Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 06:19 AM

21,930 posts, read 9,498,367 times

Advertisements

OMG. Here it is. And NBC affiliate LIED about hospitalizations and the hospital came out and said so. WAtch this at the 8:48 mark. This is outrageous. How can you trust ANYTHING they say anymore?

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...-covid-vaccine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 06:22 AM

7,238 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
OMG. Here it is. And NBC affiliate LIED about hospitalizations and the hospital came out and said so. WAtch this at the 8:48 mark. This is outrageous. How can you trust ANYTHING they say anymore?

You can't. I think people have finally had it.

Old 07-31-2021, 06:25 AM

21,930 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Our local NBC affiliate reported something similar the other night.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:34 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
You can't. I think people have finally had it.
Not the Leftists. They still watch and believe the liberal mainstream media.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:41 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:

Thank you for this. RSV is surging right now and it is something that actually puts kids in the hospital. I have been wondering if the news stories of kids in the ICU were actually due to RSV and not covid (since kids are rarely hospitalized for covid) and this story confirms that it is true for this hospital system at least. I cannot imagine they are an anomaly. We are being lied to constantly.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:49 AM

21,470 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Not the Leftists. They still watch and believe the liberal mainstream media.
I saw a lone man walking his dog last night wearing a mask. A few days before that I saw an obviously married or cohabitating couple walking outside with their baby in a stroller and they were wearing masks. No one else was near any of these people and they were outside in the Texas heat. Why on earth are they wearing masks under these circumstances?

It’s bordering on OCD now. They cling to their masks like a child clings to a pacifier or a security blanket. Normally I’d be sympathetic but they want to force everyone else to do it too because they are scared. If they want to do it fine, but don’t force it in others.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I saw a lone man walking his dog last night wearing a mask. A few days before that I saw an obviously married or cohabitating couple walking outside with their baby in a stroller and they were wearing masks. No one else was near any of these people and they were outside in the Texas heat. Why on earth are they wearing masks under these circumstances?

It’s bordering on OCD now. They cling to their masks like a child clings to a pacifier or a security blanket. Normally I’d be sympathetic but they want to force everyone else to do it too because they are scared. If they want to do it fine, but don’t force it in others.
Air quality issues?

Old 07-31-2021, 08:16 AM

21,470 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Air quality issues?
Nope. They’re obviously scared due to reporting of the Delta surge. Our air quality is fine (or as fine as it’s ever going to be). I don’t live in the inner city. I live in a suburb.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:17 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
This is why kids are being hospitalized in high numbers right now.
https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/in...read-of-virus/

Quote:
The recent emergence of a virus that typically sickens children in colder months has baffled U.S. pediatricians and put many infants in the hospital with troublesome coughs and breathing trouble.

RSV, or respiratory syncytial virus, is a common cause of cold-like symptoms but can be serious for infants and the elderly. Cases dropped dramatically last year, with people staying home and social distancing, but began cropping up as pandemic restrictions eased.

“I’ve never seen anything like this before,’’ Dr. Kate Dutkiewicz, medical director at Beacon Children’s Hospital in South Bend, Indiana, said after treating two RSV-infected infants recently. Both needed oxygen treatment to help with breathing. ‘’I’ve never seen cases in July, or close to July.’’

Old 07-31-2021, 08:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:

OMG. Here it is. Dr Barbara Pahud, Director Research , infectious disease of Children’s Memorial said the 367 bed hospital was at capacity and attributed it to :

An increase in Covid among children , and

Other seasonal summer and winter respiratory disease.

This doctor’s advice: Mask up and get vaccinated, if eligible

From the local Fox News affiliate:

https://fox4kc.com/tracking-coronavi...-more-kids-in/

No shortage of local news affiliates reported what the hospital spokesperson said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies