Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 01:45 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
That was my question...
It will put a hurt on family oriented entertainment.
Or perhaps they are working on an experimental vaccine for newborns and up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 02:10 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Hitler would be proud.

Yes Indeed !~

Old 08-03-2021, 02:20 PM

1,929 posts, read 817,432 times
Wonder if not being vaccinated will impact New Yorkers "Social Credit" scores.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:49 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And my thing is if you are vaccinated to protect yourself from those who are not then what's the problem? Vaccines don't work? Then why have them?
I know right!

Old 08-03-2021, 02:55 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Most people don't need the better tools though, rather the vulnerable need better protection - the desire to save lives is understandable, but if the hunt for better tools is itself creating a pandemic, then we're heading into a vicious circle.

Are they though? - perhaps you would argue that guns are unrelated to gun violence?

.... in response to your addition - the survival of the species is more important than the survival of me, and that survival could very well depend on knowing whether this is purely natural, or whether it's the result of the short sightedness of humanity- that's why your unwillingness to look at the big picture, is ultimately a greater danger than a virus that just isn't that much of a threat.
It's the difference between putting out a fire and investigating arson. Both are important, but as long as the flames are roaring, one is more important the other.

Old 08-03-2021, 03:00 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
The vaccinated of America sure are obsessed with he unvaccinated, enough to implement “papers please” which is only going to affect mostly people of color.

I guess “my body my choice” was one huge liberal lie.

Well it’s a good thing the vaccinated can’t spread the virus… Oh wait…

Old 08-03-2021, 03:02 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I find this very disturbing coming from the government.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/03/nyc-to...-settings/amp/
Does a mayor even have that kind of power?

New Yorkers don't like being bossed around, a lot of people will prob decide not to visit restaurants over this. As if restaurant owners were not almost made extinct from the previous shut downs, now this?

Old 08-03-2021, 03:04 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The vaccinated of America sure are obsessed with he unvaccinated, enough to implement “papers please” which is only going to affect mostly people of color.

Exactly. The vaccinated shouldn't care what the unvaccinated want to do, or not do. What is this obsession of using the vaccine as a club to beat people with.

Old 08-03-2021, 03:08 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

They made this about race on another NY thread about entering restaurants... It's ridiculous. Most young Black and Latinos in NY have smartphones. The vaccines are free. The excelsior pass is easy to setup.

They even did mobile clinics in undeserved communities. Vaccine drives in Yankee stadium and Brownsville etc...

You had White people running to the Bronx to get vaccinated... So as a Black man from Queens that got J&J in Jackson Heights, I gotta say it's BS and a political agenda to say this disproportionately impacts us. The only thing disproportionately is the education and lack of PCPs for people of color to consult with regarding their individual situation. But access? Nope. It continues to be easily and widely available.

NYC Restaurants are going to suffer because vaccines don't prevent infection. Not because people of color cannot get vaccinated...

Old 08-03-2021, 03:08 PM

19,799 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Stop pretending any of you will actually ever visit NYC.
I personally would never want to, nor have I ever said that I would want to, EVER visit that excrement-hole.

For those who live in and LOVE New York, GREAT!! Just please promise that you will never move away from it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies