Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 03:27 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Nope, hydroxychloroquine doesn't work. From Nature, 2021

Mortality outcomes with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in COVID-19 from an international collaborative meta-analysis of randomized trials

"This collaborative meta-analysis of 28 published or unpublished RCTs, including 10,319 patients, shows that treatment with HCQ was associated with increased mortality in COVID-19 patients, and there was no benefit from treatment with CQ. "

I'll underline it again for emphasis: hydroxychloroquine is associated with increased mortality.
HCQ did its best to kill my BIL when it was used to treat his presumed covid- the 'perfectly safe' drug can cause heart issues and he came out of the first hospital stay needing heart valve surgery as soon as hospitals opened up for elective procedures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 03:34 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,574,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Aside from the fact that the study is 15 (!!!) years old and talks about Cholorquine, you can't convince me that the anti-vaxxers, anti-science, MAGA folks actually read the article, much less understood it.

That's quite a leap to go from worshipping someone who suggested ingesting bleach to understanding this: "Under normal conditions, we observed two immunoreactive ACE2 forms, migrating at ~105 and ~113 kDa, respectively (Fig. ​(Fig.5B,5B, lane 1). The ~105-kDa protein is endoglycosidase H sensitive, suggesting that it represents the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) localized form, whereas the ~113-kDa protein is endoglycosidase H resistant and represents the Golgi-modified form of ACE2 [19]. The specificity of the antibody was confirmed by displacing the immunoreactive protein bands with excess cold-soluble human recombinant ACE2"

Sorry, not buying it.

Well, if we were to judge who is correct by who constantly relies on degrading insults and unsubstantiated lies instead of provable facts and scientific studies then the VAX-hesitant are the automatic winners...

Grow up.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
You ever heard of the saying "standing on the shoulders of giants"?

I think they said that in Jurassic Park.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:36 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Actually, it does and has worked marvelously, left-wing rags not withstanding
No, it really doesn't.

"Frontline Doctors" and that nut-job Zelenko not withstanding.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:38 PM

6,115 posts, read 4,606,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
HCQ did its best to kill my BIL when it was used to treat his presumed covid- the 'perfectly safe' drug can cause heart issues and he came out of the first hospital stay needing heart valve surgery as soon as hospitals opened up for elective procedures.
I'm sorry he was given an inappropriate treatment. I hope he is doing okay now.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Yes, yes it does. How many times has the virus mutated since that study 15 years ago?

I'm not saying that the study is not a good starting point, or doesn't have relevant information. I'm saying that resting on the laurels of a 15 year old study and implying that it's the "gotcha" is where the error is.

Well that and...again...I would wager many of the MAGA crowd here didn't read/understand the technical language, yet are implying that the study is the end all/be all. It wouldn't be so laughable but for the fact that they believe the guy who suggested ingesting bleach can do no wrong.

I'm going to need proof. A link maybe to him saying that? (I've heard what he said, and it wasn't anywhere near that)

Old 07-26-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
May I assume you mean the purveyors of fake news?

There is a basic structural difference between primate and human cells and lab grown vs human cells.

BTW, NIH does not approve medicine.

Trump was taking hydroxychloroquine. It did not prevent him from being infected. He was not treated with hydroxychloroquine. Trump chose to vaccinate in early January, just 3 months after being hospitalized with Covid.

It's awesome how 20/20 hindsight can make anyone look like a genius. He was throwing ideas out that had been mentioned to him by medical professionals and scientists. Weird how THEY got the benefit of the doubt that early on but he is not only thrown under the bus but CONSTANTLY misquoted to make him look worse.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:47 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Different studies... Compare the retraction page with the one I posted.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is the truly remarkable thing about people still pushing hcq because they can’t admit Trump was wrong. The facts of his own case clearly demonstrated the ineffectiveness of hcq against covid.
Do you think he researched HCQ himself or was it brought to his attention by "experts"? Sometimes it's best to consider the source. Something you should be very familiar with when it comes to your guy.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
So I wonder if Remdesivir and Ivermectin are also misinformation?

Duh, only Remdesivir works because it's very expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies