Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 09:42 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times

Advertisements

in order to humiliate the US? After all, why win a gold medal for a country you hate?

No medals...NONE! Were won by team usa on opening day...seems suspect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 09:49 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
We've got lots today.

lord

Old 07-25-2021, 10:12 AM

9,895 posts, read 4,659,887 times
As lucky as many US Olympians are to be in a country with the infrastructure to practice or participate in just about any sport without worrying about hunger, poverty, medical care etc there are other people in the world that are good or better at these sports. The US athlete is working from resources, Athletes from other countries are working with stronger motivation.

Most are not losing on purpose. Some are just showing up.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:15 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,224,030 times
I don't think that people that have trained as hard and as long as Olympians would lose in the hope to embarass the United States.

You refer to "the America hating Olympians." Even if there is one "America hating Olympian" (which I don't concede but I'm not following the games so there may be incidents of which I am unaware), that does not mean that every one of them has the same viewpoint. If someone is truly an "America hating Olympian" wouldn't hos oer her bullhorn be bigger if he or she wins?

Old 07-25-2021, 10:16 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
I think they would want to win so they can stand on that pedestal and show the world how much they hate their country (USA).

Old 07-25-2021, 10:24 AM

9,895 posts, read 4,659,887 times
The US Olympic program even if not intended is like the old Soviet bloc countries where the state/government provided their athletes with everything they needed. The US program in particular is doing that even if from organizations like the US Olympic committee and colleges/system. Just like pro sports the colleges are the farm teams for future Olympic teams in many sports.

And just like the US and other countries that were still able to compete with the Soviet bloc other countries and athletes are able to compete with the US. But the US Olympic program ironically has become the old Soviet bloc program especially when it comes to resources.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:29 AM

25,780 posts, read 12,849,279 times
Well, there's likely NBA players who declined spots on the hoops roster, because they hate America, so that's like losing on purpose.

All the NBA cares about are themselves, or they'd have scheduled better around these O games, & encouraged players to compete for America. The greed is glaring.

The "Dream Team" just lost to France...how embarassing is that? We need a new nickname for this group of overpaid losers.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:33 AM

21,154 posts, read 19,742,228 times
Thank you to everyone who - like myself - is boycotting the Olympics.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:34 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I don't think that people that have trained as hard and as long as Olympians would lose in the hope to embarass the United States.

You refer to "the America hating Olympians." Even if there is one "America hating Olympian" (which I don't concede but I'm not following the games so there may be incidents of which I am unaware), that does not mean that every one of them has the same viewpoint. If someone is truly an "America hating Olympian" wouldn't hos oer her bullhorn be bigger if he or she wins?
Well, its kind of difficult to be a sore winner. Their message of hatred gets lost with a shiny medal being in the way

Old 07-25-2021, 10:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
in order to humiliate the US? After all, why win a gold medal for a country you hate?

No medals...NONE! Were won by team usa on opening day...seems suspect...

WHY? What reason is there to believe the athletes from so many other countries participating
don't train as hard as Americans and aren't just as driven and competitive to win their events?

The never ending attempts at politicizing everything are getting pretty old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies