Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 08:02 AM

14,928 posts, read 9,778,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Last time I do your research for you because you refuse to read anything that doesn’t sync with your worldview

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...-school-staff/

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/20...governor-says/

And then only because Biden forced him to

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...q5y-story.html
Not true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Biden won 47% of Florida. 62% of Florida wants masks required in school. It is not the left vs the right. It is parents, educators, and people who are tired of Florida covid vs Desantis. Please stop with this culture war bull****.

If anything, Desantis is fueling this culture war. One-sided executive orders, selling anti-Fauci merchandise, attacking Biden simply because hes close to Trump, pandering to everyone not in Florida, blaming illegal immigrants for the Florida surge - when Florida is 1,000 miles from Mexico.

I literally saw someone say the reason Spirit Airlines cancelled so many flights last week was so they could "fly the illegals overnight" to different cities. Yall are insane. Dump out the kool aid already.

The private school that Desantis' own kids attend: has required masks. His own kids are wearing a mask at school because it is required. Has Ron fought them on it? No. Yet Desantis wont let the 74 public districts in the state make their own decisions - like his kids private school did - a decision that they want to make...because they want to fuel a culture war? Do you not hear yourself? And I presume you see no issue with this hypocrisy. Where is the outrage from Ron and his loyal legion on his kids being forced to wear a mask? Oh yes, the outrage is selective.

I'm glad the majority of Florida is seeing Desantis ****. He may as well stay in Las Vegas.
If what you say is true about Governor DeSantis kids and private schools... I can't find anything on that. How about some information so it's not just as you say.... BS.

i have posted links for and against masks, the science, various opinions, personal experiences and the results of other polls. I haven't 'peddled' in BS.

Your late to the 'discussion' and now it's becoming a circle of the same-o-same-o politically infused opinions.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:26 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,813,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Not true
Why do you think local tv news is lying to you? I mean the Sinclair Broadcasting lips are problematic as heck but even there the purely local contact despite evil corporate overlords is generally reasonably accurate

Old 08-11-2021, 09:11 AM

3,467 posts, read 1,398,453 times
Quote:
Kids get sick... imagine that.

No one wants kids to get sick especially parents... and they get the right to determine if their kids wear masks or not. In fact if they want kids to wear masks 'forever'... they can do that too.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/masks-c...dc-11628432716

The problem is, if you have a class with half the kids not wearing masks and half wearing masks, then it's pointless. Because in order to prevent any virus spread, ALL kids need to wear masks. A regular cloth or surgical mask is best in preventing an infected person from spreading. It can protect the wearer, but not much and that's not helpful considering young kids aren't vaccinated and need to rely on the masks for sole protection. If you have classroom where some kids are wearing masks and some aren't, then those kids who are wearing masks need to upgrade their masks to N95 masks, which is cruel to ask a child to wear all day at school.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:12 AM

9,318 posts, read 16,651,552 times
Quote:
It appears advocates for masks and lockdowns are claiming Florida was either committing murder or suicide; choose your favorite metaphor... while in fact Florida is doing it's best to deal with this pandemic is a strategic way.

I know it's hard to grasp how complex things are when the prism you see the world through is, without color, form or functionality. Reality is truth and that is how Gov. DeSantis see things... in color.

Difficult concept for Biden's buddies.
DeSantis is giving you a choice and freedom to do what you think is right versus mandated by a dictatorship administration.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:16 AM

628 posts, read 285,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
DeSantis is giving you a choice and freedom to do what you think is right versus mandated by a dictatorship administration.
Your choice to do what YOU think is right ends where it impacts the health and life of others in contact with your kids. We don't get to do what WE think is right to the exclusion of others' rights. So that is the most vacuous argument I've heard - and everyone keeps spouting it non stop. Talk about 'Polly want a cracker'. Think people, honestly.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:17 AM

17,531 posts, read 39,089,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Exactly! ^^^ Luv my guv!

Old 08-11-2021, 09:19 AM

9,318 posts, read 16,651,552 times
Default Illegals headed from Texas to FL: unvaccinated

Blame lies on Kackles and Dementia Joe.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/des...grants-florida

Old 08-11-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Why do you think local tv news is lying to you? I mean the Sinclair Broadcasting lips are problematic as heck but even there the purely local contact despite evil corporate overlords is generally reasonably accurate
What teacher can not get a vaccine now. It's a mute point. The teachers, specifically the teachers union wanted teacher moved to the front of the line. Initially that was rejected and for good reason. Now anyone including teachers can get a vaccine. However if you check... teachers are vaccinating at a lower rate then the national average, however I do believe that will change.

NYC educators are only vaccinated at a 60% as of last week. I would suggest that reflects a national average of who has already received the vax

Old 08-11-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Your choice to do what YOU think is right ends where it impacts the health and life of others in contact with your kids. We don't get to do what WE think is right to the exclusion of others' rights. So that is the most vacuous argument I've heard - and everyone keeps spouting it non stop. Talk about 'Polly want a cracker'. Think people, honestly.
OK lets say for a moment we need to examine that. Please show me the data, that supports your position and I will entertain the discussion.... again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies