Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 02:32 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times

Advertisements

I have trouble believing that the vaccination spreads it more than anything else but I think it is obvious that anyone who is vaccinated can have a viral load and, since they are walking around maskless and doing whatever, they are spreading it.

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Why don't we try to be honest here?

The title should be Vaccinated people can spread the virus.

The vaccine doesn't spread the virus. It limits the spread and more importantly greatly limits deaths. Which is why the UK is open now

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Meanwhile covid infected foreigners of which we know nothing more about , are being placed in your community on your dime. They can surely spread it.

Old 07-28-2021, 02:34 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I'm not misinformed, there are NO restrictions here anymore, none, the level of infection is half what it was a week ago, the first time, the first place where the infection is shrinking WITHOUT going into any kind of lockdown first. Of course a resistant strain may come along and put a spanner in the works but so far so good. One MP today said in the UK Covid is now all over by the shouting, I do hope he's not tempting fate though!
That's quite a different picture from what I get from my wife who works for a UK company that is still dealing with travel restrictions etc..

Old 07-28-2021, 02:35 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
If there was any truth whatsoever in this then the UK would simply NOT be in the position it's in now. Thanks to the vaccine the Covid crisis is nearly finished here.

Oh yeah? Is that why they locked down ever harder for the Delta variant compared to the original strain?

Old 07-28-2021, 02:36 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The vaccine does not spread the virus

Unmasked, infected people spread the virus.

So sad to make up a thread title just to scare people.
Hahaha... kind of like watching the nightly news!

Old 07-28-2021, 02:39 PM

25,735 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The vaccine does not spread the virus

Unmasked, infected people spread the virus.

So sad to make up a thread title just to scare people.
Statistically speaking, cloth masks do nothing to block viruses. You've been told to wear a mask as a feel-good measure and to keep the herd from stampeding, because by God, we HAVE to do something... even if that something is 97% useless and possibly detrimental to long-term health.

Putting a plastic grocery bag over your head and duct taping around the bottom would block viruses. Care to try that and take one for the team?

Old 07-28-2021, 02:40 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How do you think things are going in Israel?
Well its my understanding that, just like in the UK, the vaccine has cut the link between virus and death:-

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/israel/

Here in the UK the vaccine cut the link between virus and death, so the government lifted restrictions, the infection rate of the Delta variant went up, yet unlike previous 'waves' death rates did not, therefore (unlike previous waves) the government DID NOT go into lockdown, now that 88% of adults have had at least one jab it seems (hopefully) that the virus is running out of people to infect here (dare I say herd immunity) and the infection rates are going down despite the country being completely COMPLETELY out of ALL lockdowns.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Of course its early days, but SO FAR it looks like the vaccination drive in the UK IS starting to work no!?

Old 07-28-2021, 02:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How do you think things are going in Israel?
Zero deaths yesterday. Seven day average of one a day.

I'd say that's pretty darn good.

Old 07-28-2021, 02:52 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well now, how about that. I expect the kungflu proponents to dismiss this right off. Certainly wouldn't want this information getting out and lending even more doubt about getting the shot.

https://beckernews.com/new-evidence-...article-40546/
Probably comes from the same "medical experts" and "unnamed officials" who said COVID could not be spread from person to person, or that COVID was only being spread thru contact with contaminated surfaces.

All of these "experts" should be ignored until we have proof from multiple independently reviewed clinical studies. These "unnamed officials" should not receive the time of day, much less be cited as sources by NB freaking C
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies