Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 03:31 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,021,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I can see your head needs some adjusting. First ladies are not queens, or Gods to be honored. Everyone earns respect and it is not automatically given to them. Hog-The-Camera Jill is not "special" and I don't bow down to her. By the way, I never saw a post from you when the Dems called President Trump every name in the book!
re: trump (Melania)

they said, they didn't like it with "michelle, melania and now Jill..."

so, your protest is invalid.

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-01-2021 at 03:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2021, 03:47 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Count yourself as a paragon of virtue.

Although,. . . no one works for free, even the first lady. She's well taken care of.
So in the same way your wife is, or your mother - and by that I mean wives, in general? - that is unless their husbands are jerks.

Decent husbands are decent providers and share their lifestyle with their wife and family - so I'm not sure why it's necessary to take a jab at Jill Biden.

Strictly speaking, no first lady is obligated to "work" for the country. I mean look at just how little Melania did - she couldn't even decorate a Christmas tree without complaining!

Old 08-01-2021, 06:18 PM

9,699 posts, read 14,185,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
re: trump (Melania)

they said, they didn't like it with "michelle, melania and now Jill..."

so, your protest is invalid.
Sorry, your defense is weak, and you missed the point. Like "it" or not, none of the first ladies are immune from criticism.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry, your defense is weak, and you missed the point. Like "it" or not, none of the first ladies are immune from criticism.
Feel free to criticize away.

May I point out that Jill Biden, first lady of the United States, still works as an educator?

Maybe you don't like teachers...

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-01-2021 at 06:30 PM..

Old 08-01-2021, 06:23 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,843,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That isn't funny. It's immature, stupid and petty minded.

Exactly. This poster’s sense of humor didn’t progress past high school. Let’s laugh at a guy with a substance abuse problem and laugh at his mom for good measure.

Old 08-01-2021, 07:36 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,778,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Dr. Jill, of course.
Jill. Dr is for use in the educational relm of things. My children have had teachers who were DVM, PhD's or worked with the Smithsonian etc. They were still referred to as Mr. and Mrs. XYZ

Honestly I think Michelle Obama was a better one at being thrifty. While Milania Trump looked amazing, the reality is that her clothes were pretty expensive. Jill just dresses like she's older than she is. Shoot when my grandma was alive, she dressed better for special things and church better than Jill Biden does.

Old 08-01-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Jill. Dr is for use in the educational relm of things. My children have had teachers who were DVM, PhD's or worked with the Smithsonian etc. They were still referred to as Mr. and Mrs. XYZ

Honestly I think Michelle Obama was a better one at being thrifty. While Milania Trump looked amazing, the reality is that her clothes were pretty expensive. Jill just dresses like she's older than she is. Shoot when my grandma was alive, she dressed better for special things and church better than Jill Biden does.
I loved Michelle Obama and her fashion sense.

I'm pretty sure Jill Biden is almost 70... like maybe 69.

I think she looks great!

24 of Jill Biden's best fashion looks over the years

https://news.yahoo.com/24-jill-biden...163603740.html

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-01-2021 at 08:38 PM..

Old 08-01-2021, 08:57 PM

31,909 posts, read 14,904,885 times
Quote:
I can see your head needs some adjusting. First ladies are not queens, or Gods to be honored. Everyone earns respect and it is not automatically given to them. Hog-The-Camera Jill is not "special" and I don't bow down to her. By the way, I never saw a post from you when the Dems called President Trump every name in the book!

Well, perhaps it was because Trump wasn't first lady which this thread is about. And you're right, first ladies aren't queens or gods. I just don't understand the point of insulting them when they have done nothing wrong. Is this a thrill for some.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:47 PM

20,663 posts, read 8,430,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I'm pretty sure Jill Biden is almost 70... like maybe 69.
She turned 70 in June. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall is four years older and dresses better. Otherwise they could be sisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies