Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 10:48 AM

34,041 posts, read 17,056,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

The other.....grrrr...... we are now up to $17K in arrears. Has not paid one dime since the first moratorium went in effect. Not one. When our property manager has attempted to talk to him first words out are about the moratorium. Now he wants to just pay his August rent and pretend the rest of that back rent doesn’t exist. He thinks he doesn’t have to pay it back. The eviction paperwork is written up and just waiting for July to end. I don’t care if I can’t rent the place for 10 years, he’s moving as soon as I can force his body out of there.
If I were you, I'd be there for his moving out playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyvvEWHodk

and do remember when a future landlord calls regarding him, you have the right to detail the last 2 years with your nightmare tenant to them.

I hope he ends up living in his car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 10:53 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Some people in Kentucky filed a claim back last year and they never had their claims processed.

Then some people had their claims processed but something like 19? crooked unemployment workers had the money going to their own accounts and the claimants were receiving nothing while the system said that they were. There was never a follow up story on that. The offices were closed to the public and the victims could not get anyone on the phone.

There's no telling how many victims there were.

And then some of the employees filed fake claims for real people who had not lost their jobs and were having the money going in their own accounts. A doctor in Lexington KY had this happen to him and he found out because the government found out that he was working the whole time and was going after him for the money.

So far I have not seen any handcuffs going on these people, and the government is trying to keep it quiet as possible. There's been little bits hit the news and then it went quiet with no follow ups.
Please don’t use the word VICTIM. If you live within your means, build that nest egg for times of need and maybe keep your legs closed from time to time you may not be in a housing or living crisis.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:54 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,534 times
Forcing people to provide their services for free is slavery.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:58 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,764,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Please don’t use the word VICTIM. If you live within your means, build that nest egg for times of need and maybe keep your legs closed from time to time you may not be in a housing or living crisis.
This is a great simplification. I have no kids, I am worth less than 28K per year in the job market (despite having a college education). I wish life was as simple as you make it out to be.

LL's should not have to pay for non-paying tenants. But our nation is facing an unaffordable housing crises and this should at least be acknowledged.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:26 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I hear some people saying this while others saying no, it will not be a repeat of 2008.
But what you are saying make sense.
I definitely don't think it's going to be 2008 bad, but could be more like the 2-3 others in the 20 years prior to that.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:28 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Definitely not a very Democrat message to send, but landlords have been getting murdered over the past year and a half. Free ride ends. Had to happen eventually.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:28 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
This is a great simplification. I have no kids, I am worth less than 28K per year in the job market (despite having a college education). I wish life was as simple as you make it out to be.

LL's should not have to pay for non-paying tenants. But our nation is facing an unaffordable housing crises and this should at least be acknowledged.
So why should a property owner take a hit while others live free? Life is as simple or as complex as you make it. FYI college eduction isn’t always the best way to prosper in life.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:32 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,339,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Saturday.html

Yikes, talk about a man with no sympathy. No wonder 50% of Americans ignore him and refuse to get a vaccine, he has yet to make any good decision and has broken every promise. I can see the buyers remorse from Democrats now.
Apparently he failed to consult with Pelosi and AOC before making this decision. Smartest thing he's done since taking office.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:36 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
I agree. I am already seeing it when I check to see what apartments are now going for in my building (up around 20%).

But I also think the new cash child tax payouts are playing a role. Government can't give millions in the country a raise (in the form of child tax credits cash) at the same time without markets responding accordingly.
Agreed.

Big question will be where the renters that get evicted end up in terms of demand\supply impacts.

Gonna be a big surge in bankruptcies too imo, people basically made up their mind that post-covid they'd just start over as their credit from eviction will be garbage anyway so credit card and other dischargeable debts may spike.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:20 PM

34,041 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:

You can make up what you need in income via multiple jobs. I know some in my town working more than 60 hours a week, as Americans have done for ages. I am an exempt employee who does more than 50 regularly during busy times of year.

We do not prohibit people from working as many hours as they wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies