Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support women having to register for the draft?
Yes (and I'm a woman) 20 14.81%
Yes (and I'm a man) 67 49.63%
No (and I'm a woman) 15 11.11%
No (and I'm a man) 33 24.44%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 12:45 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
I am a vile, filthy leftist with two daughters in the draft age range and yes of course - if men have to, women should also have to.

Or abolish the draft for men.

Ho Chi Mien would call that bluff.

When little Suzi gets her legs blown off, CNN will run her story 24/7, then the support for the war will vanish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 01:01 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Ho Chi Mien would call that bluff.
Are you referring to Ho Chi Minh?

Old 08-02-2021, 01:04 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Why is everyone arguing about capability of woman to serve in the infantry or any combat unit for that matter? The question was "Should women have to register for the draft?", that's it. Even the OP can't seem to stay on point with that but I guess they never served in any capacity. Its is a registration, not a draft....

If you want to argue the role of woman in Combat that is a completely different topic as Congress makes that rule...

Old 08-02-2021, 01:10 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why is everyone arguing about capability of woman to serve in the infantry or any combat unit for that matter? The question was "Should women have to register for the draft?", that's it. Even the OP can't seem to stay on point with that but I guess they never served in any capacity. Its is a registration, not a draft....

If you want to argue the role of woman in Combat that is a completely different topic as Congress makes that rule...
Why would we register people who aren't capable of serving where needed?

Should we register grandma and grandpa now too?

You really needed to have this explained before you made your decision?

Old 08-02-2021, 01:12 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why is everyone arguing about capability of woman to serve in the infantry or any combat unit for that matter? The question was "Should women have to register for the draft?", that's it. Even the OP can't seem to stay on point with that but I guess they never served in any capacity.
But why are we not surprised that some people can't stick to debating a simple question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
You are aware, aren't you, that there are more jobs in the military than infantry? And that those jobs are every bit as essential because they support the service men and women who are engaged in combat?

I'm beginning to wonder.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:15 PM

36,520 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
For example?
Yes for example? Where are you getting you wealth of knowledge about women in the military?
Other countries have had women in combat for years so

Did they get a bunch of service members killed/shot/blown up unnecessarily.

were they too weak, too slow and too easily injured to do anything except make themselves a liability.

Did half of them will show up pregnant, say they got raped, etc., etc.

Did mommies scream more when their daughters were killed

Did enemies focus on killing and maim as many female soldiers as possible for easy victory

Old 08-02-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
How many female deaths will you tolerate before we have to call the war off?

What's your squeal point?
I'm not the one who declares or ends wars, but I see no difference in the death of a man or a woman, they are both lives lost.
If it were we would not engage unless our country was attacked.

I guess like most my squeal point is when they send my loved one back in a body bag.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:

Are you under the assumption that all those 18-25 year old men are capable of serving where needed? Especially today.
I listened to too many horror stories from my Dad, who was drafted into WWII and fought front lines in the Philippine Islands, to think any present day 18 year old is ready and capable of going through what he did.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:29 PM

1,702 posts, read 782,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Are you under the assumption that all those 18-25 year old men are capable of serving where needed? Especially today.
That's what Basic, AIT, and Unit Cycle training are for. They'll get in shape and they WILL get ready. Not for actual combat, because NOTHING can prepare you for that. But, as far as getting in shape... and learning one's MOS... that WILL happen regardless of how ready they were when they first signed up. And this is true regardless of gender.

Fear is an excellent motivator for new recruits

Old 08-02-2021, 01:31 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:

I already stated that I believe woman as well as men should register, the age limits are outlined in the law so I'm afraid granny and gramps don't qualify.

You started this topic what more do you want only respondents who agree with you should post???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies