Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 06:05 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times

Advertisements

There's a bit more about Rapinoe in this article. https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...rapinoe-mocked

Old 08-03-2021, 06:10 AM

1,941 posts, read 825,047 times
Personally I think the protesting athletes need to look at the case of Krystsina Tsimanouskaya who actually fears returning to the country she represents or Vitaly Shishov who was found hanged in a Kiev park when he went jogging. Those are the real brave ones.

Old 08-03-2021, 06:29 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Another article vilifying all 613 athletes for the actions of a handful. Not surprising.

And why watch the Olympics when you can watch Tucker Carlson rant about the Olympics.

Why watch the Suni Lee win the All Around Gold when you can complain about the media's soft treatment of Simon Biles dropping out.

Why watch the US Swim team which is absolutely crushing it when you can whine about Megan Rapinoe.

Why watch Sydney McLaughlin (who? says the conservative) when she says she "was here to represent her country" when you can be outraged about a woman hammer thrower who you can't even name anymore.
Valid argument
But, it almost sounds as if your complaining about other people complaining..

I simply choose not to watch and will keep my reasons to my self...

Old 08-03-2021, 08:07 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
It's important to note that some viewers aren't turned off by the athletes but by the unending swill of garbage news aimed at divisive race and gender stories.

CNN has been running olympics related articles about cultural appropriation of sports like surfing, whining about black women getting negative attention for things like failing a drug test among others and every other woke angle they can dig up.

So, it's not just a segment of athletes but rather the media that is turning the Olympics from unity to division and frankly after 18 months of protests and covid etc. many people regardless of politics are just worn out by it.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/opini...mer/index.html
Whining whining .... woke.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/fe...ics/index.html
Whining about the womens clothing....um go look what the wrestlers and male swimmers wear you crybabies.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/sport...ntl/index.html
More whining....as if male athletes never have issues with governing bodies or criticism.

I could post a dozen more, the point is made.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:18 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
None of the 613 are speaking out against it.

They are complicit.

I will continue to boycott and will celebrate any failures that I hear about.
Oh, shut up. I don't know who's more annoying the "but, but, but, Covid" crowd, or the "I see woke everywhere and have to rile against the woke" crowd.

Both of you are so annoying and uninteresting.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:24 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
If you don’t want to watch the Olympics then don’t watch them. I assure you that nobody gives a crap what your reasons are. It’s as relevant a discussion as us discussing who does/doesn’t watch American Idol.

When you’ve proclaimed to not care about the Olympics but persist in participating in discussion about the Olympics it’s duly noted by observant people that you aren’t very rich in character. Just sayin’.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:26 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Sports are in the entertainment industry. TV ratings are a way to measure interest in a sport.

Why are leftists so obsessed with pushing wokeness into everything including entertainment? My wife notices that the shows she watched pushed a new woke agenda every episode. She stopped watching as it was too preachy. People like to escape the falling a part world sometimes.

Why are right wingers always so obsessive with ratings?

Ratings DO NOT measure interest in a sport. Ratings are for advertisement purposes only to set ad rates that's it. Nothing more. Sport leagues have tons of different avenues for revenue especially in the age of streaming and the internet.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:28 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm part of the majority of former olympics viewers that normally watch the Olympics but haven't watched 1 second of the Woke Olympics. I would only watch to see the US women's soccer team and men's basketball team lose hopefully.
This was my attitude which I decided was unhealthy. So I ignore them now.

I was looking forward to watching but decided other things were better for me than watching and getting mad.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:32 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
If you don’t want to watch the Olympics then don’t watch them. I assure you that nobody gives a crap what your reasons are. It’s as relevant a discussion as us discussing who does/doesn’t watch American Idol.

When you’ve proclaimed to not care about the Olympics but persist in participating in discussion about the Olympics it’s duly noted by observant people that you aren’t very rich in character. Just sayin’.
Well, when ratings are down 55% it begs the question why and you can bet that the corporations that paid for broadcasting right and NBC sure want to know WHY.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:36 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, when ratings are down 55% it begs the question why and you can bet that the corporations that paid for broadcasting right and NBC sure want to know WHY.
Broadcasting companies have spent the past decade vilifying the United States and every tradition within it.

Is it really such a surprise that our bobblehead nation has responded by accepting that message and paying it forward?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies