Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 03:22 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,980,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
44% of San Francisco residents want to leave the city with 80% saying it is because of rising crime and disorder. Walgreens have closed locations and Target has shortened hours in San Francisco due to the city being soft on crime.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...ents-plan.html

The problem is those that can afford to leave will likely vote back in the same blue policies in their new cities that caused them to flee.
Some Californians are clearly trying to escape the lefty nonsense that California has become (along with the crime and expense), but it is safe to assume that San Francisco will mostly be exporting entitled progtards.

I have met a few of both types in my smaller AZ city.

Last edited by snebarekim; 08-02-2021 at 03:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And then there's the rich people on the San Fran-Nimby-o hills that won't allow any building higher than 3 stories to mar their views of the Bay, creating a nightmare for developers. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

If Only the Nimby's would leave San Fran-Nimby-o!
Lol...

Not just nimby types (although SF is full of them no doubt), but also authoritarian dictats related to ever oh so progressive nonsense that hampers developers from building needed housing.

San Francisco has ordinances about shadows from new buildings over 2 stories. A 63 unit project has been delayed over 5 years because it would cast a shadow over 18% of a public park nearby for a couple hours a day that is used primarily by minority (latino) people. Racial justice nonsense over much needed housing. Yep, SF nimby types can stay put in SF.

Last edited by snebarekim; 08-02-2021 at 04:04 AM..

Old 08-02-2021, 03:47 AM

33,077 posts, read 12,337,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And then there's the rich people on the San Fran-Nimby-o hills that won't allow any building higher than 3 stories to mar their views of the Bay, creating a nightmare for developers. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

If Only the Nimby's would leave San Fran-Nimby-o!
In the 1950s close relatives of mine bought a row house on a hill there with a potential water view, but not a special one (south facing, looking towards the Cow Palace and Candlestick Point and the South Bay beyond. They bought the lot next door so that they would be the last house to prevent blocking the view they intended to capture. Their mortgage payment was $50 per month. They later put in a window themselves to capture the view.

Old 08-02-2021, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Lol...

Not just nimby types (although SF is full of them no doubt), but authoritarian dictats over oh so progressive nonsense that hampers developers from building needed housing.

San Francisco has ordinances about shadows from new buildings over 2 stories. A 63 unit project has been delayed over 5 years because it would cast a shadow over 18% of a public park nearby for a couple hours a day that is used primarily by minority (latino) people.
I have some friends who built a custom house for themselves in Del Monte Forest in Pebble Beach in the 1980’s.

They had to redo the original plans because they miscalculated re disrupting one tree.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I have some friends who built a custom house for themselves in Del Monte Forest in Pebble Beach in the 1980’s.

They had to redo the original plans because they miscalculated re disrupting one tree.
I recall a California neighbor dispute over a redwood tree casting a shadow on the neighbors solar panels.

Oh dear, what does a good Kalifornia proggy do about that? *wrings hands*

Old 08-02-2021, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Lol...

Not just nimby types (although SF is full of them no doubt), but authoritarian dictats over oh so progressive nonsense that hampers developers from building needed housing.

San Francisco has ordinances about shadows from new buildings over 2 stories. A 63 unit project has been delayed over 5 years because it would cast a shadow over 18% of a public park nearby for a couple hours a day
that is used primarily by minority (latino) people.

I refer to them as ‘preponderance of the bass (at 2:13 in the clip) people’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXX20JDxUJw

Old 08-02-2021, 04:06 AM

Quote:
I recall a California neighbor dispute over a redwood tree casting a shadow on the neighbors solar panels.

Oh dear, what does a good Kalifornia proggy do about that? *wrings hands*
That doesn’t surprise me.

As technology progresses……more things to have disputes about.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:37 AM

26,972 posts, read 15,193,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
44% of San Francisco residents want to leave the city with 80% saying it is because of rising crime and disorder. Walgreens have closed locations and Target has shortened hours in San Francisco due to the city being soft on crime.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...ents-plan.html

The problem is those that can afford to leave will likely vote back in the same blue policies in their new cities that caused them to flee.
Ahh, the sad case of, Thank you Sir! May I have another?"

Drinking that same poison repeatedly is a major threat towards dragging our nation down the sewer.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:56 AM

39,810 posts, read 26,408,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
San Francisco is very liberal. These are mostly liberal Leftists that voted for the Democrat policies and politicians that created this bed, but now they don’t want to lie in the bed they made.

Also, almost all of these liberals will go somewhere else and bring their garbage liberalism with them and infect other cities/states.
Liberalism is like the Covid virus, after it infects and destroys one city, it moves on to infect other areas. Sane states should consider vaccinating themselves and banning immigration from California or other leftist states. It's for their own good after all.

It's become obvious that leftism is a far, far bigger threat than any cold virus will ever be.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:58 AM

26,346 posts, read 14,957,649 times
Quote:
Some Californians are clearly trying to escape the lefty nonsense that California has become (along with the crime and expense), but it is safe to assume that San Francisco will mostly be exporting entitled progtards.

I have met a few of both types in my smaller AZ city.
I know of a handful of Chicagoans that moved to red areas of Michigan.

They still love Chicago, ot at least it's attractions, but point blank hate Chicago politics. They hate the bad economic state, the high sales taxes, the unions having too much sway, the crime, the property taxes, the anti-business regulations, on and on.

They vote blue in red west Michigan. Why? Blue is best. These Chicago-refugees apparently think that these Michigan democrats will not do what Chicago democrats did.

And thus they spread the contagion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies