Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 07:39 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
This the Same rhetoric they tried to put on Colin Kaepernick.
Leave Simone alone
crapernick was a bad qb and who tried to cry raaaaacism because he sucked. Biles just couldn't hang so she's not really a bad person she just quit cause her chosen life was too stressful. that's allowed to happen but you're not the goat after that happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 08:39 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And funny, no one complains when China or Japan wins, that they don't have a more diverse team.
China especially is not a diverse society. I would not expect Chinese athletes to be diverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
She was bribed by China to drop out? She made a mockery of the games? You hope she becomes a crack addict and dies?

Forget Simone - y’all are the ones with mental health issues.
I wonder what the DSM-V code is for "ass[hat]"?

Old 08-04-2021, 09:01 AM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
crapernick was a bad qb and who tried to cry raaaaacism because he sucked. Biles just couldn't hang so she's not really a bad person she just quit cause her chosen life was too stressful. that's allowed to happen but you're not the goat after that happens.
She got Third Place in her event. She is a loser.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:03 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Well this thread suddenly took a dark turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
She was bribed by China to drop out? She made a mockery of the games? You hope she becomes a crack addict and dies?

Forget Simone - y’all are the ones with mental health issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
At this point, there are just some people not worth talking to. When someone I don't see it as "mental health issues". I just see some individuals who lack empathy, who are petulant, have the bully mindset, and a jerk-like attitude. This is the kind of crap stuff like you and me are dealing with. Sometimes some people aren't worth having this conversation with.
All Above,
Keep in mind that most of these Poster in this forum are either Russian trolls posing as US Citizens, or the wave of Storm Front throw a way's from when their site temporally went down a number years back. Pay their Misinformation and offten racist Rhetoric No Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
As long as he got under your Skin I'm Ok with whatever he did. Oh yea, The NFL and Nike paid him a bunch of money too make you REAL Patriots feel, and look bad, "he's kneeling during the Anthem Waaaa"!

How does that sit with you?

Old 08-04-2021, 09:05 AM

18,074 posts, read 15,664,302 times
There was talk in various sectors that Biles was pulling out to "protect her brand," which means not losing sponsorships due to a poor performance. I notice she came back for an individual event, which is more valuable, potentially, for getting top sponsor $$$.

At elite athlete levels the $$$ made from sponsorships and endorsements are worth many millions. Biles' team, meaning her agents, would absolutely be looking at what would protect her marketability. Sorry to say, it's really all about money at the end of the day.

Old 08-04-2021, 12:04 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
For those of you who went out of your way to attack Simone Biles and say cruel and obnoxious things about her for pulling out of the events....

It was just revealed last night that Simone Biles' closest aunt died the day before she withdrew from the all around. So forgive her if she was a bit mentally checked out.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1422766087091937285

Old 08-04-2021, 01:06 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
For those of you who went out of your way to attack Simone Biles and say cruel and obnoxious things about her for pulling out of the events....

It was just revealed last night that Simone Biles' closest aunt died the day before she withdrew from the all around. So forgive her if she was a bit mentally checked out.

I think some people are cruel and obnoxious because it makes them feel better about themselves. It's the bully mentality.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:14 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

I honestly don’t believe for a second that this will make any difference. A person with no empathy can’t be helped.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:39 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think some people are cruel and obnoxious because it makes them feel better about themselves. It's the bully mentality.
This^^^^
Hurt People Hurt

Old 08-04-2021, 02:57 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
It's weird the mainstream media never mentioned her ADHD medicines are illegal in Japan, and thus she may not have taken her pills on time.
It seems she takes both methylphenidate (Ritalin) and dextroamphetamine.

I understand ADHD needs to be controlled, but those medicines also enhance performance, which gives the athletes an edge. It is difficult to find a boundary.

https://www.insider.com/simone-biles...ormance-2021-7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies