Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 10:30 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, the test cannot determine kung flu from the flu-flu, but it can tell that is is the "Delta"
Got it!
The VERY first response in this thread explained this to you very clearly. This thread is nonsense.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:30 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,940,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, the test cannot determine kung flu from the flu-flu, but it can tell that is is the "Delta"
Got it!
No, you don't got it.

Ugh this just makes me despair.

These variants are real and pretty effin serious. I'm getting scared for our way of life, globally, for everyone - vaxxed, unvaxxed, smart, stupid, good, bad or ignorant. It's starting to look ugly.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:33 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Not sure how it’s determined but the symptoms seem to be a little different. I know my son has pneumonia because if COVID and is in the ICU. whether it’s delta the labs may know. ??
On another issue-
Now 3 days after waiting on mods to respond - and nothing … I’m going to say this -
On my ratings someone wrote - “I hope your son dies of COVID.” There are very evil people on this forum. I know God looking after my family and that person better understand what a boomerang is. I expect now I’ll be punished or banned from CD- but I Now wonder if some folks are happy people are dying.
I hope your son gets better soon. I'm sure he can fight this.
We have a very close friend who also is in the icu. He got keto acidosis. He also was covid positive. Not sure covid was the trigger though. He was vaccinated by the way.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:39 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
If you don't believe anything you read, why do you keep reading and researching and posting about COVID?
Some people are only going to research the negative information to spread around. They look for all the misinformation that agrees with them, and never research any positive info, it's just all negative all the time.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:47 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
Not sure how it’s determined but the symptoms seem to be a little different. I know my son has pneumonia because if COVID and is in the ICU. whether it’s delta the labs may know. ??
On another issue-
Now 3 days after waiting on mods to respond - and nothing … I’m going to say this -
On my ratings someone wrote - “I hope your son dies of COVID.” There are very evil people on this forum. I know God looking after my family and that person better understand what a boomerang is. I expect now I’ll be punished or banned from CD- but I Now wonder if some folks are happy people are dying.
Prayers for your son, I would not wish this on anyone and that was very low of that person.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:49 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'd like to see more reporting on this.

Is there a COVID test for the delta variant?

Also, what is the mortality rate? I heard they were lower. Okay, lower for which age groups, lower for which comorbidity? Is there an age group contracting this virus more easily, and is their an age group dying more from it, or dying less??? I see all these news articles stirring up a panic about the Delta Variant, so how are they able to say this if the tests for the variant are unreliable?
This is interesting to me from the article.

However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can look at specific cases of the coronavirus through genetic sequencing. But there isn’t a specific test that will tell you if you have the delta variant.

If there isn't a specific test - then we really don't know what's being spread... do we?

How many cases have they actually sequenced?

Old 07-30-2021, 12:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
The virologists worst nightmare was created.
The delta, is from the VAX'd shedding the virus. NBC and USA Today reported about it just this week.

https://www.infowars.com/posts/delta...ment-suggests/

Old 07-30-2021, 12:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
On another issue-
That kinda crap doesn't fly! Only a coward would do that disgusting crap. The Mods will be right on that for sure. It has happened to me before too. Last time was just last week. I got a rep with a message, "you're a moron"
The cowards that do that, don't know they have a timeout or kickout coming.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:06 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I hope your son gets better soon. I'm sure he can fight this.
We have a very close friend who also is in the icu. He got keto acidosis. He also was covid positive. Not sure covid was the trigger though. He was vaccinated by the way.
Thank you . He is very weak but pushing through. Because of kidneys was going to check about the vax but this delta is on fire. For a year nobody i knew was sick - now it’s going around n fast. I was 1/2 vaxed and with the treatments I did fairly well. Still tire easy- but just praying my son pulls through.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:09 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
Ask yourself why this administration is delaying releasing the new tests that can distinguish between flu and Covid until next year. Is it okay to misdiagnose patients and give them the wrong treatment? Wouldn't that drive up hospitalizations and deaths?

Think logically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies