Never mind all the facts.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:41 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
I won't lose it at all. If there's lockdowns, I'll be happy. Less people I deal with, the better off I am.
I'm not going to lie, there is a part of me that thinks exactly this. The less people out there crowding things up, the happier I am. Plus, it means I'll make a crap ton of money again when they order their food instead of getting it themselves, and the roads will be empty again, which means I get jobs done way faster, and the wildlife won't be slaughtered on a daily basis.

And I know that's selfish...I know that...but damn if I can't stop myself from kind of hoping for it. Does that make me an ahole? Welp, I guess I am, then.

On the other hand -

Hell no, I do not want this to happen again. Mainly, I care about the little kids and what this does to them. This is not healthy for them at all.

I also care that people who worked hard and built a business, will lose that business. We need these small businesses, even if some elitist snots think we don't. They employ so many people.

Also, I'm concerned, (read: 'convinced') that Fauci is pushing this because he gains, the gubmint pushes this because they would love nothing more than to control people, throwing them money (we can't take much more of that...actually, we're past what we could take), eventually completely destroying this country, (which I fully believe is the lefty plan).

We're already on the precipice - and I think some other people out there want this for selfish reasons, as well. They want this country to be destroyed.

However, I think there's going to be a major problem. There are some who will do whatever government tells them, because they are dumb, but there's a whole lot of others, even those who were okay with lock downs and masks before, who will not take this quietly.

It remains to be seen how many will just go along to get along and not protest this (don't necessarily mean 'marching in the streets'), but I'm positive this will not go down as easily as it did the last time.

And then again, that selfish part of me comes up again saying, 'I don't care, I make a ton of money, and I enjoy driving again, and the wildlife doesn't get hurt, and they have to stop destroying the forests...so...

I'm torn.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:44 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not going to lie, there is a part of me that thinks exactly this. The less people out there crowding things up, the happier I am. Plus, it means I'll make a crap ton of money again when they order their food instead of getting it themselves, and the roads will be empty again, which means I get jobs done way faster, and the wildlife won't be slaughtered on a daily basis.

And I know that's selfish...I know that...but damn if I can't stop myself from kind of hoping for it. Does that make me an ahole? Welp, I guess I am, then.
I feel the same way. As much as I hated wearing that stupid mask, I would gladly put one back on to have empty roads and stores again.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:45 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Love the attitude. It's amazing when you think about it.... Nobody wanted to stay at home during the lockdown, nobody wanted to wear masks and now nobody wants to get vaccinated.

So if we shouldn't be mandated to do any of those things, how do you expect we end this pandemic? Apparently, you seem to know more than these health experts, so I'm very curious to hear your input on the matter!
Again, assumptions, assumptions, and more assumptions.

I DID stay home, I WAS paranoid for until May 2020 and then realized that what we were being told just didn't make sense. And I continued to wear masks when required, and I still will do that -- although I haven't seen them required anywhere in my county for about two weeks now. (And guess what -- we have had a whopping total of SIX new cases in my county since June 11 -- which is an average of one new case per week!)

And I notice that you still haven't provided a link to support what you wrote earlier in this thread: "This variant is so damn contagious that it will find its way to all the unvaccinated people and land them in the hospital."

But, of course, you certainly have the right to believe what you want to believe.

P.S. And, btw, I have NEVER claimed to know more than anyone who has an M.D. or a PhD after their name because that would be completely delusional and/or idiotic; however, both my reading comprehension and math skills are definitely above average.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:47 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Wrong... people didn't do their part on the little things asked of them. Seriously, getting through this pandemic didn't have to be this difficult. People turned everything into a political battle and that's why we can't through this damn crisis.
You’re calling my observation wrong? Weird.

Where I live compliance with masks and restrictions was high. Most adults have gotten vaccinated too.

What state are you in? Maybe that is why you have a different observation.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:48 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
I feel the same way. As much as I hated wearing that stupid mask, I would gladly put one back on to have empty roads and stores again.
Wow. If I said this last year people would have accused me of trolling and my comments would be moderated. My oh my how my satire becomes reality.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:49 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
You see, now you're just spreading false information. Who is dying from the vaccine??? MILLIONS of people have taken it and have not died. It's extremely safe and effective!!
Go look at vaers reports. People are getting paralysis and blood clots. Some went blind. A 13 year old died three days latter. It's a fact kids are getting heart inflimation and heart conditions. I'll get back to u on this.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:50 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
"Florida once again led the nation this week in the number of soaring cases of COVID-19 as the dangerous delta variant sweeps through the country.

Hospitalizations in some areas increased at the fastest rate since the start of the pandemic, according to data analyzed by the Wall Street Journal.

Florida was still racking up one of every five cases in the country — just as it did the previous week when the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned of the rising “pandemic of the unvaccinated.”

The astonishing uptick in Florida cases — from some 46,000 to 73,000 this past week to Thursday
— was linked to the state’s lackluster vaccination rate, dropped health protocols requiring masks and social distancing, and more people moving indoors to escape the summer heat, according to epidemiologists.

“All of those things together are a recipe for the data that we’re seeing,” Jason Salemi, an epidemiologist at the University of South Florida, told the Journal. “It’s a cause for concern ... the speed with which the indicators are going up.”..."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/flori...b0733516274552
Florida surged last July and last January. They seem to be following a six month pattern. It will peak again and cases will fall again. This pattern can be seen in most states but the timing is different depending. I suspect to see my state surge in the fall and again in the spring if the pattern holds true.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:55 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Now I see where Savannah, GA has re-imposed their mask mandate for indoors.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:58 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Required View Post
I am fine with wearing a mask if necessary. I would dread seeing businesses shut down again as it financially ruined many people’s lives. If that happens, I lay the blame where it belongs, with anti Vader’s whose recklessness caused this virus to reign out of control.

People against Darth?

Seriously, you are not gonna lay any blame on the countries where the variants emerged (Of course not, it wouldn't be right). What about the asymptomatic vaxed who carry and transmit these variants to people? Remember, the person sitting next to you could very well be giving you covid, you would never know. The unvaxed laying in bed at home or in a hospital is unlikely to give it to you.

No, you have fallen for the media and governments ploy to blame your fellow man. They are very good at dividing people into warring factions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies