Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 10:17 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
His political career is over. I expect him to resign shortly. The AG has overwhelming evidence of sexual harassment.

Yeah, they said there are 11 different accusers and, IIRC re the piece of evidence number, over 74,000 pieces of evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 10:19 AM

17,417 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
It's hard to find news articles about the specific allegations. I only found one mention that he may have touched a woman's breasts. Most articles seem to suggest he made inappropriate comments? Ok, what were the specific comments he made?

Hard to have an opinion on this without knowing the details.
Have fun ... it's 168 pages and super easy to find.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/polit...omo/index.html

Old 08-03-2021, 10:24 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
He's innocent until proven guilty.
Too many things are broadly considered "sexual harassment" these days.
Innocent touches/pats on the shoulder, hugs, polite french style kissing on the cheeks, etc, is not sexual harassment in my book. If someone is not comfortable with such body language or gestures then they should say so right away so it does not become a future issue.

If he touched women's breasts, butts, or groins, then that is definitely sexual harassment/assault.

Polite comments about women's outfits or just saying 'you look good today' or whatever is not sexual harassment either.
If he made comments about their boobs or their nice a**, then yeah that could be sexual harassment if the woman did not want to be complimented in a sexual nature.
This is a really good post. It would not surprise me if there was some truth to all of this, but this already has the whole "mob" feel to it. I am not going to be joining this mob, even if everyone else does, and even if it is uniting against someone who I politically regard as a bad guy, such as Andrew Cuomo.

We all saw the "MeToo" hysteria from a few years back. Aside from Harvey Weinstein, which of those people were ever held accountable? And how many of those people were falsely accused? This media led mob hysteria, based on an incendiary report from a state AG who does not inspire confidence, is already looking and feeling like another chapter of that mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He’s literally on camera awkwardly putting both his hands on a young woman’s face.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...9-wedding.html

Do that to your coworker and see how fast you get slapped.
People need to turn their brains on when evaluating matters such as these. If THIS is one of the big revelations, then this is all a big overreaction. I am not saying this report is wrong, or that there is not more, or that he should not be investigated and held accountable by law enforcement authorities. But we need to not join the mob mentality here. To support the political destruction of this man based on the sort of observation you made above would be more of a negative reflection on the people joining that mob, and prematurely and emotionally supporting that end that it would be of him.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:27 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Christ. The man is a pig.

But, here’s what really ticks me off about this, it was a very poorly kept secret that everyone just pretended wasn’t happening. The media knew at least some of this was going on while they were lionizing him in the national news. Fox reported this months before the rest of the media caught up.

The heads of some of those senior staffers that were sheltering him need to roll also.

Revolting.
One person's common knowledge is another person's urban rumor.

DD lives in NY and has always thought he was a jerk. That was common knowledge. too.

Fox must have had somebody willing to confirm their reporting or they were willing to risk the lawsuit.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:29 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgtMike View Post
Disgusting pig. I wonder how his brother will spin this on the communist news network. Oh wait, none of the leftist news networks will carry the story since he's one of them.

That was the first thing I thought about.

The second thing I thought about is that is that it's likely this won't be kept from his mother (who turns 90 in about six weeks), and he'll rightfully be going through that shame.

The third thing I thought about was will his long term (2005-2019) former girlfriend, chef Sandra Lee, have any public comment.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:31 AM

7,363 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well. Since these are Dems running the investigation, not sure that's entirely true.
The media will turn on him, disassociate him with democrats and try to avoid any political ideology discussion around him. will try to paint him as a republican.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:33 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
People need to turn their brains on when evaluating matters such as these. If THIS is one of the big revelations, then this is all a big overreaction.
Yeah all the accusers are just lying for a payday.

Let me guess, you’re a huge Bill Cosby fan?

Old 08-03-2021, 10:34 AM

323 posts, read 129,768 times
Hollyweird loved “woman molester” Cuomo because of his hatred for President Trump now that the worm has turn, I wonder what there thoughts are now?

The ‘Cuomosexual’ Hollywood Elites Who Were ‘In Love’ With Accused Sexual Harasser Andrew Cuomo

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...-andrew-cuomo/

Old 08-03-2021, 10:35 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
If the allegations are true, he definitely overstepped his bounds, way overstepped. There would be no mistaking whatsoever that he sexually harassed these women.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:36 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
... and violated state and federal law.

Press conference is on now.

This is INSANE.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/08...n/andrew-cuomo
Pretty much every Democrat does what he did so my only guess is that they decided to take him out to replace him with someone more racist and Far Left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies