Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 06:55 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Considering the person was highly experienced and currently serving as the lead counselor at the time I asked her somewhere around 2005 I give her answer plenty of credibility unlike your tired response.

As a district we have many who choose homeschooling or church based schools because of their faith values. Middle school is the point that many choose to return to the public school and its at that point that the shortfalls in their education are discovered as well as the lack of socialization with kids or people who don't believe the same thing s they do.
Middle school is when kids get bullied the most, and the new kids are fresh prey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Opinion:

Most parents are not capable of and/ or don’t have the temperament to home school their children, especially as the children age.
From personal experience and from some of my kids teachers, not all teachers have the temperament nor capable to be teachers either.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:31 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Middle school is when kids get bullied the most, and the new kids are fresh prey.
What does that have to do with anything, its the parent(s) who choose to migrate their kids into the public system at this point not the school districts.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:33 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
My youngest grandson was struggling in school. After a year of homeschooling,he is now a year ahead of his age.
My daughter was supposedly doing well in elementary school, but I found out that the teachers were marking her math answers correct if she was anywhere near close to the right answer. Close wasn't much close, either. She would have been failing math had the answers been graded correctly. They were doing it because they saw her as black and didn't want her to fail. She had maybe a kindergarten level of math ability at the end of the fifth grade. It was yet another reason that I chose to homeschool her.

Even though she fought and resisted me for those two years, when she was tested for placement when she went back to public school, she tested at the 8th grade level of math. She was doing so well in math after I was done trying with her that I had advanced her several grade levels and she was able to help her classmates with their math.

She could have advanced so much more had I not had to fight everyone to try and even parent my own child. All people could see was her skin and I was harassed by many people for the entire time I had her. I even had black women approach me when I was shopping when she was a baby telling me to give her up for adoption so she could be raised where she belongs. I had to make sure that I shopped mostly when she was in daycare or in school to avoid the harassment.

I was thinking about being a teacher, but I am not allowed to be in charge of children after the lies told against me when the government was giving my rapist custody of her because he was one of them and his skin was the right color.

I was so good with children that I was able to tutor kids that a lot of teachers were unable to handle. They had different learning issues than their classmates. There was a boy that was close to my daughter when she was about five or six. He would be withdrawn from the teacher and he took to me. His mom was impressed and said that none of his teachers could take care of him properly. I didn't even know that he had a problem until his mom said something. He always acted like a normal kid around me.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:43 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,473,611 times
I don't think the majority of parents are capable of home-schooling their kids. It might be preferable to sending them to school to be assaulted with the CRT garbage though.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:00 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Yes, I was bullied in school and was a introvert. Teachers do nothing about protecting those being bullied and yes the majority of teachers know it. Some kids thrive and some kids go threw nightmares. I use to wake up crying and sick to my stomach before school.
We had a local boy who hung himself. Turned out he left a note, the teacher was bullying him. The school did nothing.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:06 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
My youngest son is autistic. The school listed his IQ at 79. He hated school so much that he took all his senior classes in three sessions after school, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 90 minutes each afternoon. He was tested by an independent psychiatrist after graduation. He tested out with an IQ north of 150. The schools just can't handle smart kids.
He was most likely smarter than any of his teachers.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:22 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Amusing how so much misinformation persists about homeschooling. Homeschooled children out-perform public school educated kids in every category.
Homeschool Achievement Beats Public Schools | Homeschool | Home EDucators Resource Directory | HERD
https://homeeducator.com/homeschool-vs-public-school/
https://vittana.org/16-public-school...-pros-and-cons

For every failure of homeschooling, there are many many worse failures of the public school system. Covid-19 opened a lot of parents eyes. Remote learning meant you were going to have to re-teach everything to your kids and underscored how ineffective public schools really are at educating children. Many parents realized their children would be better just skipping the classroom and going straight to the part where the parents actually teach it all to them. Parents also get to opt out of ideological brainwashing for things like CRT, CRAP, DIE, Atheism, etc. If you can eliminate the brainwashing. You can eliminate the time wasted getting a classroom of 30+ to shut up and listen so the teacher can just begin teaching. You can eliminate reteaching kids things they already know. You also get to bond with your children in the process. Why wouldn't you homeschool??

Real world example: My aunt and uncle decided to go 100% homeschooling for their 7 children. My parents were both schoolteachers, so I heard the endless rants about how "They're failing their children!! This is terrible!! This is child abuse!!" What was the result? One double PHD, two other single PHDs, I think a Masters in there, and all but one got their 4 year degree, and they're having very successful lives. Their educational achievements surpass the family of 6 children I grew up in by quite a bit. None of us got our Masters, much less a PHD. My parents don't say much about their choice to homeschool anymore.

Here's another fun fact: In European history, sending your children to a public school system was something that peasants and poor people had to settle for. If you had money, you hired a private tutor and your children would be vastly better educated. One-on-one learning. The ability to customize the process to the children. The ability to turn the home environment into a place for maximum learning. Now that access to information is so widely available, you can do all that without the need to hire a tutor.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:30 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
The supporters will always praise it the detractors will always condemn it but each family makes it own decision. The reality is that like being a parent many are not qualified to teach their child and the child suffers in the long run but thats their choice.

A school counselor once told me that when the kids move back to Public School most often during Middle School the kids are usually fine academically but socially its a total crash & burn. Too many grow up in restrictive/limiting home environments where they are only exposed to like minded (same faith) kids and they are horrified when they learn that people think differently than them, its a hard lesson.
Homeschooling communities are diverse. There are as many liberal and granola, moms chanting in drum circles homeschool communities as there are religious communities where I am. Each are as restrictive/least restrictive according to ideology as the next.

Stop believing what the MSM tells you to believe.

Old 07-27-2021, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
We had a local boy who hung himself. Turned out he left a note, the teacher was bullying him. The school did nothing.
I hope that teacher was fired, unfortunately they just move to another school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies