Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2021, 02:00 PM

5,533 posts, read 2,255,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
For those who wanted more info about the photo of people laying on the floor waiting for the governors solution.. here's a tv broadcast about it.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...d-e8db9d0c0d4b
The "mobile" clinic touted by DeSantis only lasted a couple of days. It was too small and understaffed. They moved the clinic into a public library, but didn't have enough chairs in the makeshift waiting room of the library so people used the floor. Now they are getting more chairs and more cots because the wait is several hours for treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 02:04 PM

3,435 posts, read 1,379,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
And here he is telling people to take caution in getting booster shots!

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...antis-booster/

Booster shots don't fund his political donors or his kids trust funds!

I actually 100% agree with him on that. There's too much flip flopping on boosters. Before running out and getting it, I am going to be talking to my doctor and/or probably will get an antibody test done first to determine if I really need it.

Old 08-19-2021, 03:52 PM

14,730 posts, read 9,679,171 times
Remember none of this is approved by the FDA yet. No reason to suspect it won't, so like TWS says... consult your doctor first. The time I heard to wait before a booster is 8 months. First jab in Feb, second one in March. For those with natural immunity and anti bodies... I'd wait to see which vaccine is most compatible. I know there's another vaccine in the pipe line that uses a more 'traditional' method for the vaccine.

So if the recommendation holds... I'm available to get mine in November.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I agree, president 2024 he is by far the best politician in office in the US right now
If you like morons.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:55 PM

628 posts, read 1,313,186 times
Alachua county has now mandated a new mask ordinance for the general public in all indoor areas. Wonder how long before this goes to court?

Old 08-19-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If you like morons.
How is it you find yourself the expert on morons? Does the ole adage still apply? I say it does.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Alachua county has now mandated a new mask ordinance for the general public in all indoor areas. Wonder how long before this goes to court?
Next week.

Three counties out of 67 have done so... Dade, Broward and Alachua and now Palm Beach county. I'm sure a few more will follow.

Parents who wish their children to go unmasked can enroll in private school on the states dime. I don't see a problem I only see solutions with good options.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:33 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,791,900 times
Talked to a coworker in FL today. Her unvaxed HS daughter now has covid for the second time. Pretty bad case. Kid refuses to mask and she won't push her to do so. No mask requirement in school and NO contact tracing, which blows my mind.

She said there would have been a 2 week wait to get tested where they live. She was able to get a home test at a drugstore.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:44 PM

628 posts, read 1,313,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Next week.

Three counties out of 67 have done so... Dade, Broward and Alachua and now Palm Beach county. I'm sure a few more will follow.

Parents who wish their children to go unmasked can enroll in private school on the states dime. I don't see a problem I only see solutions with good options.
Dade, Broward and Alachua had mask mandates for schools but I didn't see mandates for the general public in those counties. Alachua county commission voted last night for masks for everybody.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:46 PM

19,649 posts, read 9,192,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Talked to a coworker in FL today. Her unvaxed HS daughter now has covid for the second time. Pretty bad case. Kid refuses to mask and she won't push her to do so. No mask requirement in school and NO contact tracing, which blows my mind.

She said there would have been a 2 week wait to get tested where they live. She was able to get a home test at a drugstore.
Thanks for posting. I wonder how many COVID cases are repeat cases? However, I just found the current chart, and older people are still significantly more likely to be hospitalized. https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/covid19_3.html

However, if the number of younger people being hospitalized greatly increases, that is the kind of info that maybe the CDC should publicize with some new and current data about how many kids and the under-60's are now coming down with COVID. Although I am not vaccinated because I am very suspicious about the COVID vaccines, if I lived in a more populated area, I would be much more likely to "give in" and get the vaccines if I was convinced that if I did not do so, I would be putting younger people at risk.

(Where I live now, the average age is about 62 -- I am 68 -- and we are in a low-case area, so I have been very stubborn about not wanting to get a vaccine as the risk of injury to both myself and to others has been VERY low. I only know one person in my community who got COVID and it was a very mild case.)

Last edited by katharsis; 08-19-2021 at 06:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies