Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 12:37 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Lol, back to that now?
Trump raised the birther thing about McCain, Cruz and Obama. yawn.

McCain and Cruz weren't being called liars and fakers about where they were born. Circumstances and locations weren't disputed. The question with them was...with their unquestioned circumstances...are they Natural Born Citizens. With Obama...all of those things were questioned. Cruz and McCain were barely a blip on Trump's radar re this, yet with Obama he harped on this for years. You know why, you just will never admit it because it would mean giving an inch.

Both of us have been in at least one thread about this that went on for hundreds of pages and neither of us budged an inch.

I only bring it up when people whine or deny re Trump and racism. I'm not going to stop doing that, so if you feel the need to reply when I do that, and are not violating the TOS, there is nothing I can do about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 12:40 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The capitol riot was no hoax and neither is this investigation.
Ooops, you accurately called it a riot. You're commie card may be revoked for that.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Republican is a Party. It isn’t a philosophy. Republicans have a Constitutional conservative philosophy. Unfortunately there are those who assign to the Republican Party who do not have a conservative world view.

1. What is your definition of the bolded ?

2. Within your/that definition do you see Trump as having consistently supported that ?

Old 07-28-2021, 12:51 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Between May 30 and June 2 2020, the height of the racial justice protests, 427 "unrest-related" arrests were made in D.C., including 24 juveniles, the police department says.

On June 1 alone, more than five times the number of people were arrested than on the day the Capitol was stormed, with 289 people booked.

The day before also saw a high number of arrests — 90 — nearly double the number seen on Jan. 6th.

14,000. That's the estimated number of arrests made across 49 U.S. cities during anti-racism protests last summer.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=684f4c295706

But gee, how come no BLM protestors were ever brought to justice? I mean, aside from the 14,000 that were. It's unfair, I tell you!
so simply being arrested means they were 'brought to justice'?

that's simply idiotic.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I have my criticisms of Trump. I have also had my criticisms of Reagan as well. I don’t know a conservative who supports those who rioted on January 6th and this commission isn’t about getting to the truth. How about they have Capitol police officers who saw things differently testify? Of course that won’t happen because this commission is a Soviet show trial.

It is “us vs them.” If you’re a leftist, you’re the enemy. I want nothing to do with them. Leftism is antithetical to Americanism and the Constitution.

No, it isn't.

Each person has individual viewpoints. Often a person's particular viewpoints can't be neatly fit into a box, and disagreeing with you on a particular issue doesn't make someone a leftist and also doesn't make that person non conservative. Just like not voting for Trump doesn't do those things either. Not voting for Trump doesn't mean voting for Biden. It can also mean writing someone in who is extremely conservative. Additionally, no one made you the arbiter of a line along a political spectrum that makes anyone to the left of such a line, in totality, 'on the left'/a leftist.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:25 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The original birther. He is the one who started the whole scam because he hated Obama for being black and successful.
Nope, that would be Hillary.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Ooops, you accurately called it a riot. You're commie card may be revoked for that.

^^^^^

No matter where one sits politically....THAT is funny .

Old 07-28-2021, 01:30 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
1. What is your definition of the bolded ?

2. Within your/that definition do you see Trump as having consistently supported that ?
In a nutshell, liberty and individualism rather than tyranny and conformity. Constitutional conservatism is a philosophical world view that molds to the nature of man rather than leftism or Marxism where man conforms to its ideology.

Yes, Trump has proven to be the most constitutional conservative president since Reagan and Coolidge.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Nope, that would be Hillary.

I can just about guarantee I dislike Hillary more than you do, but the above isn't true.

Those were the PUMA people (stands for Party Unity My A**). They were Hillary supporters, but they didn't have any official connection to Hillary herself/to the campaign.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:51 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, it isn't.

Each person has individual viewpoints. Often a person's particular viewpoints can't be neatly fit into a box, and disagreeing with you on a particular issue doesn't make someone a leftist and also doesn't make that person non conservative. Just like not voting for Trump doesn't do those things either. Not voting for Trump doesn't mean voting for Biden. It can also mean writing someone in who is extremely conservative. Additionally, no one made you the arbiter of a line along a political spectrum that makes anyone to the left of such a line, in totality, 'on the left'/a leftist.
I never stated people’s views can be neatly fit in a box. You are either for America or against it and leftism is antithetical to Americanism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies