Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 07:01 AM

9,344 posts, read 6,904,591 times

Advertisements

They want to leave the city but wherever they go they will bring their politics with them to turn it into the very cesspool they were looking to escape. We saw this first hand in SWFL when people from Miami were looking to escape the crime and gridlock experienced there. They brought their kids and friends with them that were the exact problem they had there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 02:38 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,652,679 times
Do those same 44% want Pelosi to leave, too? She must have offered 56% ice cream, no? Id rather keep all the stupid in California instead of having them spread their liberal idiocy.

Old 08-02-2021, 07:39 PM

7,467 posts, read 4,298,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Some Californians are clearly trying to escape the lefty nonsense that California has become (along with the crime and expense), but it is safe to assume that San Francisco will mostly be exporting entitled progtards.

I have met a few of both types in my smaller AZ city.
I left New York State for those very same reasons. Just about every day I wake up and thank God that I now live in Arizona.

You really have to live in one of these states to fully understand how screwed up the Democrat Party is and those that vote for them. They're like the Stepford wives and will vote for anyone with a (D) after their name. All one has to do is look at the evil condescending face of Andrew Cuomo. He's got to be one of thee most loathsome swines that ever held public office. Unfortunately for New York State, New York City and its metro area rule the state with an iron fist. Most of upstate New York is Republican. Two thirds of New York's 62 counties voted for Trump. 50 of those counties passed resolutions opposing New York's "Safe Act" one of the most draconian gun control laws in the entire country. An act of which only 4% have complied.

Unfortunately no one gets to choose where they were born and raised. Knowing what I know now and after living here for over 11 years I would have chose the Great State of Arizona.

Old 08-02-2021, 07:45 PM

7,467 posts, read 4,298,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Do those same 44% want Pelosi to leave, too? She must have offered 56% ice cream, no? Id rather keep all the stupid in California instead of having them spread their liberal idiocy.
Yeah, me too. But they're never satisfied unless they make everyone just as miserable as they are.

How anyone can vote for that miserable wretch is beyond me? Or for any Democrat for that matter.

Old 08-02-2021, 08:09 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,156,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
44% of San Francisco residents want to leave the city with 80% saying it is because of rising crime and disorder. Walgreens have closed locations and Target has shortened hours in San Francisco due to the city being soft on crime.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...ents-plan.html

The problem is those that can afford to leave will likely vote back in the same blue policies in their new cities that caused them to flee.
The people that vote blue ruin that places they live in by doing so. Then they move and spread that plaque to new places. It is a never ending disease that keeps spreading which is why things are so bad now.

Old 08-02-2021, 08:58 PM

5,851 posts, read 3,273,480 times
They will leave and take their left wing nut job ideas and destroy somewhere else!

Old 08-02-2021, 08:59 PM

9,290 posts, read 11,036,672 times
Quote:
44% of San Francisco residents want to leave the city with 80% saying it is because of rising crime and disorder. Walgreens have closed locations and Target has shortened hours in San Francisco due to the city being soft on crime.

The problem is those that can afford to leave will likely vote back in the same blue policies in their new cities that caused them to flee.
Exactly. They never learn, their wounds are self-inflicted. Libs aren't the smartest people in the world.

Old 08-02-2021, 09:07 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,719,137 times
Quote:

I been telling people its worst than Philly, NYC and Chicago

Old 08-03-2021, 12:08 AM

23,131 posts, read 28,863,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Lol...

Not just nimby types (although SF is full of them no doubt), but also authoritarian dictats related to ever oh so progressive nonsense that hampers developers from building needed housing.

San Francisco has ordinances about shadows from new buildings over 2 stories. A 63 unit project has been delayed over 5 years because it would cast a shadow over 18% of a public park nearby for a couple hours a day that is used primarily by minority (latino) people. Racial justice nonsense over much needed housing. Yep, SF nimby types can stay put in SF.
With the closing of the Presidio, housing activists wanted to put low-cost housing on that site, and Pelosi kept pushing to make it a national park. I love Nancy for what she's done, but this a black mark on her record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies