Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 07:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
We have to identify reality before we can change it. This eviction moratorium is a theft of assets. It is the state forcibly coming into your property and literally stealing your earnings. Forcing you, against your will, to keep a deadbeat occupying a property you earned and own and telling you that you have to give free accommodations to a deadbeat for months and months and months. How did we get to this point? And why aren’t people burning down buildings and destroying neighborhoods? Why are there no protests as the state literally becomes a looter?
I'm standing in the parking lot of Home Depot with a brick in my hand. Where is everybody?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 07:20 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
If I were a landlord, I would put a lien on their vehicles.
I would evict them and push it to the supreme court, who would hand zhoe's ass to him.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:59 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What if they don't have vehicles to put a lien on? There are many renters that don't have cars.
Most renters walk in my hood and have no cars my man.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:27 AM

1,926 posts, read 557,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wasn't talking about the relief. I was talking about Covid-19 itself. If not for Covid-19, we wouldn't even be talking about this. We have vaccines, but some refuse to take them. Other people are looking for ways to keep grifting.
Who is doing the grifting and what do vaccines, taken or not, have to do with the eviction moratorium?

Old 08-06-2021, 08:29 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I don't have a 5% down-payment, on a house I would want, that would be $25k in cold hard cash. I have only 1/5th of that right now (and that's more than most Americans have in savings)
you can't get a decent house under $500K in PHX? Come on.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:04 AM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The CDC eviction ban did not matter to some States and/or the judges within that State.

The CDC banned evictions. Tens of thousands have still occurred

"... in September, the CDC made an unprecedented announcement: Most evictions had to be halted through the end of the year. Dr. Robert R. Redfield, director of the CDC, signed a declaration that said evictions could get in the way of the nation’s attempts at curbing the coronavirus.
<snip>
... many of the statewide bans were in place for 10 weeks or less. North Dakota and Iowa halted the proceedings for only about a month.

Meanwhile, seven states, including Ohio, Georgia and Wyoming, never stopped evictions."

CDC 'protections' was never law to begin with, why are we thinking it's law now? What I see are people wasting time and taxpayer money ... Meanwhile back at the ranch, cases are going before the courts and the judge in that courtroom will decide.
This ruling is a violation of the 5th Amendment. Biden should be impeached as soon as the GOP takes over in 2022.

Last edited by Annandale_Man; 08-06-2021 at 09:16 AM..

Old 08-06-2021, 09:13 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
How about motels, lots of poor people have been living in motels, do they get to stay for free too?

Old 08-06-2021, 09:15 AM

21,873 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
This ruling is a violation of the 5th Amendment. Biden should be impeached as soon as the GOP takes over in 2020.
It's August so better chop chop. This is the month Trump is reinstated, right?

Old 08-06-2021, 09:17 AM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
It's August so better chop chop. This is the month Trump is reinstated, right?
I meant 2022. I revised my comment.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:20 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have little sympathy. Congress passed a bill that included some 45 billion dollars in rental relief.

Yet, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bill said that the tenants, not the landlords, must file for the money so it can be paid to their landlords. If the tenants do not file, the landlords get nothing.

I am not sure about whether landlords could file so that their mortgage companies get money. Many landlords have lost their properties.

I imagine this has been discussed herein, but it is many pages now.
generally, the landlords can file as well, but it requires the cooperation of the tenant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies