Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 02:28 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't get the vax if I already had covid19, there's really NO knowledge of it being less protective than the shots, and NO knowledge of you being more protects if you get the shots. People are making up stuff just to sound smart. And don't get me started on the poster(s) who spit "...would you rather catch covid and die on a ventilator"? Those fools think most people who get covid actually do die on a ventilator, and there is no talking to them.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:33 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I wouldn't get the vax if I already had covid19, there's really NO knowledge of it being less protective than the shots, and NO knowledge of you being more protects if you get the shots. People are making up stuff just to sound smart. And don't get me started on the poster(s) who spit "...would you rather catch covid and die on a ventilator"? Those fools think most people who get covid actually do die on a ventilator, and there is no talking to them.
Nope there sure isn't. Of all the people I've known that have gotten Covid, they all said it was nothing more than flu like symptoms (similar to what the CDC had on their website at the start of this thing) and not one went to the hospital. But the trolls of the internet love to fear monger.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:35 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
How is it rude for these ' friends' to inform you of a resolution ?

He who hesitates is....lost.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:36 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Nope there sure isn't. Of all the people I've known that have gotten Covid, they all said it was nothing more than flu like symptoms (similar to what the CDC had on their website at the start of this thing) and not one went to the hospital. But the trolls of the internet love to fear monger.
The governor in my state NJ has said many times that covid is a death sentence...like it is black or white. Wear a mask or die has been his message for quite some time

Since he is a spectacular liberal, the media is lockstep with him and that is the message other liberals lap up

Old 08-01-2021, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
How is it rude for these ' friends' to inform you of a resolution ?

He who hesitates is....lost.
Is that what you call it...inform?!

It's not like people haven't been overloaded with information for the last year. Nothing her friends said are enlightening in any way. They were badgering her...plain and simple. Let's call it what it is.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
The governor in my state NJ has said many times that covid is a death sentence...like it is black or white. Wear a mask or die has been his message for quite some time

Since he is a spectacular liberal, the media is lockstep with him.
Yep, absolutely pathetic. And it's unfortunate, that the Governor apparently believes people can't think for themselves and run some numbers. But between that and the ones that are trying to start a Civil war, the country will continue to be divided. At some point, rational minds will take over and people will stop with the childish labeling and realize there are responsible and irresponsible people and being vaccinated or unvaccinated has nothing to do with that.

Old 08-01-2021, 03:42 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Today my friend and her husband said I need to get the vaccine. I won’t get a reaction and if I do it’s only for a day. I had Covid in Nov and as of March still had antibodies. I’m just don’t know if I want it yet since it isn’t approved by the FDA. I have allergies and reactions so I have concerns. They were rude telling me “you will be fine!” “Stop watching the news and just get the vaccine”. I am sick of not being allowed to have any concerns without being made to feel like crap.
You have natural immunity so you should be fine without the vaccine. Don’t feel shame. You have better protection against Covid than they do.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:09 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Today my friend and her husband said I need to get the vaccine. I won’t get a reaction and if I do it’s only for a day. I had Covid in Nov and as of March still had antibodies. I’m just don’t know if I want it yet since it isn’t approved by the FDA. I have allergies and reactions so I have concerns. They were rude telling me “you will be fine!” “Stop watching the news and just get the vaccine”. I am sick of not being allowed to have any concerns without being made to feel like crap.
Never grant anyone permission to "make you feel" any way. That is a gift you give close family and partners.

My employers also feel the domineering, bullish, talk-over-you-while-you're-explaining-your-concerns routine is a functional way to 'win an argument.' The fact that they can't determine what is a conversation and what is an argument is telling.

That in itself follows the old rule that you shouldn't raise your voice, you should improve your argument. You'll notice a dramatic undercurrent of folks that know their argument is a steaming pile of crap so they just shout louder. Ignore ignore ignore.

You do what is right for YOU and only you and your situation.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:13 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,508 times
Everyone needs to just worry about themselves. If I die in 5-10 years from the vaccine like some people think, then that is my problem. Likewise, if the unvaccinated get sick from covid, thats their problem. Tell your friends to f off and worry about themselves and their families. Everyone needs to make the best choice for themselves.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:18 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
Everyone needs to just worry about themselves. If I die in 5-10 years from the vaccine like some people think, then that is my problem. Likewise, if the unvaccinated get sick from covid, thats their problem. Tell your friends to f off and worry about themselves and their families. Everyone needs to make the best choice for themselves.
Bingo. Especially when the vaccine doesn’t even stop you from spreading the virus.

Give me a healthy person unvaccinated over a vaccinated obese person any day if the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies