Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 08:24 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,344 times

Advertisements

Not satisfied with the messes they've made elsewhere, ultra-liberals now want to ruin the Olympics. Thankfully, we have Bill Maher to point out the hypocrisy while putting a smile on your face.

Bill Maher
Quote:
But we’re living now in a world where straight actors are told they can’t play gay roles and white novelists aren’t allowed to imagine what it would be like to be a Mexican immigrant, even though trying to inhabit the life of someone else is almost the very definition of empathy, the bedrock of liberalism.

And by the way, if anyone deserves to ***** about stealing in the Olympics, it’s the horses in the equestrian events who have to watch humans get medals for everything they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anUlV6umjqM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2021, 08:38 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
+1 Bill Maher nails it.

These people remind me of bitter church ladies from the small town I grew up in.

Humorless fault seekers of "wrong thought" and determiners of what is and is not appropriate...and the irony of them complaining about fascists goes right over their heads.

Old 08-01-2021, 08:50 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Maher is a bit slow on the uptake... but, he is finally starting to realize that the classically-liberal left will be the first victims of the postmodern woke illiberal left.

Old 08-01-2021, 09:00 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
+1 Bill Maher nails it.

These people remind me of bitter church ladies from the small town I grew up in.

Humorless fault seekers of "wrong thought" and determiners of what is and is not appropriate...and the irony of them complaining about fascists goes right over their heads.

Political correctness, wokeism, social justice, whatever the label is today, dictates that certain thoughts, represented by words, cannot exist.

The most efficient way to police these thoughts is by prohibiting the words that best represent the forbidden ideas.

Old 08-01-2021, 09:02 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Bill Maher has adnitted to an (uncapitalized, please note) libertarian sentiment for years; perhaps it's time he capitalized it, and ditched the mistaken belief in "greater common good" (at the cost of too much power in Big Brother's hands).

Old 08-01-2021, 09:08 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Weird that I now like this guy. I love anytime anyone points out how stupid and crazy the left is. I wish they would listen to things such as this and wake up but they are too busy be WOKE and brainwashed.

I haven't watched any Olympics and won't be watching any NFL this fall. They can take their WOKENESS and shove it.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
+1 Bill Maher nails it.

Here’s more detail about who said what and when that cost them their job:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...been-canceled/

The guy who previously bragged about forcing a disabled boy to masturbate in front of others and ear feces, is especially bad.

A recent reference about a popular Japanese comedian being an Olympig …. Not so much.

Digging up a bad Holocaust joke made 20 years ago, during a comedy sketch is a stretch.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Weird that I now like this guy. I love anytime anyone points out how stupid and crazy the left is. I wish they would listen to things such as this and wake up but they are too busy be WOKE and brainwashed.

I haven't watched any Olympics and won't be watching any NFL this fall. They can take their WOKENESS and shove it.
He also points out how stupid and crazy the right is too.

People seem to believe and enjoy anything when it seems to validate their perceptions.

Maher self identifies more Libertarian than left or right.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:48 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Here’s more detail about who said what and when that cost them their job:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...been-canceled/

The guy who previously bragged about forcing a disabled boy to masturbate in front of others and ear feces, is especially bad.

A recent reference about a popular Japanese comedian being an Olympig …. Not so much.

Digging up a bad Holocaust joke made 20 years ago, during a comedy sketch is a stretch.
Yes, it’s horrible. But what is the statute of limitations on this stuff? I would hate for my whole life to be judged on my lowest ethical moment in middle school - most people would. There is a reason we have different standards for juvenile behavior, along with reasons for sealing juvenile records. Neither the brain nor soul is fully formed in youth.

Old 08-01-2021, 03:21 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Not satisfied with the messes they've made elsewhere, ultra-liberals now want to ruin the Olympics. Thankfully, we have Bill Maher to point out the hypocrisy while putting a smile on your face.

Bill Maher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anUlV6umjqM
Isn’t the whole Olympics a culture appropriation of the Greeks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies