Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 12:18 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I haven't watched 1 second of the Woke Olympics but even I'm tempted to watch a replay of this game.
elite soccer is unwatchable I can't imagine how boring this game was. I haven't watched any of the olympics. It seems useless now. Bunch of cry babies and people who don't want to compete.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:24 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Can’t win them all.. they still have a chance for Bronze.

You guys do realize its soccer right? Winning or losing a game doesn’t change anyone’s stance.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
elite soccer is unwatchable I can't imagine how boring this game was. I haven't watched any of the olympics. It seems useless now. Bunch of cry babies and people who don't want to compete.
you all have been crying since the Olympics started.. lol.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:26 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times
Hahahaha, Love it. I’m glad those losers lost.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:26 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Canada and America are both Anglo Saxon and both are woke nations. Since both nations ansn both teams are woke. I can imagine it would he a great game.
Woke is a good thing...Woke is a term that originally referred to awareness about racial prejudice and discrimination. It subsequently came to encompass an awareness of other issues of social inequality, for instance regarding gender and sexual orientation.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:31 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Woke is a good thing...Woke is a term that originally referred to awareness about racial prejudice and discrimination. It subsequently came to encompass an awareness of other issues of social inequality, for instance regarding gender and sexual orientation.
"Woke" is today nothing more than a term denoting virtue-signaling and a baseless sense of moral superiority over those with other views, and it has also taken on a religious fervor with an intolerance towards divergent views which borders on the pathological and which oftentimes is manifested through verbal and physical violence.

I'm proudly not woke. But I'm very awake.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:46 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
They were playing for themselves, not the country. If you hate America that much, please leave, we have millions risking their lives to come here.
Some of these athletes are selfish woke-tards. Could you imagine if a player for the Milwaukee Bucks turned his back on his team, and his coach, and took off his jersey to protest against the very team they represent, after winning the championship? And yet that is what these jerks do, disrespect us, our flag, our nation, turning their backs on America.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:51 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,954,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
"Woke" is today nothing more than a term denoting virtue-signaling and a baseless sense of moral superiority over those with other views, and it has also taken on a religious fervor with an intolerance towards divergent views which borders on the pathological and which oftentimes is manifested through verbal and physical violence.

I'm proudly not woke. But I'm very awake.
Agreed. One obvious characteristic of a woke individual is intolerance for differing opinions. A second is virtue-signalling.

The woke crew hates the descriptor ‘virtue signaling’ because it perfectly captures (and exposes) their antics.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:55 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Can’t win them all.. they still have a chance for Bronze.

You guys do realize its soccer right? Winning or losing a game doesn’t change anyone’s stance.
Has nothing to do with the sport. Some people find them objectionable or unlikeable for a number of reasons and thus enjoy them failing.

Others like myself think they're a bunch of lying jerks but don't care enough to wish ill upon them nor do I care about them protesting.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Has nothing to do with the sport. Some people find them objectionable or unlikeable for a number of reasons and thus enjoy them failing.

Others like myself think they're a bunch of lying jerks but don't care enough to wish ill upon them nor do I care about them protesting.
lying jerks?

You guys have no idea how you sound right now.

Its like you guys want us to be Communist China. Hug the flag or else!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies