Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 01:30 PM

7,354 posts, read 3,525,357 times

Advertisements

Against because the science shows that kids are not affected severely by covid-19. This is a fact. Sure you can come up with examples of children who have died or got severely ill but for the most part these children were already in long-term care facilities and not the typical children that you see running around being kids. Sure some healthy kids die too, but life is fragile and you can die by anything. Kids can die of brain aneurysms heart attacks cancer... It is very tragic when that happens but unfortunately death is part of life.

It is ridiculous for anyone to abstain from life in order to live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I’m for keeping them healthy and out of the PICU.

Mine made it through a whole school year with masks and they are healthy, happy, thriving.

I’d rather they not have to wear them at all. It’s preferable that they see facial expressions and are exposed to minor illnesses. (No illnesses at all with the masks in our house). But that would require you “muh freedom” people to grow up and realize that freedom comes with responsibility. The delta variant is hospitalizing more kids.

The "muh freedom" is very condescending and makes it seem like people who are against masking kids are some kind of rednecks who support Trump and conspiracy theories and any other of the crazy nonsense that left constantly spew out. So I'm calling you out on it. It's wrong.

Don't take your freedom for granted lots of men and women have fought for this country. Your freedom is very valuable.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:44 PM

563 posts, read 281,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinas_cap View Post
the "muh freedom" is very condescending and makes it seem like people who are against masking kids are some kind of rednecks who support trump and conspiracy theories and any other of the crazy nonsense that left constantly spew out. So i'm calling you out on it. It's wrong.

Don't take your freedom for granted lots of men and women have fought for this country. Your freedom is very valuable.
smdh

Old 08-04-2021, 01:45 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
No masks unless it's Halloween

Old 08-04-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Honestly, I thought getting kids to wear a mask was going to be a big problem too, but the experience last school year was that students largely complied. The biggest problem was really just having them remember their masks, but there are free masks in the office for kids who forgot, and they would just grab them on the way to class.

We've already started school this year, and it's more of the same. The kids are even allowed to go without a mask outside, but the majority of them are still wearing them outside, at all grade levels.

I'm not "for" masks in school but if it allows schools to open during a raging pandemic I think it's a pretty reasonable tradeoff.

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Against because the science shows that kids are not affected severely by covid-19. This is a fact. Sure you can come up with examples of children who have died or got severely ill but for the most part these children were already in long-term care facilities and not the typical children that you see running around being kids. Sure some healthy kids die too, but life is fragile and you can die by anything. Kids can die of brain aneurysms heart attacks cancer... It is very tragic when that happens but unfortunately death is part of life.

It is ridiculous for anyone to abstain from life in order to live

Dems only believe in feeeeeelingssss, not facts. Let them mask their own kids. It will eventually eliminate them from the gene pool.

4,295 posts, read 2,764,744 times
I prefer they wear them, but I am against a mandate for them to do so.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
smdh
You can shake it all you want but I am not backing down from people who try to make it seem that defending freedom is a trashy redneck thing.

It is nonsense and I am calling it out.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I prefer they wear them, but I am against a mandate for them to do so.

Our state is closing in on 58% fully vaccinated. Anecdotally, as soon as the mask mandate for the vaccinated was lifted masks in public places became a rarity. This seems to imply that either huge numbers of the unvaccinated are hiding and avoiding public spaces or they are simply ignoring the mandate that they wear masks. In a public health crisis unless it's mandated many will cheat.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:05 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,380 times
Absolutely against the policy.
It's scaring the bejesus out of the kids, gives a false sense of security, and is nothing more than a form of control/indoctrination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies