Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 12:37 PM

2,012 posts, read 3,517,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't know anyone who isn't sick of wearing a mask, myself included. However, as Covid takes hold, I think we're going to see more and more businesses require them. Just today I saw that Savannah has re-imposed their mask mandate and that several health care providers, including Mayo, are wanting to require vaccines for their healthcare workers. I just now saw a story about an Atlanta restaurant who will not serve unvaccinated patrons. It's probably going to become more prevalent, mask and vaccine requirements.
I'll choose not to patronize those establishments that require masks. Other than the places I have no alternative like doctor offices, hospitals, airports, I'm vaccinated and done wearing a mask.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:38 PM

6,792 posts, read 14,010,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
No one is championing for more lockdowns.

The people who are championing their rights not to get vaccinated and who refuse to wear masks in public are responsible if we have another lockdown.

If they really want the economy to get back on track, they would do everything they could do to help.

They have NO RIGHT to be upset.

They can't seem to understand that things cannot get back to normal until we get the virus under control.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:39 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,508,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
We are never going to get out of this. I just know schools are gonna be half day/remote come September with all the hyper protocols in place that make in person instruction unbearable. I really feel bad for our children and how we are screwing them over year after year. They are never getting this time back.

Seeing lots of "mask families" out there. Wearing masks outside with their young kids in New Jersey. My problem with them is these people although small in number, are very emotional, opinionated, make a lot of noise... and are the ones who will put pressure on everyone else (politicians, school boards, etc) to make everyone comply with their insanity.
Never is a very long time.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:40 PM

13,632 posts, read 9,688,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So the states shouldn't react to the current surge in he virus, they should juts ignore the ICU's filling up.
Yes. We all have to die sometime, whether you accept that or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Who is "they", your state governors? How do they win, is restricting businesses and schools some sort of win.
“They” win by the mantra of modern life: cover your posterior. Safety-measures of various sort are costly. They inhibit business and drag-down economic growth. Nevertheless, they proliferate, a kind of tax. Why? Because the alternative is law-suits or other abjectly dreadful consequences. Being fearful, we accept lower economic growth, less privacy, less individual primacy, more indignities and more maladies of various sort. Rather than to be prosperous, efficient, happy or free… we all aim to “cover our posteriors”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I see government doing pretty much anything they please these days, self-serving government; we the people have unfortunately allowed more and more control to.
Yet, nobody is in charge.
This is an important point. The creep and proliferation of modern government is rarely about rapacious individuals personally grabbing more power, though some governors or their “health advisors” are prominent counterexamples. The real malady is the self-propitiating growth of the State itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12-stringer View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of them are getting put into morgues because of their own idiocy.
News flash: we're all going to end up in morgues eventually. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Love the attitude. It's amazing when you think about it.... Nobody wanted to stay at home during the lockdown, nobody wanted to wear masks and now nobody wants to get vaccinated.

So if we shouldn't be mandated to do any of those things, how do you expect we end this pandemic?
We don't. We accept it, just as we accept the flu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Again, doesn't matter what you or I say or think. What matters is Delta is spreading and businesses are now taking measures.
I'll make every tractable effort to patronize those businesses who are NOT "taking measures", and avoiding those that are.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:41 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,988,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
It boggles my mind that anyone could even utter this phase at this point. Covid "took hold" last spring, and possibly before. Now, it is over. There are vaccines for it. It is an endemic virus with strong and predictable seasonal swings.

What it looks like you might mean is permanent biosecurity restrictions will take hold, which I think could go either way. Ostensibly it's still up to the people just how much this stuff worms its way into our lives.

Misinformation.

If everyone would get vaccinated COVID-19 would be a rare diagnosis.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
You are posting MISINFORMATION. Nearly all new cases are among people who are not vaccinated. It is the people who are not vaccinated who are the ones pushing us to new restrictions. Your post makes a statement like it is common when it is not.
If I understand correctly, they are not in many cases keeping track of cases among those who have been "vaccinated". So of course the statistics are skewed the way that you have said.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Nothing surprises me any more even the forced detention of the unvaccinated would not surprise me.
The Democrat leftists and their followers behave more and more like the Chi-coms every day it seems.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:48 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,921,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It should matter. I think we are making some very big mistakes in our approach. We can’t keep going down this road thinking the vaccine will save us.

Where are the studies in ivermectin? Real world evidence shows it works. It is way past time for a different approach.
Here is a whole list of results from Ivermectin studies:

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelin...bles/table-2c/

Many show no difference between Ivermectin and placebo. Some show modest differences, a few show more significant difference. But none of these studies show ivermectin to be anywhere near as efficacious as the vaccine.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:58 PM

2,231 posts, read 2,400,166 times
I can't believe most people here don't care either way. This virus is making people nuts. How can people not mind wearing a mask? It's uncomfortable and looks so stupid.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Why are you worried about a group for whom this virus is rarely more than cold-like and who are not large spreaders of the virus? You’re not. You’re probably worried about the very slight chance they’re going to come in contact with you, and that your vaccine isn’t really going to protect you. And you shouldn’t. Vaccine means IF you get it, it will be mild for you, too.
Excellent observations and very good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.