Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 09:10 AM

10,649 posts, read 4,280,350 times

Advertisements

Trump did enough to win, just lost by pure luck, when you look at how small Biden's margins were-
Biden won Arizona (0.3), Georgia (0.2), Pennsylvania (1.2), Wisconsin (0.7).
Whereas Trump won Florida (3.3) and Ohio (8.0).

Old 08-03-2021, 09:14 AM

8,896 posts, read 2,936,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
What were his concrete manifesto promises?
The wall, lower taxes, lower regs, holding china accountable, helping to stop outsourcing blue collar jobs, supporting police, getting rid of the ACA, etc.

He had a lot.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:15 AM

33,509 posts, read 18,076,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Sean Hannity asked Trump to name his top-priority agenda items for his second term.

Trump's answer: “You know, the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I’ve always said that, but the word experience is a very important word. It’s a very important meaning. I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington, I think, 17 times. All of a sudden, I’m president of the United States. You know the story. … Now I know everybody, and I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes. An idiot like [the former National Security Adviser John] Bolton, all he wanted to do is drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to kill people.”
We Trump supporters already know what Trump will do...Put Americans first..

Trump won...

Trump gained 500,000 votes in 2020 more than 2016. A half million people more in each battle ground state voted in 2020 and Trump gained in every state.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:15 AM

8,896 posts, read 2,936,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Trump did enough to win, just lost by pure luck, when you look at how small Biden's margins were-
Biden won Arizona (0.3), Georgia (0.2), Pennsylvania (1.2), Wisconsin (0.7).
Whereas Trump won Florida (3.3) and Ohio (8.0).
No doubt helped by machine gunning ballots all over the state because of "covid"

Old 08-03-2021, 09:18 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,077,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We Trump supporters already know what Trump will do...Put Americans first.
America First? You still believe that?

“Just say the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R congressmen.”

Old 08-03-2021, 09:21 AM

6,605 posts, read 4,986,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Trump lost because the Democratic Party took advantage of the expansion of Vote-by-Mail and Third Party Ballot Collection-Harvesting that was made readily available because of the pandemic. It's the ONLY way the Democrats could have added over 12M votes from the previous election without a major population increase.

That's it, end of story
If we werent a country with 40% suffrage that might make sense.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:23 AM

4,291 posts, read 1,540,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
The wall, lower taxes, lower regs, holding china accountable, helping to stop outsourcing blue collar jobs, supporting police, getting rid of the ACA, etc.

He had a lot.
Outside of getting rid of the ACA, a lot of those don't seem like concrete policies, but vague ideas. Lower taxes for instance, for whom and at what income level? What does holding china accountable actually mean? Does the wall include some miles of fencing, not wall? Wasn't that a 2016 promise?

Old 08-03-2021, 09:24 AM

24,328 posts, read 17,065,160 times
Trump lost because there was a concerted effort by the Dems, their propaganda machine that dumped negativity 24/7/365 on Trump and the big movers, shakers and deal makers of DC to defeat him.

It really is incredible he won in 2016 but they were so ready for him in 2020 to do whatever it took to defeat him be it manipulation of the vote counts to outright fraud.

Biden? come on man! seriously? The only reason he "won" was due to half his voters would vote for the "D" no matter what and the other half had been brainwashed into thinking Trump was Hitler. The rest of the votes they needed to push him over the top were fabricated.

Trump ran on MAGA, Border Security, a Strong Economy (that was unfortunately stopped in its tracks by covid) Law and Order and making America #1.

What do we have with Biden? MAGA is a dirty concept, We don't have a Border, the economy is faltering with inflation/stagflation looming, we are still struggling with Covid, crime is surging and they tell us America doesn't deserve to be #1.

I miss Trump.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:29 AM

46,889 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
He had no platform for his 2nd term.
Meh, there's precedence - il Duce, when asked for his political program, said: "Program? My program is to rule Italy." The crowd ate it up, because that sort of thing appeals to a certain voter. Platforms and policies and stuff? Booo-ring. Yawn. Besides, with their leader being nothing but unrestrained id, they have an excuse to be their worst selves.

The more embarrassing bit about the recent election was that the Republican Party - who are supposed to be some sort of political entity with a plan for government - completely failed to define a 2020 platform except (paraphrased) "We luvs Donald Trump and want more of him."

And Trump won, then lost due to the one talent that he has in abundance: He is really, really competent at making it about himself. The bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral.

The media propelled him through the Republican primary because he was good copy - look at those wacky hijinks he's up to this week, woo! And he rode his name recognition to victory - didn't hurt him that the Hillary campaign essentially acted as if it was a done deal, more of a coronation than an election. Because they're idiots - or rather, because the Hillary campaign was staffed by people who couldn't fathom the idea that she wasn't owed. No attempt at winning over the doubtful. She had waited, now it was her turn. (The same attitude that lost her the nomination back in 2008.)

Of course, the all-Trump all-the-time coverage is a double-edged sword, the job as President comes with certain expectations, and 2020 became not Trump v. Biden, it became a referendum on Trump. And a whole lot of Americans felt that perhaps the joke had grown stale and it would be nice to have the class clown back on the sidelines. Particularly as there was a crisis being mishandled in front of them.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:31 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,323,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We Trump supporters already know what Trump will do...Put Americans first..

Trump won...

Trump gained 500,000 votes in 2020 more than 2016. A half million people more in each battle ground state voted in 2020 and Trump gained in every state.
I would hope he gained votes since the population grew by nearly 8 million people and voter turnout was 11% higher in 2020 than it was in 2016. As a result there were many more votes to go around and Biden happened to get quite a bit more of them than Trump did…hence a Biden victory. That’s democracy for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.