Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 09:24 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Masks don't work. Even Cnn admitted it yesterday.

They are mental placebos.
This would work !!!

??? Why aren't we getting them from the Biden admin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl8hPDKDD1o

Old 08-04-2021, 09:24 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There's a lot of pressure on Abbott right now to allow school districts to make that decision for themselves.

As it is, it's a daily topic of conversation among parents. To send their kids, or not to send them? How many parents will have their kids masked? How many won't?

It really does seem awfully heavy-handed, in light of the uptick in cases and hospitalizations, to tell schools they can't take precautions.
Is it really a daily worry? Sure, some parents will keep their kids at home but the vast majority are probably happy their kids will get back to some normalcy. It’s not like masks actually work. My son got Covid at school right before the Christmas break last year and he had to wear masks to school. Masks don’t work!

BTW, my son’s symptoms included a headache that lasted for three days and a fever of 99 F. Otherwise he was fine.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:30 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Mr. Hutchinson sounds like an uneducated RINO.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:32 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Masks don't work. Even Cnn admitted it yesterday.

They are mental placebos.
And yet my dentist still wears one. What a moron.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Masks are nothing more than theater, designed to make people who have bought into Covid fear feel better.

I wear a mask just to comply with idiots in charge, but I don’t believe they work at all.
You are smarter than people who are experts in their fields.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:34 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,556,670 times
In Florida kids are free to wear masks if they or their parents wish, there's just no mandate.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:34 AM

1,015 posts, read 786,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Is it really a daily worry? Sure, some parents will keep their kids at home but the vast majority are probably happy their kids will get back to some normalcy. It’s not like masks actually work. My son got Covid at school right before the Christmas break last year and he had to wear masks to school. Masks don’t work!

BTW, my son’s symptoms included a headache that lasted for three days and a fever of 99 F. Otherwise he was fine.

I caught covid in January and i had a mask on social distance and stayed home.

They are just a security blanket. You need a true n95 mask to be protected not a surgical mask or a t shirt or anything else.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:35 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Masks don’t work!
Science says otherwise. Except for high risk, high exposure areas (like a poorly ventilated Covid ward in a hospital), masks are quite effective at preventing viral spread in the environments we encounter on a day to day basis.

Face masks effectively limit the probability of SARS-CoV-2 transmission

Old 08-04-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Science says otherwise. Except for high risk, high exposure areas (like a poorly ventilated Covid ward in a hospital), masks are quite effective at preventing viral spread in the environments we encounter on a day to day basis.

I don’t care about science. If I say that masks don’t work, it means that masks don’t work.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:15 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

From the article
For SARS-CoV-2, the viral load of infectious individuals can vary by orders of magnitude. We find that most environments and contacts are under conditions of low virus abundance (virus-limited), where surgical masks are effective at preventing virus spread. More-advanced masks and other protective equipment are required in potentially virus-rich indoor environments, including medical centers and hospitals. Masks are particularly effective in combination with other preventive measures like ventilation and distancing.
Would you consider a school that students are in with a large number of people breathing in the same circulated air as each other for several hours each day a virus-limited or virus-rich indoor environment?

Look, I’m not against students and teachers wearing masks if they choose to do so, but I do not think mandates are effective in that environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies