Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 08:21 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,471,770 times

Advertisements

One day, the short bus crowd will “catch up” on BLM, and laugh alongside the rest of us at their utter insanity.

It just takes some longer to figure it all out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 08:24 AM

35,508 posts, read 17,765,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Assuming you have children: would you do this?

And even if you don't - if you did, would you do this?
No, I would not do this.

My kids worked hard to get into the schools they did, although they weren't Ivy League schools, and I wouldn't send them to a lowest tier school to make room for others.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:33 AM

77,920 posts, read 60,091,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No, I would not do this.

My kids worked hard to get into the schools they did, although they weren't Ivy League schools, and I wouldn't send them to a lowest tier school to make room for others.
Don't worry, now that they are out in the work force we can level things out now by seeking more diverse applicants for hiring and promotion to balance out their white privledge.

P.S. Anyone wanting to argue this isn't reality, this is what my relative says and they're a pretty far-left life long democrat that has worked fortune 500 Human Resources for decades. My other relative says it too but they're Trumper so you'd just dismiss their input as biased and perhaps rightly so.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:38 AM

77,920 posts, read 60,091,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
One day, the short bus crowd will “catch up” on BLM, and laugh alongside the rest of us at their utter insanity.

It just takes some longer to figure it all out.
BLM who? Rarely even see them in the press anymore. It's almost as if they're no longer trendy now that the election has passed.

Will be fascinating to watch the BLM donation totals for 2021.

I don't have the heart to prod my (very) liberal buddy who went to BLM marches etc. last year by asking him if he'd been to any BLM marches this year. I guess they fixed everything lol.

Seriously anyone over 35 that follows politics that didn't see this coming must have been in a coma to miss the parallels of the 2008 anti-war movement and it's demise in 2009 when no longer useful.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:43 AM

4,482 posts, read 5,316,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
BLM who? Rarely even see them in the press anymore. It's almost as if they're no longer trendy now that the election has passed.

Will be fascinating to watch the BLM donation totals for 2021.

I don't have the heart to prod my (very) liberal buddy who went to BLM marches etc. last year by asking him if he'd been to any BLM marches this year. I guess they fixed everything lol.

Seriously anyone over 35 that follows politics that didn't see this coming must have been in a coma to miss the parallels of the 2008 anti-war movement and it's demise in 2009 when no longer useful.
Excellent point. I clearly remember the Democratic Party's staunch opposition to Bush 43's invasion of Iraq (a decision I opposed and to this day continue to oppose). Once Obama took office, being "antiwar" became essentially "that's so 2003."

Old 07-26-2021, 08:51 AM

Well, things trend in the US. We are a country with serious ADHD, likely due to being descended from Immigrants.

Things come and go. We pick up trends, and go through them, and move on.

That's who we are. And it's our strength. To go through movements and move forward. Kind of in an ADHD way, though.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Well, things trend in the US. We are a country with serious ADHD, likely due to being descended from Immigrants.

Things come and go. We pick up trends, and go through them, and move on.

That's who we are. And it's our strength. To go through movements and move forward. Kind of in an ADHD way, though.
No.

Being "antiwar" came back into vogue when President Trump was in office. He was condemned for firing one missile into Syria. Yet Biden has been doing that and no one raises an eyebrow.

The things that are deemed "wrong" are only wrong if the "other party's candidate" is in office.

Deportations, for example. President Trump was routinely assailed as a racist for trying to crack down on illegal immigration. Yet a quick download of freely available Excel files from the government will show that per fiscal year, Obama deported about 3 million illegal aliens during his 8 years in office - about 1 million more than Bush 43 ever did. Year per year, Obama outdeported Bush at least 6 years.

The left was silent about that. Trump takes office and all this talk about "abolishing ICE" comes into play.

The left is hypocritical, and it counts on the weak historical memory of many people. But many of us pay attention and we do not forget.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
No, I would not do this.

Thank you for your honesty.

Let's say your children studied in school districts where there were specialized/talented programs/advanced tracks for children who got sufficiently high marks to qualify for such programs. If at the time your kids were about to take those programs, leftist activists protested them and the school district eliminated those exams, how would you have reacted and responded?

Old 07-26-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Thank you for your honesty.

Let's say your children studied in school districts where there were specialized/talented programs/advanced tracks for children who got sufficiently high marks to qualify for such programs. If at the time your kids were about to take those programs, leftist activists protested them and the school district eliminated those exams, how would you have reacted and responded?
My children DID attend schools with specialized programs and advanced tracks.

Some of my kids participated.

I never heard anyone from the left (or anyone, for that matter) disagree with those programs in high school, and heard concerned parents and educators disagree with TAG in elementary school because in participating in the Talented curriculum, the kids miss the basics like memorizing multiplication tables.

Does that answer your question? Not sure where you're going with this, except maybe you believe I'm on the far left, and not in the center?

Old 07-26-2021, 09:06 AM

21,402 posts, read 10,477,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
This poster most likely believes everyone should, but himself, or may not have children.
Oh I’m sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies